Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:51:46 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A PSA: Federal Lawsuit Questions Senator Obama's US "Natural Born" Citizenship « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A PSA: Federal Lawsuit Questions Senator Obama's US "Natural Born" Citizenship  (Read 9927 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 12, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

I don't know how many of you have followed this story, probably not many since few American media outlets are covering it, but there is a lawsuit duly filed in United States Federal Court, by Phillip J. Berg, which challenges the right of Senator Obama to legitimately run for President of the United States, based on Senator Obama's not being a natural born United States citizen.

Mr. Berg is a lifelong Democrat (yes, Democrat) who is the former deputy Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, former chair of the Montgomery, Pennsylvania Democratic Party, former candidate for both the United States Senate and the Governorship of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

As the judge in this case is set to rule on the matter no later than October 15, 2008, I thought some of you might be interested in getting a jump on the breaking story by seeing this video of Mr. Berg making his case for why he believes Senator Obama is disallowed from the Presidency.

It is about a ten-minute video, and it begins after about the first minute and a half of lead-in from the video's producers.

I'm not necessarily claiming to be convinced by Mr. Berg's arguments but in the interests of being well-informed I do find them interesting, and others may as well. Before posting acerbic dismissals of this subject, how about you watch the video thru to its conclusion?

The link:
Small | Large

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »

Yes I know this story, I find it interesting that Obama will not release his medical record aside from a 1 page letter from a Dr. stating he is OK .... what's in those records? Nothing? Drug treatment? HIV? What? If it's clean, then release them.

I'd think and I'm not a Obamabot that the FBI or CIA would have gotten this information beforehand, but you never know and again if it's legit then release the information.

... and while he is at it he can release all his school records too, which he seems to want to keep under wraps.

Much about him is still a unknown quantity and that is troubling. 

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »

No media outlets are covering the story because it is retarded.  His birth certificate has been released since June:  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html
Only the craziest of crazies are still going with this story. 

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »

No media outlets are covering the story because it is retarded.  His birth certificate has been released since June:  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html
Only the craziest of crazies are still going with this story. 

And of course it's not an issue that Cindy McCain never released her tax records, despite the fact that no spouse of a presidential candidate has refused to do so in the past.

IOLIYAR
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

Tarkas, I can tell you didn't do me the courtesy of actually watching the "retarded" video I posted before you presumed to comment on it, or you'd know why the lawsuit was filed even after the release of the supposed birth certificate. Surely you aren't afraid you might have your opinion changed? And thanks for the comment on my sanity. Most people have to know me a little longer before they start thinking I'm crazy. :-)

schmendrik, Senator Obama is not releasing medical records, educational records, or a valid birth certificate. As I've said before, I've never voted for a Republican and come from a long line of Democrats. But it bothers the heck out of me that this man who has been nominated by the party I've supported all my life is running this furtive campaign.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:02:09 AM by ER » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 01:04:28 PM »

I'm not following this case, but I wanted to stop by and say that the "natural-born Citizen" requirement of Art. II, Sec. 1 may be the most outdated concept in the Constitution.  The sole reason for its inclusion seems to be the fear of British loyalists returning control of the newly independent colonies to the Empire.  Today, there's no reason a naturalized citizen should be prevented from becoming President. 

The clause will never be amended, however, because the only time anyone thinks about a Constitutional amendment is when they have a particular Presidential candidate in mind (e.g. Schwarzenegger).  Obviously the opposing party would mobilize to block the amendment.

Ironically, John McCain was born outside US soil, in the Panama Canal Zone, but he is considered "natural-born" under Federal law.  There was even a legal challenge to McCain's eligibility, Hollander v. McCain, which ruled the plaintiff did not have standing to challenge McCain's eligibility.  (I would think the Obama case would have to be decided the same way).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »

Tarkas, I can tell you didn't do me the courtesy of actually watching the "retarded" video I posted before you presumed to comment on it, or you'd know why the lawsuit was filed even after the release of the supposed birth certificate. Surely you aren't afraid you might have your opinion changed? And thanks for the comment on my sanity. Most people have to know me a little longer before they start thinking I'm crazy. :-)

There is a video called "Loose Change" that I don't have to watch either to know it is full of crap.  I'd rather watch videos of Turkish guys dressed as Batman beating up guys. 

I try to get my information outside of agenda-driven video form.  Even Radically partisan Hot Air acknowledges that Obama is US born:  http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/12/obama-is-an-american-no-really/comment-page-3/
It also points out that Berg is a 9-11 conspirator, something I saw there after I wrote that Loose Change was crap just above.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »

Again, Tarkas, I don't think you have the right to be commenting on a specific video when you admit you've never seen it.

While it's great you feel able to speak in generalities about politics and the existence of other videos, logically you aren't in a position to make judgments on something you've never seen. Right?

I'd say you are basing your position not on evidence---which you won't take ten minutes and listen to---but on faith, making you (gasp!) a faith-based voter! It's kind of like when those infamous Cardinals wouldn't turn to look through Galileo's telescope. Instead of letting others tell you what is or isn't wouldn't you much rather make up your own mind, based on the presentation of fact? Where is the harm, if you're already certain you're right? Surely you aren't so busy you don't have ten little minutes? Wouldn't you like to make up your own mind? And if your mind is closed, as I'm sure it is, then why not keep up with current affairs, since this lawsuit is already news and is currently in Federal courts, being heard.

