Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:45 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Larry Sinclair: Lying Slanderer Or Reporter Of The Biggest Story In Years? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Larry Sinclair: Lying Slanderer Or Reporter Of The Biggest Story In Years?  (Read 3178 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 17, 2008, 06:30:49 PM »

Interesting case, and Senator Obama has long dodged direct questions about it.

For those who may not know, Larry Sinclair is the Minnesota man who came forward last winter alleging a 1999 sexual encounter, in the back of a limousine, with then State Senator Obama. Sinclair claims to have acquired powdered cocaine for himself and crack cocaine for the Senator, and that after they partook of the drugs, they had, shall we say, a Bill and Monica moment.

Is Sinclair lying? Could be. People lie all the time, and in election years certifiable nutcases come out of the woodwork. Sinclair also has a significant criminal history, but then again, a man engaging in drug use and casual gay sex in a limo might be expected to.

Yet there are some odd facts in the case which I've found tough to dismiss. For instance, Sinclair was given multiple polygraph examinations by a group out to discredit him, and either “showed attempts at deception” or passed the test and documents online now (including some currently posted on his illegally hijacked website) are the ones that are fake. Sinclair does, though, possess items of material evidence linking him to that night (no, no suggestively stained dress in his case) including limousine and hotel receipts, all of which would seem to support the claim that at least he if not Obama were out on the town the night in question---a night when records have shown Obama was in fact absent from his duties in Springfield, and unaccounted for.

Sinclair has sworn official affidavits to the Chicago police about all this plus his knowledge of the execution-style murder of Donald Young, a young gay man and choir director at Obama’s Chicago church, whom Sinclair claims contacted him the night before his murder, expressing fears for his safety and saying he knew all about Sinclair and Obama’s involvement. If these sworn claims are untrue, Sinclair is setting himself up for perjury and obstruction of justice charges, which for a convicted multiple felon would mean life imprisonment. Still, after a year of interrogations and re-telling of his tale he has not yet been caught in a lie.

Then there is the issue of Sinclair’s arrest and detention this past summer, without a warrant (yes, no warrant…in the United States of America) instigated by Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Senator Obama’s current running mate. Sinclair, a member of the press, was arrested while giving a press conference regarding his claims, in Washington DC. Sinclair was detained without access to counsel, and oddly, all charges against him were dismissed the same day---literally the same day---Barack Obama named Senator Biden as his running mate. Sinclair has posed the question of the timing of this action, which according to him hints that Biden may have been blackmailing Obama over revelations Sinclair could have made. (And admit it, we’ve all wondered why Joe Biden of all people was the chosen VP candidate, haven’t we? LOL)

There is a lot more to this story than I’ll cite here. Maybe Sinclair is lying but if so, his story hasn’t been discredited yet, or addressed by the Obama campaign, either. Sinclair has been jailed over his accusation, had his life threatened, has been attacked, has suffered financially to the point that he is now destitute and living literally in poverty, and has seemingly nothing to gain from having stepped forward, unless it is as he has said, that he feared he would be killed along with the (supposed) young gay males Donald Young and another man, members of Obama’s church.

So it comes down to some if’s: If Larry Sinclair, certainly a less than credible witness, is making all this up, he has a good memory for facts and a good poker face for lies. If it’s true, he’s brave to come forward. If he is lying, then may he rot in prison if not Hell itself for slandering a man’s name and laying this would-be assault on democracy.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:16:18 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 07:20:06 PM »

As you well know, I am NOT an Obama fan, but something about this story stinks to me . . . it reminds me to much of the wretched CLINTON CHRONICES, a smear "documentary" by Larry Nichols that tried to link Bill Clinton, as governor of Arkansas, with the Mafia and Columbian drug cartels.  The movie was about half heavily slanted facts, and half clever fabrication.

Still, it is an interesting story, one with no media traction whatsoever, apparently.  You'd think the Anne Coulters and Sean Hannitys of the world would have picked up on it if there were much to it, instead of flogging the dead horse that is William Ayers for the last six months.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »

It all hinges on one person's word on a great many facts. Keep in mind that polygraphs are not admissible in court because they are highly unreliable. It's not that they NEVER work, but rather they seem to either work on a person, or not, and it errors either direction. There are ways to beat them. A receipt that happens to be timestamped the same day Obama has no proof of his whereabouts is proof of nothing. "Arrest and detention without a warrant" means little without knowing the exact circumstances. Do you really expect a man on the campaign trail to address things like this? I would give it MORE credence had ha acknowledged it.

Sinclair has been jailed over his accusation, had his life threatened, has been attacked, has suffered financially to the point that he is now destitute and living literally in poverty

So he says. .

and has seemingly nothing to gain from having stepped forward

Yep, this admitted criminal just wants to "Do the right thing".

Sinclair was detained without access to counsel

According to whom?

Sinclair has posed the question of the timing of this action, which according to him hints that Biden may have been blackmailing Obama over revelations Sinclair could have made.

According to HIM. .. This sounds like one conspiracy conveniently patching holes in another conspiracy.

he has a good memory for facts and a good poker face for lies

And just what would be so uncommon about THAT?

Listen, I have little use for politicians, I KNOW they all have something going on that's not on the level, that's a fact as I see it. Some, more so than others, but, this just comes off as sensationalist BS from the get-go. Drug abuser, Homosexual adulterer, murderer, Blackmailer, all hanging on some seemingly non-descript receipts and the word of a known criminal and admitted drug abuser, who is just trying to "come clean". If I were into conspiracies, I'd call this a diversion. .  Let's see if we can shoehorn Arson, Jaywalking, and the removal of those mattress tags that say "do not remove under penalty of the law" into it.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:42:47 PM »

I don't know what is more pathetic, Larry Sinclair or ER's increasing panic of an Obama win.  Awaiting your next thread about how Obama is a secret Muslim who will go "GOTCHA!" on Inauguration Day and sell everyone into white slavery. 

Menard
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »

I don't know what is more pathetic, Larry Sinclair or ER's increasing panic of an Obama win.  Awaiting your next thread about how Obama is a secret Muslim who will go "GOTCHA!" on Inauguration Day and sell everyone into white slavery. 

TeddyR Thumbup
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »

Sinclair also has a significant criminal history, but then again, a man engaging in drug use and casual gay sex in a limo might be expected to.

Yeah, anyone who has gay sex -- especially CASUAL gay sex -- can be expected to have a criminal history.

Lookingup

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 08:57:06 AM »

If he gets us out of iraq i don't care if he smokes banana peels in the back of a pinto
George Wallace
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »

..so willing to believe
Dave M
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »

We need a third option (besides Lying Slanderer Or Reporter Of The Biggest Story In Years), like, Thing We'll Completely Forget Until The Next Time Someone Questions The One, At Which Time It'll Be Whipped Out As An Example Of How All Of The Nonbelievers Are Homophobic Or Something.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Larry Sinclair: Lying Slanderer Or Reporter Of The Biggest Story In Years? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.