Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:27 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is Battlefield Earth a must see? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Is Battlefield Earth a must see?  (Read 20077 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »

Thank you for the encouragement, Rev. Powell. I'm glad that you understood where I was coming from. The official plural of SubGenius is "SubGenii," although both plurals are used in our "holy books" (there are three). Anything a SubGenius priest says at anytime immediately becomes part of official orthodox church dogma. The closest thing we've actually had to a SubGenius defrocking was David Byrne from the Talking Heads.

Years ago, I declared the official plural to be "Subgeniuses".  It's been part of official church dogma since. "Subgenii" is the usage of the infidel heretic schismatics.  No offense.   Wink

You don't know about the defrocking process because you haven't penetrated far enough into the cult yet.  I have penetrated so far that I only needed to read the first book; "Bob" himself gave me a store credit for the other two, on the condition I never redeem it.

About defrocking: it may not be worth it.  The paperwork is awful, and the welts last a lifetime.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2008, 06:49:14 PM »

I made my own paperwork, and "Bob" completed that. I retroactively declare your doctrine as apocrypha.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »

The Amish have been known to seperate on a difference of opinion on hat or button color or the shape of a wagon's wheels.

Yep, some Mennonite groups I know can be distinguished by black hats or straw hats, steel-clad or rubber-faced wagon wheels, and little things like that. I can remember friends referring to people as "Black Hats."

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:05 PM »

Man, the Amish are cool. "I never wear buttons, but I got a cool hat and my homies agree that I really look good in black; fool..." And they are one of the few groups that actually "turn the other cheek." I think it's cool that their clergy recieve no formal training and are elected by lot. They elect the bishop out of the preachers, and he heads the community. Some groups will allow one telephone in the middle of the community that is for emergencies only. There was one case in which a farmer was too old and had a bad back and couldn't till his lands. Since he had no sons to till the lands for him, the bishop ordered him to get a tractor or something. Some do what they can so they can get medical treatment with minimal hassle and mortality rates. My cousin likes the Amish because they'll treat bullet wounds without informing the police.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »

My cousin likes the Amish because they'll treat bullet wounds without informing the police.

I take it your cousin is a mugger?

Man, are we off topic...  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »

Hmmm, "my friend" had trouble copying the DVD onto VHS, they gave up after three tries. They said the picture kept shaking and colours faded in and out to black and white; anyone know anybody who had this same problem?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »

No, he's a Scientologist (now we're almost back on topic!). Seriously, though, he's into some "questionable" self indulgences that get him shot at.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 02:57:12 PM »

Hmmm, "my friend" had trouble copying the DVD onto VHS, they gave up after three tries. They said the picture kept shaking and colours faded in and out to black and white; anyone know anybody who had this same problem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrovision

Sounds like Macrovision, read in the 'Analog Copy Prevention' section.

Keep in mind that 'your friend' was trying to do something that is illegal in some countries and looked at as unethical my many. I am all for people supporting the artists, if you watch an illegal copy of something and like it, do buy a legit copy.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »

While we're on the subject...I have something to confess. I'm a pagan. First of all, I'm not some kid looking for attention (though I have to admit, many of those do join up,  they usually quit when they realize it doesent make them popular or give them special powers). I had been struggling with my faith for a while, and after reading about it for years decided paganism was the right path for me. I dont have anything against Christianity (I was raised Lutheran, and still attend church on occasion, when my family wants me to), its just that I never felt connected to it. I always hated prosteletyzing, and the idea that anyone who didnt believe exactly what the church believed was going to burn in hell. Whatever feels right is what you should go with, whether its Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, even the Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster, its all good. That said, what I hear about Scientology kind of makes me nervous. 

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 11:29:10 PM »

Pagan? Can you be more specific? Wicca? Hindu? Odinist, maybe? Pagan is a broad catagory.

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 11:51:21 PM »

Pagan? Can you be more specific? Wicca? Hindu? Odinist, maybe? Pagan is a broad catagory.

Closer to Wicca, but I'm kind of non-denominational. The circle I'm part of meets at a Unitarian church, and we include anyone from Wiccan/Druid/Hindu/Asatru/Native American  paths, even Christians and Athiests have attended. The rituals are mainly Wiccan, though, with the Lord and Lady (male and female aspects of divinity) being the main focus.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 12:03:17 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrovision

Sounds like Macrovision, read in the 'Analog Copy Prevention' section.

Keep in mind that 'your friend' was trying to do something that is illegal in some countries and looked at as unethical my many. I am all for people supporting the artists, if you watch an illegal copy of something and like it, do buy a legit copy.

My friend says he supports everyone but Axek Rose and John Travolta.

Anyone notice how Jason X had way better production values, CGI, and Spfx; yet cost only one-third of Battle Earth? Ontop of that, the Jason X people knew they were making a sort of comedy.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

I know some "Christian Wiccans." Quite interesting group.

the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »

Horror films nowadays (especially 'slasher' flicks featuring old school characters) either have an action comedy feel or (in the case of most everything else) aren't made for repeat viewings.

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »

Closer to Wicca, but I'm kind of non-denominational. The circle I'm part of meets at a Unitarian church, and we include anyone from Wiccan/Druid/Hindu/Asatru/Native American  paths, even Christians and Athiests have attended. The rituals are mainly Wiccan, though, with the Lord and Lady (male and female aspects of divinity) being the main focus.

You should be Asatru cos then you believe Thor made those craters in Scandinavia with his hammer!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Is Battlefield Earth a must see? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.