Main Menu

"King of the Hill" Canceled by Fox

Started by Metropolisforever, October 31, 2008, 11:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metropolisforever

Yep, you read that right.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/king-of-the-hill-fox-cancels-animated-show-no-season-14/

Apparently, King of the Hill doesn't appeal to the idiotic 7-year-olds who tune in every Sunday to watch "Peter Griffin" vomit out of his butt.

nada

HappyGilmore

King of the Hill was a great show.  Sadly, over the past couple of years, I haven't gotten to watch it as regularly.  Between my work schedule and Fox having football on til like, 8 or 8:30 sometimes, King of the Hill wouldn't be on as they'd just show The Simpsons.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Patient7

That's a shame, but at least Peggy Hill will finally stop haunting me with her undeserved overconfidence.  Oh how I hate her.
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.

Dave M

:bluesad: I thought Beavis & Butthead went off the air a little too soon, but then King of the Hill came out, and that seemed like a decent tradeoff. Hopefully, Judge will come out with some new show that's even better again.

JJ80

I stopped watching any of the 'Adult' animation series a few years ago but I seem to remember enjoying a weird episode of this where the boy Bobby got an ant's nest and ended up becoming an acolyte of the queen. The character Boomhauer (sp?) was also good fun with his almost indechiperable speech.
There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Psycho Circus

Yeah, cancel King Of The Hill and leave everybody with sucky new Simpsons episodes where they've run out of ideas and use the same unfunny gags over and over again, whilst relying on whatever media claptrap that's flavour of the month. I think Judge will come back with something good again, the master of simple, yet effective humor. Shame.

HappyGilmore

This could all change, but from what I've read, it will still run through 2010.  Due to how long it takes to produce episodes and the fact that Fox ordered an initial 13 episodes for next season, it should still be running for a while. 

Could change, though.

ER

Possibly, just possibly, KOTH will be picked up by another network, and live on. It could happen.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

asimpson2006

It is a shame that the show is being canceled.  I really like King of the Hill as a show overall, and found it to be enjoyable to watch.

HappyGilmore

The writing is still as good as it's been.  Sadly, it does get overlooked by the younger set.  I mean, when it debuted, I was about 13.  My friends all thought it sucked, but they loved Beavis and Butt-head.  While I loved B&B, I felt the KOTH writing was better.  It's a situation where the writing is awesome, but the ratings don't match.

Doc Daneeka

It had a great run, even though quality had been declining (IMO) since around season 11. Peggy's overconfidence was brilliant, admit it, you loved to hate her :teddyr: .

I'm pretty much in agreement with those who say it was one of the few great "adult" animations still on, but remember it had been around a lot longer than Family Guy and the others. The stuff replacing it will probably be a string of early-cancelled stuff in rapid succession :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.

D-Man

I actually heard that ABC might be interested in picking up this series.  I just hope that they don't put in some obscure time slot, like Saturday night. 

It's too bad that Fox doesn't want it anymore.  It added balance to their sunday night lineup, combining its smart writing with the random silliness of Family Guy, which I can also appreciate.  Not everything has to be overly serious you know.   :teddyr:

As for the Simpsons...I haven't watched any new episodes for 2 years, and I didn't care much for the movie.  They need to stop tinkling all over my fond memories of it, and just let it die. 

Patient7

Quote from: Mr. Briggs Inc. on November 03, 2008, 11:42:04 PM
Peggy's overconfidence was brilliant, admit it, you loved to hate her :teddyr: .

I suppose I did love hating her very core.  :teddyr:
Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.