Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:44:50 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Divorce « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Divorce  (Read 7072 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys.  I've been around here for a long time and I know most of you quite well.  Good to know I have friends through all of this.

Honestly, I'm happy with the decision I have made.  I know it's going to be best for all of the parties involved, especially my daughter.  I know this may sound awful, but I don't want her to turn out like her mother.  There were problems that spanned far further than just the way my wife treated Autumn.  I want my daughter to be her own person, someone who is loving and caring.  I just wanted both her and I out of an environment where every action was criticized.

I'm not going to lie, I'm happier than I have been in a long time.  Autumn seems to be in a great mood now, instead of being introverted and sad, like she was when she was around her mother.  I feel unburdened.  I see nothing but great things happening from this point on.

As for my wife....she wasn't depressed.  I hate to use such a strong word, but she was just plain lazy.  She used to not be, but once she saw that I am not a lazy person, she used that to her advantage.  She figured that if I was able to do everything that needed to be done, then she would just lay back and not contribute.  That has eaten me up for years. 

Anyway, hate to unload on you guys, but I'm glad you are all here.  I've missed being around the board.  I hope to be here much more frequently!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »

Hey Skaboi, based upon your last post, I'd say this news is not so sad.  Still I wonder, what is your wife's occupation? 

I was going to comment that depression is an insidiously destructive hard-to-understand thing, but you seem to understand that laziness was the real issue. 

I too admire any parent determined to protect and foster their own child, particularly Dad.  Let me tell you, I have been 'round the divorce mulberry bush in more than one circumstance in my life.  It's never easy, yet, if you're breathing a sigh of relief, I expect you've made the right choice. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »

My wife is a radiographic technician.  Basically, she takes X-rays here at a local hospital, which is one of the largest trauma centers in the state.  She's been at it for about a year now and really enjoys the job.  That being said, I put my own ambitions and goals aside and have supported her through various college degrees until she settled on a job she enjoyed.  That is not necessarily a bad thing, as I now have a job that is extremely fulfilling and fun as hell!

Her job also brought us here to Wilmington, which is a great place.  We have a huge movie studio owned by Screen Gems (and ran by Nick Cage's brother).  The state university here also has an excellent film program which I'm thinking about enrolling in once everything between she and I is taken care of.  I'm going to finally start doing a few things for myself, and am going to try and make my life what it needs to be.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 01:11:31 AM »

Dude, sorry to hear that ... but sometimes it's the only option. Marriage is hard I've been at it about 20 years. It does sound a bit like depression to me, have you and your wife tried marriage counseling? Sometimes there is a break down in communication that is never really ever properly addressed. Her sleeping that long ever day has a underlying cause.

What ever the out come I wish you and your daughter the best.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 06:03:58 AM »

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys.  I've been around here for a long time and I know most of you quite well.  Good to know I have friends through all of this.

Honestly, I'm happy with the decision I have made.  I know it's going to be best for all of the parties involved, especially my daughter.  I know this may sound awful, but I don't want her to turn out like her mother.  There were problems that spanned far further than just the way my wife treated Autumn.  I want my daughter to be her own person, someone who is loving and caring.  I just wanted both her and I out of an environment where every action was criticized.

I'm not going to lie, I'm happier than I have been in a long time.  Autumn seems to be in a great mood now, instead of being introverted and sad, like she was when she was around her mother.  I feel unburdened.  I see nothing but great things happening from this point on.

As for my wife....she wasn't depressed.  I hate to use such a strong word, but she was just plain lazy.  She used to not be, but once she saw that I am not a lazy person, she used that to her advantage.  She figured that if I was able to do everything that needed to be done, then she would just lay back and not contribute.  That has eaten me up for years. 

Anyway, hate to unload on you guys, but I'm glad you are all here.  I've missed being around the board.  I hope to be here much more frequently!

We're all here for you, Mr V: I'd just like to say that I think your daughter is very, very lucky to have you as a father.  Smile

Good wishes, warm hugs and greetings from South Africa.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 06:27:46 AM »

Some of the hardest moves we make-and....ususally the RIGHT moves,in the long term....hurt the most. People are creatures of habit.  We find sameness comfertable. Divorce, moving,death,additction...even a birth or addition to the family,is CHANGE. Change can be very stressful and depressing.
  When I'm depressed,or stressed-I try to find comfort in familiar things....old movies,books.( I should try to reconnect with old freinds....except that most of my old freinds are hopless drunks.)
  The best advice I can give,I guess,is spend lots of time with your daughter....it may not be visable...but young kids get hurt the worst by these things. Make her feel you will always be there. Your the steady reality in her world.

My best wishes to you.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 07:02:34 AM »

I've never experienced a divorce, but I am a child of one.

Best wishes to you and to your daughter, take care.  Smile

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Divorce « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.