Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:37:51 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the most terrible thing you've ever done? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What's the most terrible thing you've ever done?  (Read 18422 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »

Once, I got so drunk I blew chunks.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »

I have a very close friend who told the second guy she slept with that he was really the first.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 11:20:17 PM »

Since we're airing our dirty laundry...

There is one other thing I did.

In early winter of 1994, I stayed with my friend Shelly and her husband for about two weeks in their small, cramped two bedroom trailer.  On top of that, our friends Ryan & Charlene were staying there, too.
Shelly and her husband Bill took one bedroom.  Ryan & Char took the other.  And I slept on the couch.
Adding to this was a big male golden retriever (I forget its name) and a skinny female brindle colored cat named Wicca. (after the Wiccan religion)  Shelly was/is a Wiccan.

Needless to say, it was cramped with all of us there.  I worked, so I was gone a lot and stayed out of their hair.

One night, Shelly granted me permission to do a load of laundry.  But on the condition that I put the wet towels in the dryer and then fold them after.
I started laundry after everyone went to bed.  Around 11 at night.

The washer and dryer were in the bathroom.  Directly across from them was the bathtub/shower.  There was an area under and on the sides of the tub that were enclosed, but hollow and exposed.  The cat liked to go in there all the time.  Oftentimes you'd be in the bathroom and not know it was there.  Then it would dart out from under there, right past your legs, scaring the crap out of you.
The cat would get under there and creep up to the edge and stare out at you.  It was narrow enough that it could get in there and you could see it looking at you, but you couldn't reach in and grab it.

As I was preparing my laundry, I heard a noise behind me.  I looked into the hollow area and the cat was there, looking at me. 
I shooed it out of there and back into the living room.

Shelly had loaded the washer with too many towels.  Big gigantic, heavy beach towels.
To get them out, you had to bend over the washer and reach all the way down into it to pull them out.  They'd come out in big, wet heavy clumps.
Then I'd raise up, lean over and throw them in the dryer, which stood to the right of the washer.
I threw them all in, turned on the dryer then shut the lights off and went to bed.
As I was lying on the couch in the dark in my sleeping bag, I heard the washer and dryer making thumping noises.  Shelly had mentioned that they sometimes did that and that I should just ignore it.  So I did and went to sleep.

The next morning, I awoke to find that Shelly had already left for work.
I went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for work.  I needed a clean towel so I went to the dryer and opened it.
I started pulling out towels and saw these dark brown stains on them.  I remember saying out loud, "What the hell is this?" as I pulled them out.
I pulled out some more and when I did, I saw it.

The cat was in the dryer, deader than a doornail.

It looked like it was asleep in the fetal position.  But it wasn't asleep.  It was dead.
Its mouth had sneered up so its top fangs were exposed.  The mouth had frozen in that position.  All the hair was burnt off its ears and they were translucent.  They looked like plastic.  You could partially see through them.

Apparently, the cat had come back into the bathroom after I shooed it out, and, when I wasn't looking, leaped silently into the dryer.  I unknowingly threw heavy, wet towels on top of it.  It didn't make any noise or movement.  If I had known it was in there, I would've gotten it out immediately.  Besides, I love cats and would never harm one.

I about s**t my own pants and ran to Ryan & Char's room, opened their door and woke them up by yelling, "Ryan.  Char.  Get up!  I accidentally dried the cat in the dryer!"  (I should've knocked because they were both naked with the covers half off of them  Buggedout)
They both burst out of bed and came to look.  Char immidiately started crying and Ryan was like, "Dude, that's f***ed up.  I heard that thumping last night but thought you had shoes in the dryer"
I was wondering what I should do, so I woke up Bill and showed the cat to him and explained what happened.
He was cool with it and didn't seem mad.  He understood it was an accident.
I handed him a big black garbage bag and he scooped the cat out into it, tied it shut and placed it on the front porch.

I had to explain to Shelly what happened and hoped that she would understand.  But she was at work and wouldn't be back until later.  Bill said he would explain it to her but that it might be a good idea to write some kind of written apology.  So I took a red marker and wrote in big letters on the large dry erase board in the kitchen:

SHELLY 
I'M SORRY I DRIED YOUR CAT IN THE DRYER
PLEASE BELIEVE THAT I DID NOT MEAN FOR IT TO HAPPEN
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT
PLEASE FORGIVE ME
I'LL TALK TO YOU WHEN I GET HOME
JAMEY

Let me tell you, I was nervous as hell when I pulled up to the trailer after work.
I went inside and Shelly was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for me.  She was upset that her cat had died, but understood that I would never do anything like that on purpose.  She knew how much I liked cats and she forgave me immediately.

So yes, I have accidentally dried someone's cat in the dryer.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:33:12 PM by Ash » Logged
akiratubo

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »

I took a girl out to dinner after work.  My fiancee was waiting at home for me to take her to the emergency room because she couldn't breathe.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 05:26:31 AM »

Dear me, there's alot of terrible, terrible things I have done, that play on my mind all the time. I don't really want to mention certain things, as they would require ALOT of explaining, backstory and the whole "if you'd been in that situation" type of stuff.

