Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:20 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Does anyone know when these movies may be re-released or where to check??? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Does anyone know when these movies may be re-released or where to check???  (Read 15406 times)
Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« on: October 28, 2008, 11:32:11 AM »

All on DVD, any NTSC

I am looking for Night of the Creeps, Cellar Dweller, Fright Night 2, Nekromantic, Monstershark(Dutch, i think) um... I'll add more later, having a memory problem.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:55:56 AM by Rumblestealskins » Logged
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »

"Cellar Dweller" is one of Charles Band's Empire Pictures films.  A lot of those are low budget, but a lot of fun, and quite overdue for a DVD release. 

"Nekromantic" had a DVD release and is now out of print.  Since it is a cult film, I would expect that it will be rereleased once the rights holders decide that the demand is high enough to make another release a good moneymaker.  Ditto "Fright Night Part 2."

Rumors about a "Night of the Creeps" DVD have been around for a little while.  Lots of people have asked for it on DVD.

"Devilfish" (Monster Shark) I think was Italian.  No word on that one.  It's a really bad monster film, so the hope is that some company who releases a lot of the low-budget bad creature films, like Media Blasters, picks it up for release.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »

Thanks! I am a huge Charlie Band fan, him and his brothers. I really hope these get (re-)released soon.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:25:55 AM »

"Fright Night II" had a DVD release and has since gone out of print. For some reason, it is now a very hard to find title, and copies of it are going for extremely exorbitant prices online.

"Monster Shark" has never been released on Region 1 DVD, but you can probably order a Region 2 disc from overseas (you of course will need a region free player to utilize the disc). (And yes Andrew it is an Italian film, by Lamberto Bava, who is probably best known for the "Demoni" trilogy.)

"Cellar Dweller" had a short-lived run on VHS and has yet to be released on DVD.

These are all films that NEED to be out on DVD (or Blu-Ray) along with dozens of other forgotten films.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:17:18 AM »

Huh, I could have swore Night of the Creeps was released on DVD not long ago, but now I just looked and apparently I was imaginging things.  Maybe I was thinking of Night of the Comet. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:48:32 PM »

What irks me about "Night of the Creeps" not being available is that it was shown on Monsters HD not too long ago. Usually, when a movie ends up on there, its DVD release can't be too far behind. Who has the rights, and why are they sitting on them?!

-----
The Vault Master
-----
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »

i bought a dvd copy of night of the creeps off of ebay. i thought it was an origenal but it wasnt. but check this out: the quality was perfect! it had two versions, a cable tv version and an uncut version. the only difference between these is the ending. i think it came from the united kingdom. check out ebay, sometimes you find things on dvd that arent supposed to be on dvd. who cares, as long as they play fine.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »

"Fright Night II" had a DVD release and has since gone out of print. For some reason, it is now a very hard to find title, and copies of it are going for extremely exorbitant prices online.

Really?  How much?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »

Really?  How much?

Just seen one on Ebay for about $180!

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 03:16:44 AM »

Copies from third party sellers at Amazon start off at almost fifty bucks. The most expensive on Amazon is nearly $130.00! This is mainly because the film was put out on DVD by the now defunct Artisan Entertainment label and has yet to come out.

In regards to having "Night of the Creeps," I have a DVD-R that has both versions of the film (though the quality is "meh"). I'm surprised it didn't get released after "Slither" came out.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »

I did't realize, there was such NIght of the Creeps fans, makes me want to cry blood. NO but seriously, how can we lobby for a DVD's release? Is it possible?  Thank all, for your valued input.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »

Find out who owns the rights and send them a letter via snail mail (or e-mail) on a frequent basis; then get others to do it. You can also start an online petition but they are only successful (actually, has there ever been a successful one?) when you have signatures in the hundreds of thousands.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »

I'm dying for Cellar Dweller on DVD but John Carl Beuchler, when asked by fans, said that he has no idea who owns the rights to the film. I hear there's also an old comic book version of this film  Question

Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 10:28:05 AM »

Yep, correct on the comic, and also Amazon has an EXCLUSIVE book on it. So we may be in for a re-release, sometime soon?
Captain Spunky
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »

Night Of The Creeps is available.  I'm guessing this company is legit.

http://www.raredvdclassics.com/nightofthecreepsdvd.html

They also have Legend Of Billie Jean.  I love that movie!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Does anyone know when these movies may be re-released or where to check??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.