Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:40:16 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story  (Read 6688 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: October 24, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »

Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story 
PITTSBURGH – A McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter "B" scratched on her face in a politically inspired attack, police said Friday.

Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false and was being charged with making a false report to police, said Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department's investigations division. Police doubted her story from the start, Bryant said.

Todd, who is white, told police she was attacked by a 6-foot-4 black man Wednesday night. She now can't explain why she invented the story, Bryant said.

Todd also told police she believes she cut the backward "B" onto her own cheek, but she didn't explain how or why, Bryant said.

Todd initially told investigators she was attempting to use a bank branch ATM when the man approached her from behind, put a knife with a 4- to 5-inch blade to her throat and demanded money. She told police she handed the assailant $60 and walked away.

Todd told investigators that she suspected the man then noticed a John McCain sticker on her car, became angry and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground and telling her "you are going to be a Barack supporter," police said... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081024/ap_on_re_us/attack_mccain_sticker

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

She has some issues.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:09:20 AM »

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:07:36 AM »

Wow. Dishonest, racist, crazy as a loon and dumb as a rock. Just the sort of supporter I'd want. Lookingup

I especially like how she admits to lying, but just can't explain her motivation for this really badly conceived hoax. Bet the McCain campaign is thrilled to have this doofus trying to make herself a martyr to the cause. At least she realized, albeit too late, that she could be doing more harm than good.

Kind of reminds me of an episode of Smallville from a couple of years ago, only much more lame and incompetent.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »

Its not fair to blame any candidate for this stupidity.  She could have been an Elvis fan or something and it wouldn't chane the story much. She needs real help.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »

Whoa, that's definitely a cry for help from a seriously screwed up chick.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
raj

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

That definitely puts her in the Tawana Brawley category.

And cops have real crimes to deal with.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 10:12:13 PM »

Its not fair to blame any candidate for this stupidity.  She could have been an Elvis fan or something and it wouldn't chane the story much. She needs real help.
-Ed

Not suggesting it reflects on McCain at all, just that politicians must get really annoyed when some dumbass comes along and gives them the wrong kind of help. Although, I wouldn't go as far as to say that just any crazed fan would do something like this. She must have thought she was manufacturing the October surprise that would turn the tide of the election. And it's not surprising somebody who would come up with a crazy idea like that would mess it up so badly. I'd say "here's your sign" but she's already made her own.

---------------------
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »

I actually feel somewhat sorry for her. She really needs some competent help, both mental and physical. Because she's probably going to have some trace of that scar for the rest of her life. Thus, everytime she looks into a mirror, she's going to see what she did.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »

I think I'm in love. . ..

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 01:28:20 PM »

[Not suggesting it reflects on McCain at all, just that politicians must get really annoyed when some dumbass comes along and gives them the wrong kind of help. Although, I wouldn't go as far as to say that just any crazed fan would do something like this. She must have thought she was manufacturing the October surprise that would turn the tide of the election. And it's not surprising somebody who would come up with a crazy idea like that would mess it up so badly. I'd say "here's your sign" but she's already made her own.

I wasn't saying you were, but at the time it was implied by some folks on the TV, which is just wrong.  I'm not (wasn't?) a fan of that side of the ticket, but theres no call to assign some girl's  problems to any outside source. 

No matter what the outcome, I'm glad the dang election is done.  That was tiring. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 07:47:30 PM »

No matter what the outcome, I'm glad the dang election is done.  That was tiring. 

Yup, between the primaries and the race itself, that was something else. Still, I envy one thing about the American system, you know when it's over, and it doesn't happen again for four years.

In Canada, in spite of efforts to establish fixed election dates, our federal elections are still determined at the whim of the prime minister. Majority governments tend to go anywhere from three years (if they're popular and want to take advantage of it) to five years (if they suck and want to stay for the maximum allowed). However, we've had minority governments for the past four years. In those cases, it comes down to either the PM calling an election when he thinks he can solidify his power, or the opposition forcing an election by way of a confidence vote when they think they can win. For four years, it's been all about which will happen and when. Between that and party power struggles, Canada has spent the better part of this decade in a perpetual election campaign. It becomes even more about grabbing power and holding power than it usually is, and that's saying something. What a waste of effort and resources. We had an election a few weeks ahead of yours - a dirty, mud-slinging affair that nobody wanted and nobody cared about, that did not change much of anything. Same minority government as before. The only thing I can say for our system is that when the PM is trying to ambush the opposition with an election date, the actual campaign tends to be short.

I'm getting off topic, but the American vote has me more fed up with my own government than usual, particularly with our election and yours running around the same time. Exciting things are happening next door while it's the same old crap here at home.

---------------------
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 11:49:03 PM »

I actually feel somewhat sorry for her. She really needs some competent help, both mental and physical. Because she's probably going to have some trace of that scar for the rest of her life. Thus, everytime she looks into a mirror, she's going to see what she did.
Sad, ain't it?  I do too.  What a stupid mess.  "I actually feel somewhat sorry for her." Dumbass.  'Not sure if I mean you, or me... or her.   Bluesad

I think I'm in love. . ..
You sh!t...  BounceGiggle   BounceGiggle     BounceGiggle  can't stop laughin' 'bout that.   BounceGiggle I'm editin' and laffin'... ain't got much to laff at these days.   BounceGiggle  That's funny...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:53:06 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.