One thing that has come to mind, was when I kicked my mom in the back after she had an operation to correct a slipped disc. I think I was about 9 or 10 and she was calling me names for some reason, so I booted her and ran away. Sorry about that mom   Bluesad

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 07:00:24 AM »

I've done a few bad things in my day, but nothing on the level that some of you have.

I used to and to an extent still illegally download software, games, music, etc.  Not as much as I did in the past but I still do to some extent.

I used to steal money from my mother and grandmother for a while.  When my parents were out of the house, or they were sleeping I get into my mother purse and take handfuls of cash from it.  She kept her $20s separate from the rest of her money so I would go right for that.  I only did it for a few months and just use the money when I needed to then that was it.  I ended up getting my PlayStation, and handful of games that way.  After a while I didn't steal from her anymore, she always though I may have taken the cash but I always told her I didn't.

A few years ago at my first job there was this female who worked in the department next to me who was about 2 or 3 years older than me.  She ended up liking me a lot and we went out to lunch once for a quick date, but I turned her down and made up an excuse and said that she wasn't my type right to her face.  That's wasn't quite the full truth though.  She was a nice person but she was really overweight and at the time I was still in High School and some of the people I worked with went to school with me so I was afraid of them spreading rumors about me since people loved to do that to me back then.  I never told her the real reason but that's was it.  I was just afraid of getting rumors spread about it

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »

I've done many silly but nasty things in the past when I've lost my temper. Profanely insulted people, broken things etc. I'm much more chilled out these days.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »

A few years ago at my first job there was this female who worked in the department next to me who was about 2 or 3 years older than me.  She ended up liking me a lot and we went out to lunch once for a quick date, but I turned her down and made up an excuse and said that she wasn't my type right to her face.  That's wasn't quite the full truth though.  She was a nice person but she was really overweight and at the time I was still in High School and some of the people I worked with went to school with me so I was afraid of them spreading rumors about me since people loved to do that to me back then.  I never told her the real reason but that's was it.  I was just afraid of getting rumors spread about it

When will people learn? Frank Zappa said it best: the bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'! And I can say that, cuz I'm overweight, my wife is overweight, and my on-again off-again extracurricular girlfriend is overweight. The best part of life is learning that the only thing that matters is what you think about yourself and everybody else can go get friendly with an inanimate carbon rod.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 11:01:23 AM »

When will people learn? Frank Zappa said it best: the bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'! And I can say that, cuz I'm overweight, my wife is overweight, and my on-again off-again extracurricular girlfriend is overweight. The best part of life is learning that the only thing that matters is what you think about yourself and everybody else can go get friendly with an inanimate carbon rod.  TeddyR

Well I was stupid and in High School, so I don't think that way any more.  My 2 month gf that I dated in college was a bit overweight, and the last two dates I went on were with people who were overweight a bit, so I don't have a problem with it now.  It was just I didn't like getting made jokes cracked at in High School about who I liked because I was notorious because I was know for being flippant in who I like.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »

This is going to sound strange, but in high school, when I was a borderline anorexic (had to keep a tennis weight, had a certain arrogance to me, competition with someone, long story) I sometimes honestly envied overweight girls both for the fact that in the lives they lived they could be overweight, and for the fact that their minds would let them be that way, whereas I would have had a breakdown if I felt I was fat. I was weight obsessed to the point of it being something akin to a mild mental illness. There was one stretch when I was fourteen where I ate nothing for four days and then still went out and played a three-set two-hour tennis match, which I pretty much did every weekend. The body image forced on young girls really is a destructive thing.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »

The fat kid from The Goonies?! Damn, that is pretty terrible... Buggedout

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »

HAHAH!  BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle TeddyR Oh that is so funny! I can't stop laughing!

Karma Anubis

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »

@Ash  Buggedout Bluesad crazy story man. my family has lost at least 3 cats to people driving over them and not one has stopped to apologize (all were killed right outside the front gate so it sould be pretty obvious who's cat they'd just run over because the house is pretty isolated). at least you owned up about it lol

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 03:02:03 PM »

@Ash  Buggedout Bluesad crazy story man. my family has lost at least 3 cats to people driving over them and not one has stopped to apologize (all were killed right outside the front gate so it sould be pretty obvious who's cat they'd just run over because the house is pretty isolated). at least you owned up about it lol

Sadly, people suck most of the time. During my childhood we lost three cats and two dogs to hit & runs, all that happened out front of our house. Either people don't care, rationalize, "Meh, if they didn't want it to die they should've kept it in the house" like douche bags, figure they don't have time to stop, or are too afraid of getting into trouble for fessing up. Once again, people suck most of the time. Hatred

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »

Actually, you're supposed to say something like "That's no big deal, everybody drinks too much and gets sick from time to time", where I reply with "You don't understand, CHUNKS is my DOG'S NAME".

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the most terrible thing you've ever done? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.