Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:40 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Incredible Hulk (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Incredible Hulk (2008)  (Read 4444 times)
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« on: October 25, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »

I just rented this on DVD, after enjoying it in the theater a while back.  Although this film got lost in the mania behind both Iron Man and The Dark Knight, I find The Incredible Hulk to be just as good as the other two, although on a different level.

This Hulk is not an incredibly deep film, but when you think about it, it really doesn't need to be.  The 2003 Hulk movie was an interesting concept, but they spent a little too much time trying to make it "deep" or "profound" in some way.  It just didn't work, in my opinion. 

The main mistake that so many people made before, when making a Hulk movie, or cartoon, or game, is that they made the story all about the military chasing Bruce Banner.  Everything else, villains and such, were secondary. 

So many things in film involve the military, that when it becomes the primary antagonist in a comic book movie, it seems old, stale, and cliched.  That, in the end, was what really hurt the 2003 Hulk movie (That and Nick Nolte). 

In this version though, they finally got it right, by bringing in a villain, in the form of Emil Blonsky/The Abomination, whose been a favorite nemesis of the Hulk in the comic books of the past. 

This version of The Hulk delivered all the action and excitement that I craved.  Again, it's not as well-crafted as Iron Man or The Dark Knight, but it gives its audience what it wants.  If you want an action-packed thrill ride, with a CG Hulk that is a MAJOR improvement over the 2003 version, definitely give this DVD a shot.   

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »

I think if this film had come out first instead of the 2003 AngLee version, it would have done a lot more business.  I really liked this one over the other.  Abomination looked a lot better than I thought he was going too. 

Rumor has it that the Hulk is going to be the villian in the Avengers movie when it comes out.  Now I can see if he's the reason the team is put together in the first place.  But I'd prefer if the final battle is against some version of the Masters of Evil.  I think once people are accepting that the Marvel movie Universe has all sorts of charaters in it, they can skip origin stories are start bringing in bigger villians

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

Another thing I'd like to add is that liked Liv Tyler as Betty.  Much less wooden than Jennifer Connoly.  Same with William Hurt's General Ross. 

And I agree with you on the villains...I think if they make another Hulk movie, I'd love to see him fight the U-Foes...it'd never happen, but I'd like it, because the U-Foes, Vector, Vapor, X-Ray, and Ironclad are like an evil version of the Fantastic Four.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »

I'd really like to see a movie with Grey Hulk and an appearance by Doc Samson.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »

I loved Incredible Hulk.  A big improvement over Ang Lee's, although I appreciated the effor of Lee's version.

I read the sequel to this won't be around until at least 2011.  They gotta start the script and all that, but they wanna focus on Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and the Avengers movie.

I figured Hulk would be on the Avengers team though.  The way Iron Man shows up at the end and says something about a team, I figured he'd be a member.  Plus it seemed that old Thunderbolt was done chasing him after the events of this movie.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:59:57 PM »

I have to agree that this film was pretty well done. It had lots of cool fight/action scenes and pretty good effects and a much better pace than the first film. I though "IRON-MAN" rocked about as good as it possibly could and "THE DARK NIGHT" was incredible. They're saying now that the Hulk will be fighting the 'Avengers' in their new movie so that aught to be really awesome. I also have to agree that if this film had come out first I'm sure it would have done way better and that a film with the 'Grey Hulk' would be very cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »

I think a battle between the Hulk an the Avengers early in the upcoming Avengers movie would be good . . . but I wouldn't want the Hulk vs. Avengers concept to be the centerpiece of the plot.  I'd rather see a battle within the first 20 minutes of the movie, resulting in the Hulk being captured and joining the Avengers for a battle against the true villain (Kang, or, as WingedSerpent mentioned, The Masters of Evil . . . or another top-notch villain . . . maybe even the Red Skull in a crossover story with the upcoming Captain America movie).  After all, the Hulk was one of the original Avengers and I'd like to see the movie preserve this piiece of history.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 10:23:33 PM »

I liked this movie a lot, and the cameo by Lou Ferregno was awesome!!!

Also the little IRON MAN connection at the end was quite good.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 06:19:13 AM »

*Possible spoiler*

Remember, that The Abomination is still alive too, and presumably in military custody.  I think it'd be interesting to see him break out of his prison at some point, and join forces with whoever the main villain's going to be.

Also, remember when Dr. Samuel Sterns was touched by that irradiated blood, and his head started to pulsate?  That's because in the comics, Sterns becomes the famed Hulk villain, The Leader.  So, it'll be cool to see if he shows up in his new form in The Avengers as well. 
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »

I liked the 2008 reboot of the Hulk but after buying the special edition DVD, I think that some of the deleted footage could have remained in the movie without really hurting it. There are a ton of great character moments in those deleted scenes.

But I don't feel that it's on the same level quality wise as Iron Man or especially The Dark Knight. But it is the movie that the 1st one should have been.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Incredible Hulk (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.