Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:48:16 AM
714324 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Like The Song, Dislike The Band/Singer « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Like The Song, Dislike The Band/Singer  (Read 7887 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 25, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »

Well we've trashed some of our least favorite bands in other threads, why not give them a little positive attention.  Are there bands/singers out there you generally don't care for but they have a song(s) you like?  Here are a few one of mine;
Nirvana - Silver
Small | Large

Bon Jovi  - Let It Rock
Small | Large

Creed - Weathered
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:47:50 AM »

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:17:45 AM »

Juliana Hatfield-- she has a few songs i like; but she's so darn prissy it makes me grind my teeth

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 12:27:50 PM »

Alice Cooper - The Saga of Jesse Jane

Sample

Not much into hard rock, so this country novelty song about a transvestite trucker is the only thing I've ever heard of his that I like.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:00:04 PM »

I like "Running Up That Hill" but I'm not that keen on Kate Bush.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:00:35 PM »

Whatever You Like by T.I.
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »

as a big Nirvana fan, I don't see how Sliver is any better than most of their other songs---kind of typical Nirvana track IMO I'm suprised if you like that one you don't like their others, fair enough tho'...

Juliana Hatfield-- she has a few songs i like; but she's so darn prissy it makes me grind my teeth

lol

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »

as a big Nirvana fan, I don't see how Sliver is any better than most of their other songs---kind of typical Nirvana track IMO I'm suprised if you like that one you don't like their others, fair enough tho'...
I think its the chorus I like but I know what you're saying. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 08:27:45 PM »

SexyBack by Justin Timberlake
Small | Large

How the hell they call him the next Michael Jackson or something is weird.  One good song, and suddenly he's the new 'king of pop'?

MMMBop by Hanson
Small | Large

Yeah, I liked the song.  Still do.  And, I do give Hanson credit for being possibly the only 'boyband' to actually write their own songs AND perform the instruments.  But I still won't pay them any attention outside of this song.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BTM

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 07:18:02 AM »

There are several songs by Manson I like, but his whole, "Look at me, I'm so dark!!!  I wear women's clothes and hate Christianity!  I'm so dark!  I'm goth!  Look at me!  I stole my act from Alice Cooper!" shtick gets old fast.  I mean, Rob Zombie also does the horror theme with his music, but he still comes across as a regular guy in interview, not some pretentious goth a***ole.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »

Scream, Aim, Fire by Bullet For My Valentine

Small | Large

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »

I love the music of U2 but am disgusted with Bono and company.

Mr. "Save the World" should take a little of his idealism and good-will home. After recent changes in Irish tax laws would have made U2 and other artists who collect royalties pay about a tenth of their fees to Dublin in taxes---taxes the Republic desperately needs---Bono re-located his management company to the Netherlands in order to take advantage of tax shelters there that amounted to a savings of half off the total he as an Irish citizen would have been required to pay domestically.

Saving Africa is a noble cause, but you know what they say about charity beginning at home.

Still, I do love U2's music.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »

I'll get the cheesiest one out of the way first.

"Down Incognito" by Winger. Long forgotten, last gasp song by the corniest of the hair bands. Yet, dammit, I like the song.

I'm about 50/50 on the Black Crowes music. Tend to hate the bigger hits and the over played stuff. Don't get me started on that awful cover of "Hard to Handle". But the stuff of theirs I love just grows on me as time goes on: "Goody Friday", "Twice as Hard", "Gone", "High Hat Blues", even some of the stuff on the new album. But Chris Robinson has always come off as a smug jerk who needs multiple ass-kickings to bring him back down to planet Earth.

"I am the Bull God" is cool, Kid Rock is not. Thought he was an annoying trashy thug wannabe when I first saw him speak on Politically Incorrect, and his non-musical life since has made me tired of him as well. I wish there was a media blackout on anything involving him, Pamela Anderson, and Tommy Lee except for their eventual obituaries. I liked "All Summer Long" when I first heard it on the radio, but like I told my then girlfriend when we were listening to the song during the summer, "I like this song but I know I'll be sick of it before the the end of summer." I was right. Oh yeah, "Picture" isn't too bad either but I like the version with Allison Moorer better than the Sheryl Crow tune.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 06:03:59 AM »

I'll get the cheesiest one out of the way first.

"Down Incognito" by Winger. Long forgotten, last gasp song by the corniest of the hair bands. Yet, dammit, I like the song.

Yay! I love Winger, that's a good song from probably their best and least cheesiest album "Pull"  Smile

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »

Normally KISS don't really appeal to me but "Crazy, Crazy Night" is a fine rock song. I also think that "Twenty First Century Boy" is the only good song Sigue Sigue Sputnik ever recorded.

Small | Large

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Like The Song, Dislike The Band/Singer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.