Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:50 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A Movie about the Boogeyman from Disney? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Movie about the Boogeyman from Disney?  (Read 35742 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: October 28, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »

Here we go again.  Since it is the month of October(Fitting the movie's theme from what I can remember) and this movie has popped back into my head, I would like some help on this one.  I was a kid I first saw this movie.  Never saw from beginning to end, I just kind of entered the film about like 10 maybe 20 minutes in and I missed the ending to it.

Here's everything I can recall in parts:
+ There's this purplish monster who I think the main characters referred to has the bogeyman.  He is also very vain and constantly looks at himself in a mirror that he carries around.
+ The mirror seems to have some kind of power from what I can tell.  Because after the bogeyman shows it to some kid, the kid starts acting all weird and seems to be turning into some thing.
+ One of the kids in the film seems to have some kind of strange powers.  He can go through mirrors and come out of kitchen pots.
+ At one point, one of the three kids in the movie, the little brother of the sister in the film, is kidnapped I believe.  Before he is kidnapped, smoke comes out from underneath his bed and that's where I believe the bogeyman came out of.
+ The girl in the film makes some kind of purple goo that is suppose to be either repellent against the bogeyman or more of a lure for him.
+  The bogeyman also was on top of the roof of the kids' house at one point.
+ As the title of this topic says, this film was made by Disney for the Disney Channel last I recall.

That's all I can recall from this film.  Maybe you seen it or maybe you haven't.  If you haven't, I wouldn't be surprised.  The target audience of course was for kids, which I was when I first saw this flick.

I also have another mystery on my hand that I need solving desperately.  However, it is a mystery involving a TV show that I cannot remember.  I love to post a topic on it, but I'm not sure if I can since it isn't a movie.  Can I do it?  Question

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:03:20 PM »

I was going to say "Mr. Boogedy" but your description doesn't sound like it.  Here's the IMDB link anyway.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091566/

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »

It could be the sequel to Mr. Boogedy, the Bride of Boogedy

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »

Nope, it is neither of those films.  The TV movie had better film quality and I remembered three other things about the film.  I believe the girl goes after her younger brother under the bed after he is kidnapped, the kid who is changing into some kind of monster is first shown the mirror on the roof of the house, and the younger brother was kidnapped because he had some of the purple goo on him.  That pretty much everything I can remember right now, I'll say something else if I can come up with anything else.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lovelyjulie
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 06:16:19 PM »

The only one I found was this.  But it was in 1999.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208101/
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

The only one I found was this.  But it was in 1999.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208101/

Hey!  That's the one!!  Hooray!  The mystery has been solved and I am happy.  It was kind of tricky to figure out wasn't it?  Anyways, that's it for me for now.  Thank you nonmember!

lovelyjulie
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 03:33:54 AM »

No problem:)
Leanne Terri Rathbone
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »

I know the film, im currently trying to track it down myself, the boogeyman only occurs when the girl in the film stops believing in her immaginary friend, he then turns into the boogeyman.

I also remember there loads of potdolls in her room, and he brother gets took through the purple smoke under the girls bed as a boogeyman captive.

Il send you the details of anything i find x
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »

I know the film, im currently trying to track it down myself, the boogeyman only occurs when the girl in the film stops believing in her immaginary friend, he then turns into the boogeyman.

I also remember there loads of potdolls in her room, and he brother gets took through the purple smoke under the girls bed as a boogeyman captive.

Il send you the details of anything i find x

It's been solved already, the movie he was looking for was "Don't Look Under the Bed," a 1999 made-for-TV movie.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Johnnyjohnjohn
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »

Don't Look under the bed
Cassidy
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 10:23:40 PM »

oh i love this movie.  the movie is called Don't Look Under The Bed.  Thumbup
Madison
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 10:17:19 AM »

does anyone know where i could get "Don't Look Under the Bed" to watch?

......not on netflix by the way. I am clueless where to find it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A Movie about the Boogeyman from Disney? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.