Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:20:11 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the meaning of your screen name? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: What's the meaning of your screen name?  (Read 305870 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:47 AM »

on howard stern show there is a guy named beetlejuice who is this insane midget who has gotten a whole career out of being beetlejuice from the stern show.  his real name is lester greene.  one time on the show he said he had three names:  lester greene lester greene jr and lester 1/2jr because he's a midget.  i thought it was brilliant
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

Naturally, I just can't let this go without a few harmless snipes...

Mine's just my initials
Robert
Andrew
Jacoby

And I always thought it was because you were a What's Happening closet fan. TongueOut

(if you actually get that...that is truly scary)

I did watch that show a few times when it came out, but don't remember anything about it except Rerun.  Then again, I've spent a lot of time trying to forget the 1970s.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 05:56:55 PM »

As everyone can see I'm a tad crazy (on a side note I have no record of mental instability but I am nuckin futs) so I used patient from the obvious mental patient, and I felt 7 just addaed in a good verbal effect and extended the size of it enough*.    My avatar is just a drawing I did with the paint function on my computer as a look at my darker side.  As for the signature, barbeque sauce is awesome, 'nuff said.

* Have at it Menard
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:07:29 PM by Patient7 » Logged

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »

mine is recently abbreviated from 'depressed crack addict', because

a) Im not depressed
b) Im not a crack addict

simple really... I should've noticed that ages ago.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »

Mines pretty self explanatory I named myself after a WW2 bomber. Dunno why it just seemed kinda catchy.

flackbait

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

A lot of people think it's an homage to Ash from the Evil Dead films but that's not correct.

For some reason I had always assumed it was an homage to Ash from AlienQuestion

... it took me a while to figure out it was just Fred backwards ... I started using the name because the d, e, r and f keys are all close together and were quick to type in ...

Which is exactly why I tend to use 'FRED' and derivations thereof for variable names when I write quick-and-dirty programs.  2nd most popular: 'ASDF'.

First initial, Last name. Nothing creative at all. . .

Could be worse; your name could be 'Brenda Utthead' (from Dilbert).   Wink

So what's the story behind your screen name?

Well, when I signed up on this forum I used one of my anonymous e-mail accounts, so to keep things straight I used the same name as the e-mail.  It simply refers to my favorite team, the Chicago Blackhawks.

As for my avatar, I wanted something original, unique and G-rated, so I went through all of the animated GIFs I had saved on my computer over the years and chose the one you see (after some slight modifications).  What can I say?  I like Snoopy.  And happiness is a dancing beagle.

I always guessed it was a sports team you named yourself after, but I woulda never guesed the blackhawks! So how's your record against Detriot?
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2008, 03:02:00 AM »

It simply refers to my favorite team, the Chicago Blackhawks.

I always guessed it was a sports team you named yourself after, but I woulda never guesed the blackhawks!

What other team could it have possibly been?   Question Question Question  I mean, everyone knows "Hawks" = "Chicago Blackhawks".

So how's your record against Detriot?

Well, we've only played one game against the Red Wings so far this season.  In that 498th meeting between these two Original Six teams we fell in the shoot-out after skating to a 5-5 tie, which still gives us 1 point.  Last season we were 5-3 against them.  So to answer your question, I'd say pretty good.

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »

I always guessed it was a sports team you named yourself after, but I woulda never guesed the blackhawks!

What other team could it have possibly been?   Question Question Question  I mean, everyone knows "Hawks" = "Chicago Blackhawks".

For some reason I always assumed it was for the University of Kansas Jayhawks.  I prefer to still believe that. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »

For some reason I always assumed it was for the University of Kansas Jayhawks.  I prefer to still believe that. 

Or the Seattle Seahawks?

flackbait

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 06:06:40 AM »

So how's your record against Detriot?

Well, we've only played one game against the Red Wings so far this season.  In that 498th meeting between these two Original Six teams we fell in the shoot-out after skating to a 5-5 tie, which still gives us 1 point.  Last season we were 5-3 against them.  So to answer your question, I'd say pretty good.

Actually the Blackhawks never crossed my mind because 90% of Americans don't really think about hockey except for playoffs, I happen to be in the 10% bracket and it still didn't cross my mind.

Sorry about that, I forgot that the Blackhawks were kinda of the Wings kyptonite last year. On the other hand karma for being a fan of the original six.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »

Hammock Riding is one of my favorite summer time activities. I just chill with a good beer and a good book, although with portable DVD players I may spend a good part of this summer catching up on the ouevre of Messers. Segal and Norris. Plus there are plenty of Shaolin based movies I need to see.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
the master
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 02:50:16 PM »

mine is self explanatory
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2008, 04:22:15 AM »

Well,

F is for Fulci, Lucio
R is for Raimi, Sam
A is for Argento, Dario
N is for N?***cough,hrrrrmpf***?
K is for Kurtzman, Robert

There you go...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2008, 12:29:33 AM »

I got me screen name for a Anime called "Gungrave". Since I'm a a huge zombie movie fan it seemed appropriate  Smile

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2008, 09:17:59 AM »

I got me screen name for a Anime called "Gungrave". Since I'm a a huge zombie movie fan it seemed appropriate  Smile

Gungrave rocks!  Thumbup I really dug the computer games too  Smile

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the meaning of your screen name? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.