Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:35 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the meaning of your screen name? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: What's the meaning of your screen name?  (Read 305819 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »

A freudian slip.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »

Mine is my real first name. Besides,at all the other message boards I've gone to I was known as beatles4ever and I wanted to be different.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2014, 12:45:08 AM »

My name is Trevor, the avatar pic is of me at film school in 2011 and I guess my folks liked the name. My middle name is Thomas, after my Dad. Smile
Wait...exactly what are your full initials, my lad?

TTM: T for Trevor, T for Thomas and M for Moses, my surname.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »

This question dates from 2008, and I have yet to answer it. Darn! There must be something wrong with me. BoyScoutKevin or BSK to abbreviate it is a character from "Lair of the White Worm," and one of my favorite big screen characters, as it is a character for which I have alot of empathy. You can watch the character called Kevin (played by Chris Pitt) on youtube or you can read about the character at the film review on this website.
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2014, 08:48:31 AM »

Doesn't really have any meaning to be honest.
As a kid I was a huge Dragon Ball (Z) - fan and I was known as Masenko on the internet, which later became simply MsK. I'm still a fan, but I wanted to change the name to something else and messedup pretty much described my life back then.
Now my life is in order, but I still kept the name.

Flangepart

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »

My name is Trevor, the avatar pic is of me at film school in 2011 and I guess my folks liked the name. My middle name is Thomas, after my Dad. Smile
Wait...exactly what are your full initials, my lad?

TTM: T for Trevor, T for Thomas and M for Moses, my surname.  Smile
Start your own production company, and make retro 70's sitcoms!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 07:09:34 PM »

Mine is my first and middle initials, and my last name. Couldn't think of a snappy username for DeviantART when I got up the courage to register, so I used cqmorrell (that being my email address name), and now I use it everywhere.  Smile
Archivist

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:11 PM »

While I'm not a professional archivist, much of my interests revolve around the documentation and preservation of my life and those important to me, so my screen name reflects my outlook on life.  My books, CD's and DVD's are being catalogued; I've kept reasonably detailed journals for a large percentage of my life; I use photography to document the things I do and places I visit, and often tape live concerts and gigs for later enjoyment. 

Friends ask for advice on how to categorize and store their documents and belongings, and my family knows that if they need to know what happened in any given year, I can tell them.  For the last few years, I've made a note of every time I've watched a movie, as well as the date, location, and company kept if applicable.  And I'm in the process of compiling a list of every single movie and TV show I've ever watched, organized by year.  Earlier years are limited to the movies that were released at those times, but it's still a lot of fun to dig through and work out when I saw everything.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2014, 01:49:13 AM »

While I'm not a professional archivist, much of my interests revolve around the documentation and preservation of my life and those important to me, so my screen name reflects my outlook on life.  My books, CD's and DVD's are being catalogued; I've kept reasonably detailed journals for a large percentage of my life; I use photography to document the things I do and places I visit, and often tape live concerts and gigs for later enjoyment. 

Friends ask for advice on how to categorize and store their documents and belongings, and my family knows that if they need to know what happened in any given year, I can tell them.  For the last few years, I've made a note of every time I've watched a movie, as well as the date, location, and company kept if applicable.  And I'm in the process of compiling a list of every single movie and TV show I've ever watched, organized by year.  Earlier years are limited to the movies that were released at those times, but it's still a lot of fun to dig through and work out when I saw everything.

That's really cool, have you ever considered servers being a more practical way of preserving music and film though? I wish I had more of a drive to do a journal - I have started maybe 3 times in my life but it never stayed consistent. This year I have been tracking films but not TV, and I have started to compile a lifetime list on imdb. Could you post some of your collections?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:36 AM »

While I'm not a professional archivist

I am.  TeddyR Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Archivist

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2014, 02:36:18 AM »

That's really cool, have you ever considered servers being a more practical way of preserving music and film though? I wish I had more of a drive to do a journal - I have started maybe 3 times in my life but it never stayed consistent. This year I have been tracking films but not TV, and I have started to compile a lifetime list on imdb. Could you post some of your collections?

I've ripped all of my CD's to flac and am hunting for a good program that will do clean, simple disc images for my DVD collection.  Everything digital I have is backed up over multiple harddrives, stored in different physical locations.  Every two or three years, I buy larger and faster harddrives, copy everything across, and then leave the old ones as backups.

I've been writing journals for most of my life.  Even my diaries from 5-8 detailed the movies and TV shows I watched!  Some years I write more, other years, less.  It depends on what is happening and how much time I have to journal.  About ten years ago I began to keep my journals in digital form, which has made writing and storage so much easier, but I still like physical journaling as I can sketch or use nonstandard writing formats. 

Really, you don't 'have to' write something every day, or even every week, but it can be really enjoyable and useful to write things that you want to remember; things that excite or thrill you; things that have made you think or feel, or want to express thoughts that no one but you should read.  Other times, I copy my emails and forum posts into a document, which then becomes a journal by proxy.  Just keep everything in the same place so you can find it later.  Trust me on that!

Before I stop derailing this thread, I want to suggest a great book about journaling called 'The New Diary' by Tristine Rainer.  It's a truly marvelous book which will give you so many ideas for what to write in a journal, including creating dialogues with yourself, writing letters that you never send (and you are therefore free to say exactly what you want), examining and analyzing your dreams, and loads more.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:51 AM »

Thanks for the recommendation, also flac is a great format - I usually get it included when I buy a vinyl or CD. You should read up about Handbrake for ripping videos, I have come into a problem with multiple drives do you split them up into alphabetic subdirectories or have some kind of combined virtual directory thing going on, I need to look into doing that because it is getting tricky to split them up into sections now.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2014, 01:13:08 PM »

I wish I had the time to archive everything. I've tried before but I find life makes it impossible. I have a huge movie collection but I couldn't tell you every movie I own to this day as I still have yet to complete a full list of it every time I try...inevitably I get sidetracked by other stuff going on in my life...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Archivist

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »

I wish I had the time to archive everything. I've tried before but I find life makes it impossible. I have a huge movie collection but I couldn't tell you every movie I own to this day as I still have yet to complete a full list of it every time I try...inevitably I get sidetracked by other stuff going on in my life...

A bit here, and a bit there.  It all helps.  Enter a small pile of movies every so often and you'll be through the lot faster than you think.  I did this when ripping my CD collection and was done in under three weeks.  The trick is having everything physically in one place, so you can gradually work through from one end to the other.  And if you start a list, keep adding to it, don't start another one.

I'm currently looking at some specialized book, music and movie software packages that automatically retrieve information from IMDB and other databases when you insert a DVD or scan a barcode.  For older books with no barcodes, you can use the ISBN number to retrieve information.  Once you enter the book or DVD or CD, an entry is created with all the details from relevant databases on the internet, so you don't even have to type anything more.  These programs will even download cover art and book covers for your database!

As for how to organize folders over multiple drives: my CD collection is organized alphabetically by artist, and stored on 4TB harddrives.  My CD collection is reasonably large but certainly not enough to spill over 4TB!  I tend to keep topics and types of files separate, so photographs and video files go in one set of drives, ripped music in another, camera raw files in another drive, etc.  When I begin the Great DVD Backup Project, I plan to group everything alphabetically, by title, just to make things easy to find.

Archivist

« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »

While I'm not a professional archivist

I am.  TeddyR Thumbup

You da man!   TeddyR Cheers

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the meaning of your screen name? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.