Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:00:53 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  80s alien movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 80s alien movie  (Read 50735 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »

i remember very little about this one, here goes: i think this was some kind of alien invasion movie. theres this little kid involved some how. he knows there are aliens among us along with a couple of other people. at one point an alien/person shoots some kind of phaser weapon thingy at a car as the kid and somebody else are getting away. the only thing im pretty sure of is the ending where a space ship is leaving. the kid may have been kidnapped before and some people (maybe his mom too) are trying to save him before the aliens take off with him. when they finally reach the space ship, its too late. the aliens are leaving and what may be the skeleton of the kid is left behind shackled to a wall or pillar. i remember his mom or somebody finding the kid (or what was left of him) and crying and yelling noooo! as the space ship flys over head. does this sound familiar?

exterminate all rational thought.....
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »

I was thinking the 80s remake of Invaders From Mars but I'm pretty sure the kid survived in that.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:17:38 PM »

nope, thats not it. i grew up with that one, i know it pretty well.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

This sounds a little like "Xtro."  Some of the facts do not fit, but they're close enough that you might want to take a look.  There's a reader review for it:

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/xtro/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »

i dont think its xtro. i actually had this movie for a couple of months, but ive only watched half of it. ill try and make time this weekend to watch it, i have seen the ending of xtro and i think the movie im trying to remember doesnt end like that. the one thing that sticks in my mind is this skeleton being shackled and these people getting there too late as the ship takes off. give me a day or two and ill check out xtro.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »

"Xtro" definitely does not have a shackled skeleton at its end.  The mother arrives at the clearing just in time to see her ex-husband and the boy, both of them "transformed" in varying degrees, as they depart.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »

I think Andrew's got it. Perhaps the "shackled skeleton" part of your movie memory is derived from a scene in "The Beast Within?"

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »

i finally got around to watching xtro, thats not the one. i saw a couple clips of the beast within on youtube, thats not it either, any more suggestions?

Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »

For some reason I just keep thinking of Laserblast.
Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »

Wow, thanks for XTro. found an awesome Triple Pak on Amazon!!! How do I give out KArma points???
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 06:28:30 PM »

How do I give out KArma points???

You can't give karma until you have 10+ posts.  And you can never give karma to Andrew or RCMerchant, because they are bad-movie dieties, not mere mortals like ourselves.   Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »

i saw another post on here asking about strange invaders, i think that may be it. part of it anyway, i may have some facts mixed up. i dont think the skeleton is in this one but alot of the other things i could barely remember seem to match up. oh, forgive me for not leaving karma, you people have been very helpful. ill try and go back and leave some.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 11:05:12 AM »

Since we still haven't nailed this one down, perhaps some more memory searching?  Do you remember what the period of the movie seemed to be, such as vehicles, houses, clothing, weapons?  Other characters besides the boy and his mom?  How about what the aliens looked like?

If the boy's skeleton was not in this movie, then Invaders from Mars (1986) is a very good suggestion.  Was it ruled out?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:59:04 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

I was thinking of Invaders From Mars, too.

Watch this clip.  Is this it?

Small | Large
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

no, im sure its not invaders from mars. i grew up with that one and i recently watched it again. i remember seeing the movie in question around the mid-eighties. that may have been the time period of the movie. the memory is so hazy that the only part that i can remember is the ending (if it is the ending). i dont mean to repeat myself so much but maybe someone will recognize it.  i remember the spaceship taking off, i dont think the ship wasnt very colorful but it was huge. it may have been on a lake shore, i remember a red red sky and dust blowing around. as some people were trying to reach the ship, it was too late, they got there as it was leaving. they stopped in horror as they saw the skeletal remains of a child (or maybe an alien) shackeled by both hands and hanging there, maybe between two pillars. i remember it being blown around a little as the ship  lifted off. thats about all i can remember.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  80s alien movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.