Watch the video, THEN rebut it. Take up for your candidate that way instead of name calling and impolite language.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »

Rev. Powell, when asked, Senator McCain provided ALL documentation as to the place of his birth, his medical and military service records, his tax information, and his education records. After he did this, the controversy concerning his past dried up. If Senator Obama would release ANY of those it might go a long way toward quieting the rumors flying around him and his candidacy. You might ask yourself why Senator Obama isn't providing this information. A man who wants to be leader of the free world should  not hide anything about his past or his present. Can anyone candidly say Senator Obama is not?

And I 100% agree with you about the anachronism that is the "natural born citizen" statute. In a nation of immigrants, we don't need that discrimination.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:53:31 PM by ER » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 05:42:16 PM »

Personally, I think that if there was much to it, it would have come out sooner, but I'm willing to let the courts make that determination. 

The challenge to McCain is kinda ridiculous; his parents were both U.S. citizens and he was born in an area that was, at that time, under the U.S. flag.

I support the "born citizen" requirement for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the possibility of a well-trained sleeper being thoroughly indoctrinated, then sent over here with the assignment to rise as high as possible in the ranks of our government . . . may seem unlikely, but we have a lot of enemies out there.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »

I'd say you are basing your position not on evidence---which you won't take ten minutes and listen to---but on faith, making you (gasp!) a faith-based voter!
So let's see here.  I support Obama and the 99.999999999999999% consensus that this is such a load of bull it isn't worth the the ten minutes the video is, thus I worship Obama?  You are so going to have a bad election day.

I support the "born citizen" requirement for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the possibility of a well-trained sleeper being thoroughly indoctrinated, then sent over here with the assignment to rise as high as possible in the ranks of our government . . . may seem unlikely, but we have a lot of enemies out there.

Yes, some secret agency with that kind of power would never think to ship the mother over to the US for a few weeks so she can squirt out the dangerous sleeper agent baby.   Also, we should prevent anyone who was in a prison camp from every becoming president, because we all saw the Manchurian Candidate and that was totally 100% true.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »

Oh, Tarkas, you are so going to have a bad next four years. As a certain Austrian house painter once quipped, "It is fortunate for leaders that few men think for themselves."

I still don't know why you're so afraid of this little video, but do you also review movies without watching them?

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »

I watched it, and quite honestly, it sounds like a load of crap. This idiot thinks people should believe that Obama is lying, because his SISTER doesn't know what hospital he was born in? I don't know what hospital MY sister was born in, does that make ME a liar? Could the guy try and be more vague in regards to what his grandmother supposedly said? My grandma thought I was her NEPHEW before she died, WTF is that supposed to mean? That guy spouted a bunch of crap about Obama going to school in Indonesia. . WTF does that matter? Because his parents took him to a foreign country, that's supposed to mean something? I especially like it how the guy in the beginning says something about how "He's not into conspiracies", , but what was the name of his firm? Illuminati Pictures.

Anytime you hear someone say "I'm not one for conspiracy theories", , It's safe money that they are.

Anytime you hear someone say "I've never voted anything but X" and then go on to rail someone belonging to X, it's safe money they've been X's opponent all along. Someone got this straight from the sherdog forums, where that is the main weapon of the simpletons over there.

As far a releasing his medical records to the public, I hope he doesn't, That's not something people should have to do, and I hope he stands up for that.

what's in those records? Nothing? Drug treatment? HIV? What? If it's clean, then release them.

That's a stupid argument, it's a right to privacy. Hey, send me pictures of your wife and mom naked. If they have nothing to hide, then they should release them. No? I guess they have something to hide. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »

what's in those records? Nothing? Drug treatment? HIV? What? If it's clean, then release them.

That's a stupid argument, it's a right to privacy. Hey, send me pictures of your wife and mom naked. If they have nothing to hide, then they should release them. No? I guess they have something to hide. .

No it's not a stupid argument, can't say the same for your reply. What's his health, what's his medical history he's running for president. McCain released his because the public has a right to know. I believe every president has released their records and not just a single page note.

Now, I think it wise to leave wives and mothers OUT of the conversation seeing how neither my wife nor mother is running for a political office and if they were I fail to see why nude photos of them are required.  Lookingup   

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »

And you still managed to miss the point. "McCain released his because the public has a right to know."? No, the public doesn't, what part of that don't you understand? "McCain released HIS, , so OBAMA should. . ". Honestly, what 4th-grade schoolyard did you pick that up from? Seriously, that sounds like something a child would say, sounds like my niece and nephew arguing. You believe? How about something a little firmer that 'I believe', and even if they did, which You've shown no evidence of, does that really automatically make that a requirement? If you think he's been in drug treatment, then dig it up, like you know good and well someone else already would have. FFS look at all the talk that was about W smoking pot and doing coke before he was elected, do you really think he could hide drug treatment. HIV? I'm not sure how to address that, considering that is EXACTLY the sort of thing right-to-privacy laws are meant to protect people from having to disclose. The reason is so idiots don't try and extrapolate a bunch of nonsense from one's medical history.

One cue though, you dismissed what I said about the naked pictures, still missing the point. Your argument of "If its clean, then release them" is no more valid than mine, presidential candidate or not.

If you want, I can list a quick fistful of things that could be on his medical records that would be reason for not wanting them to be released, have nothing to do with his qualifications, yet would be held against him or even used against him by some.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:29:44 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A PSA: Federal Lawsuit Questions Senator Obama's US "Natural Born" Citizenship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.