Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:57:49 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  "King of the Hill" Canceled by Fox « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: "King of the Hill" Canceled by Fox  (Read 23475 times)
Metropolisforever
« on: October 31, 2008, 11:50:49 PM »

Yep, you read that right.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/king-of-the-hill-fox-cancels-animated-show-no-season-14/

Apparently, King of the Hill doesn't appeal to the idiotic 7-year-olds who tune in every Sunday to watch "Peter Griffin" vomit out of his butt.
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 02:58:42 AM »

Too bad  Bluesad

It had a good run though.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »

King of the Hill was a great show.  Sadly, over the past couple of years, I haven't gotten to watch it as regularly.  Between my work schedule and Fox having football on til like, 8 or 8:30 sometimes, King of the Hill wouldn't be on as they'd just show The Simpsons.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:36 AM »

That's a shame, but at least Peggy Hill will finally stop haunting me with her undeserved overconfidence.  Oh how I hate her.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Dave M
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

Bluesad I thought Beavis & Butthead went off the air a little too soon, but then King of the Hill came out, and that seemed like a decent tradeoff. Hopefully, Judge will come out with some new show that's even better again.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 08:45:33 PM »

I stopped watching any of the 'Adult' animation series a few years ago but I seem to remember enjoying a weird episode of this where the boy Bobby got an ant's nest and ended up becoming an acolyte of the queen. The character Boomhauer (sp?) was also good fun with his almost indechiperable speech.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »

That network ain't right.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »

Yeah, cancel King Of The Hill and leave everybody with sucky new Simpsons episodes where they've run out of ideas and use the same unfunny gags over and over again, whilst relying on whatever media claptrap that's flavour of the month. I think Judge will come back with something good again, the master of simple, yet effective humor. Shame.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »

This could all change, but from what I've read, it will still run through 2010.  Due to how long it takes to produce episodes and the fact that Fox ordered an initial 13 episodes for next season, it should still be running for a while. 

Could change, though.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »

Possibly, just possibly, KOTH will be picked up by another network, and live on. It could happen.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »

It is a shame that the show is being canceled.  I really like King of the Hill as a show overall, and found it to be enjoyable to watch.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:03:32 PM »

The writing is still as good as it's been.  Sadly, it does get overlooked by the younger set.  I mean, when it debuted, I was about 13.  My friends all thought it sucked, but they loved Beavis and Butt-head.  While I loved B&B, I felt the KOTH writing was better.  It's a situation where the writing is awesome, but the ratings don't match.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 11:42:04 PM »

It had a great run, even though quality had been declining (IMO) since around season 11. Peggy's overconfidence was brilliant, admit it, you loved to hate her TeddyR .

I'm pretty much in agreement with those who say it was one of the few great "adult" animations still on, but remember it had been around a lot longer than Family Guy and the others. The stuff replacing it will probably be a string of early-cancelled stuff in rapid succession :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 11:46:13 PM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:25 AM »

I actually heard that ABC might be interested in picking up this series.  I just hope that they don't put in some obscure time slot, like Saturday night. 

It's too bad that Fox doesn't want it anymore.  It added balance to their sunday night lineup, combining its smart writing with the random silliness of Family Guy, which I can also appreciate.  Not everything has to be overly serious you know.   TeddyR

As for the Simpsons...I haven't watched any new episodes for 2 years, and I didn't care much for the movie.  They need to stop tinkling all over my fond memories of it, and just let it die. 
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 06:37:54 PM »

Peggy's overconfidence was brilliant, admit it, you loved to hate her TeddyR .

I suppose I did love hating her very core.  TeddyR

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  "King of the Hill" Canceled by Fox « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.