Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:08:58 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Halloween... doing anything? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Halloween... doing anything?  (Read 6719 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 13, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »

Halloween is coming up.  Man, I used to LOVE Halloween as a kid, still feel a silly sense of giddiness when I get to the Halloween isle and look at all the cool costumes, fake blood, the make up, crazy decorations.  Man, I wish I had a Halloween party to go to so I could make myself a costume... thinking maybe I'd dress up as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill...

Also wish my nieces and nephews lived closer so I could take them Trick or Treating, that would be a lot of fun... plus I'd probably get some “spillover” candy.  I mean, you go to a nice old ladies house, she gives the kids candy and then she's like, “How about you, young man?  Would you like some?”  And I'll be all, “Oh, no!  I'm just here for the little ki-well, if you're going to insist...” (scoop a whole bunch of candy from here bowl.)

And when we get home, I'll line the children up and say, “Okay, kids, time for my 10 percent commission!”  Go on down the line, scooping a little bit from each bag, saying,  “Thank you, thank you, thank-hey, hey, what are you doing?  Ah, ha!  Trying to hide a Kit Kat from me, hey?  Well, I was only going to take ONE bar, but after that stunt, I'm taking the WHOLE thing.  Let that be a lesson for the rest of you!”

But, seriously, I dunno.. probably be working that night anyway.  I could have asked off, but I figure, "Why?  What have I got to do that's so special that night?"

Did have an idea for the day though...

Had a idea of maybe going uptown while they're doing the candy walk (where all the kids go from business to business trick or treating) and setting up a booth for free hair colorings. That is, I offer to color the hair of any kids with one (or more) of the hair color sprays I have (got about four left over from last Halloween and could easily buy some more) and then having a bucket on the side saying, "Donations". (Debating on whether or not to do that or just charge a flat, but small fee per child, you know kids are gonna pester their parents for it.)

But, I dunno.. do you need a permit for that, I wonder? Have to ask those guys that set up vegetable stands on the weekend, maybe...

Anyway, just a thought I had, might be a way to make some extra pocket change and entertain some kids.

Still, wish I had a party to go to...  Bluesad

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »

Also wish my nieces and nephews lived closer so I could take them Trick or Treating, that would be a lot of fun... plus I'd probably get some “spillover” candy.  I mean, you go to a nice old ladies house, she gives the kids candy and then she's like, “How about you, young man?  Would you like some?”  And I'll be all, “Oh, no!  I'm just here for the little ki-well, if you're going to insist...” (scoop a whole bunch of candy from here bowl.)

You're thinking about it all wrong... the idea is you go to a nice single mom's house, while Dad is taking her kids out trick or treating.  She's like  “How about you, young man?  Would you like some?”  And you're all, “Oh, no!  I'm just here for the little ki-well, if you're going to insist...” (Fill in the rest).

Sorry, I had a "Menard moment."  Still, I think I might volunteer to take my nieces and nephews trick or treating this year...  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:28:44 PM »

You're thinking about it all wrong... the idea is you go to a nice single mom's house, while Dad is taking her kids out trick or treating.  She's like  “How about you, young man?  Would you like some?”  And you're all, “Oh, no!  I'm just here for the little ki-well, if you're going to insist...” (Fill in the rest).

Yeah, so what happens after that?   BounceGiggle

My plans, nothing too extravagant although its my absolute favorite holiday.  I'll have to deck out the house when I get home to scare the kids.  I have plenty of Halloween props to do that with.  Then I'm taking my son on a long trek to every street around here and we have plenty of them.  I'm taking a pillow case a back up candy storage.   Smile

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »

A friend's having a party on the 25th instead of Halloween, so I'll be doing that.

As far as the actual Halloween night, it's my grandmother's 70th birthday, so the family's having a surprise party.  Beer, food, friends, family, etc.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »

Yeah, so what happens after that?   BounceGiggle

Why, I reach in her bowl and scoop out a bunch of candy, of course!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 10:18:57 PM »

I'm taking Halloween off and am going to go with my 2 sisters and two nephews (ages 11 &  month shy of 4) to watch them treak and treat.  If I get back to my house I might give out some candy myself and try to scare the hell out of some kids.   TongueOut

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 11:06:29 PM »

I'm so old Halloween is just another day ... but I might watch a couple of cheezy horrors that seems to be SOP.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 11:38:16 PM »

You know, I don't do ANYTHING for Halloween. When I was in about the 7th or 8th grade, a friend of mine was over on Halloween night, and he decided to put dog crap in those plastic eggs you get around Easter and hand them out to kids. Of course we go busted and I got half the blame, since he did it at my house. I wasn't allowed to do anything the following Halloween, and I just never got back into doing anything. That was only 25 years ago or so, I should be able to go out for Halloween without feeling guilty. weird.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BTM

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:15 AM »

You know, I don't do ANYTHING for Halloween. When I was in about the 7th or 8th grade, a friend of mine was over on Halloween night, and he decided to put dog crap in those plastic eggs you get around Easter and hand them out to kids. Of course we go busted and I got half the blame, since he did it at my house.

Ahhh man, that sucks.  Course, you know, "...the company you keep" and all.  Still, I would have pounded him once or twice. 

Or did you know he was going to do that? 

I wasn't allowed to do anything the following Halloween, and I just never got back into doing anything. That was only 25 years ago or so, I should be able to go out for Halloween without feeling guilty. weird.

"I felt guilty once, but she woke up right in the middle..." -Quagmire, Family Guy

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:58:05 AM »

We have three little children to take around, but I hope to put on some old, torn clothes, and take the chain off my chainsaw.  I spin up the chainsaw and come stalking out of my dark garage right after I turn off the outside floodlights on the approaching trick or treaters...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 08:03:27 AM »

Not much of a Halloween tradition here. I used to go to an Irish Pub (don't ask why) and get a couple of drinks (plus one) like all the others. This has, somehow, lost it's magic by now...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:32:56 AM »

I did have plans with my girlfriend, but they appear to have fallen through now.  Bluesad I'll probably travel down to my mom's and watch some horror flicks there. I can't stand it whenever it's Halloween or Bonfire night near my place, all my neighbours are beverly hillbilly half-wits who will be drunk all day, messing around with fireworks and think that a trash bag passes for an actual costume.  Lookingup

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

I'm going to a party at a supposedly haunted house, built in 1850, and then spending the night there. Oughta be fun. Halloween's the best!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »

Or did you know he was going to do that? 

Well, I laughed at the idea, and I probably didn't go far enough to stop him. The screwed up part is that he pretty much asked me to take the fall for it, and while he never said that I did it, he sure didn't go out of his way to tell people I DIDN'T do it. That was in pretty much the middle of my parent's whole divorce thing, so I was probably craving the attention (abliet negative attention) I was getting through it.

Funny thing was the when we got a little older and into high school, we didn't tell ANYONE about it or talk about it to others, because it was pretty embarrassing, , but we talked about it amongst ourselves and somehow managed to laugh about it. I kinda laugh when I try and imagine at what point the whole ordeal seemed like a good idea. WTF were we thinking?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »

We have three little children to take around, but I hope to put on some old, torn clothes, and take the chain off my chainsaw.  I spin up the chainsaw and come stalking out of my dark garage right after I turn off the outside floodlights on the approaching trick or treaters...

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Halloween... doing anything? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.