Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:14:21 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Name That Movie - Pictures « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 227
Author Topic: Name That Movie - Pictures  (Read 1280626 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1560 on: June 30, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »

A hint, eh?  Okay.  Not sure what it's real title is as none of the information in it's IMDB listing can be easily verified.  But I think the title listed is a character name.  That said. .

The movie is supposedly based on a notorious novel set in feudal China.  The original non-Enlish title being one of the characters/stories in the novel on which this is based.

The U.S. DVD release is a hacked import version with typically bad dubbing.

I believe the guy responsible for importing this into the U.S. was fairly notorious on the Drive-In circuit.

And if that didn't help here's another screen cap, slightly modified to protect liberal conservatives, young Hobbits, and the weak minded. .

Oh, yeah, and while those caps are taken directly from the DVD I've had to crop them to get rid of the black bars as it's not anamorphic.   Yet all the reviews I've read state that it is.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Javakoala
« Reply #1561 on: June 30, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »

Well, considering the guy is Asian, I'm guessing that's not a French tickler he has there?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1562 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »

A hint, eh?  Okay.  Not sure what it's real title is as none of the information in it's IMDB listing can be easily verified.  But I think the title listed is a character name.  That said. .

The movie is supposedly based on a notorious novel set in feudal China.  The original non-Enlish title being one of the characters/stories in the novel on which this is based.

The U.S. DVD release is a hacked import version with typically bad dubbing.

I believe the guy responsible for importing this into the U.S. was fairly notorious on the Drive-In circuit.

And if that didn't help here's another screen cap, slightly modified to protect liberal conservatives, young Hobbits, and the weak minded. .

Oh, yeah, and while those caps are taken directly from the DVD I've had to crop them to get rid of the black bars as it's not anamorphic.   Yet all the reviews I've read state that it is.

Ah, I recognize it now!  The "real" title is THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF REV. POWELL, WESTERN DEVIL, AND HOW HE BEDDED 1,000 MEDIEVAL ASIAN CHICKS IN KYOTO.  That's me in the second photo, partially blocked by the badmovies logo.  No wonder it looked familiar! 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1563 on: June 30, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »

Ah, I recognize it now!  The "real" title is THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF REV. POWELL, WESTERN DEVIL, AND HOW HE BEDDED 1,000 MEDIEVAL ASIAN CHICKS IN KYOTO.  That's me in the second photo, partially blocked by the badmovies logo.  No wonder it looked familiar! 
Y'mean the nude babe?  Twirling

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1564 on: June 30, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »

I've got a few guesses.  My first thought was it was based on the Carnal Prayer Mat, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as I couldn't find any movies "inspired" by that book made before Sex & Zen.

First guess, improbable though, is The Golden Lotus (1974).

Confession of a Concubine (1976)?

Illicit Desire (1973)?

I dunno...  These are Shaw Bros. films, which considering how obscure this apparently is makes that pretty unlikely.  
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1565 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:24 AM »

I've got a few guesses.  My first thought was it was based on the Carnal Prayer Mat, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as I couldn't find any movies "inspired" by that book made before Sex & Zen.

First guess, improbable though, is The Golden Lotus (1974).

Confession of a Concubine (1976)?

Illicit Desire (1973)?

I dunno...  These are Shaw Bros. films, which considering how obscure this apparently is makes that pretty unlikely.  

Believe it or not you're fairly close.  There are three words, including "the" in the title, and you've actually used of of them in the movie titles above.

If it helps a user comment comment on IMDB says this is a Japanese movie based on a Chinese novel about a woman with a overactive libido and is simlar or related to The Water Margin.

Jim H

« Reply #1566 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »

Knowing it was Japanese helped a lot.

Pretty sure this is The Notorious Concubines (1969).  Japanese title is Kin Pei Bei, which sounds to me like it is a transliteration of Jin Ping Mei, a notorious erotic Chinese novel with Water Margin connections.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1567 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »

That's it. AFAIK it's only on DVD from SWV by way of Harry Novak.  Too bad as I've always wondered if the original un-edited version was any better.

Your turn hombre!

Jim H

« Reply #1568 on: July 02, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »

Here we are.

Jim H

« Reply #1569 on: July 04, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »

Do we need a hint?  Well, you should be able to guess the approximate time this film was made based on the hair you can see.  The type of film stock it was shot on should be clear as well, based on the look of the picture.

This is a VERY low budget horror film.  It's American.  It's about vampires...  Sort of.
Javakoala
« Reply #1570 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

Vampires And Other Stereotypes?
Jim H

« Reply #1571 on: July 04, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

Vampires And Other Stereotypes?

Nope.  Hmm, maybe another hint?  No one in this movie really did anything else.  For a long time, a rough cut TERRIBLE quality version was the only one available, but a few years back it got a quite nice special edition. 

There's a ridiculous heavy metal influence in the film, with a lot of characters wearing t-shirts bearing band names, that sort of thing.

Probably the most famous image of this is a young vampire wearing a wife beater with a ton of his skin burned off.  It's on the VHS cover.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1572 on: July 06, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »

Only see a red X but this reminds me of cheezy trailer for some movie about disco vampires I saw ages ago.   Close?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1573 on: July 06, 2009, 05:36:47 PM »

Is it a vampire film? The guy don't look like a vampire. It does look 80's ish...judging by the chicks hair....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H

« Reply #1574 on: July 06, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »

This is a little too late for disco.  Shot in 1991, on Super8.  VERY low budget, I gather in the $5,000 range.  The director was very young when he made this, probably around 21, and this is his only film.  The original workprint-based VHS copies came out in I think 1993.  And yes, it is a vampire film, though a lot of the action in the film makes it look more like a zombie film. 

The man in the picture is on the cover of the DVD, though you might not recognize him.  I'd upload another picture, but I'm having serious internet connection problems.  I'll get another one up tomorrow if I can't do it tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 227
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Name That Movie - Pictures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.