Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:18:55 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Most Astonishingly Tasteless Films « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: The Most Astonishingly Tasteless Films  (Read 43378 times)
Metropolisforever
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »

There are some flicks that don't just rebel against, or even disregard, standards of taste and art.  In the universe inhabited by these films, such things as standards and responsibility have never been heard of.  It is this lunar purity which largely imparts to these films their inevitable cult stature.  Most likely, these films will remain as artifacts in years to come, to which scholars, searchers for truth, and grubby people in raincoats can turn and say, "now this was trash!"

Some examples:

For Singles Only (1968) - This one is definitely not for those who like good movies.  In this dreadful '60s sleaze film, two girls move into a singles apartment, where Milton Berle plays the social director.  The result is a brutal rape, an attempted suicide, and several songs.  I kid you not.

Freddy Got Fingered (2001) - Tom Green's notorious celluloid atrocity, which swept the Razzies in 2001.  Basically, this is just a pointless series of gross-out skits, such as Tom Green slinging a baby around his head by its umbilical cord.  So funny, isn't it?  Yep, Tom Green is like that irritating kid in every junior high school who wants desperately to be the class clown.  He's also a pathetic attention whore.  He knows good and well that his movie is a piece of crap, and he likes it that way.

Vulgar (2000) - This is one of the worst films ever committed to celluloid.  Kevin Smith financed this hideous (and amateurish) fiasco about a nice young man named Will making a poor living as a children's party clown named Flappy.  Will's over-showcased kindheartedness has failed to land him many gigs or even much in the way of common courtesy--either from the alcoholics who litter his front yard or, particularly, from his abusive mother, whose nursing-home bills eat up most of Will's income. In desperation, Will comes up with a plan. He'll transform himself into Vulgar, an adult party clown who shows up as a joke "stripper" in place of the real thing. But, on his first job, he winds up at a seedy motel, where he is violently gang-raped (for several minutes) by a group of sadistic rednecks.  Once he becomes famous, the rednecks try to blackmail him, but Will shoots them, and goes on to live happily ever after.  Either director Bryan Johnson is a sick, amoral pervert, or he has some sort of inner demons that he was trying to purge with this film.  Either way, it's still one of the worst abominations to ever be unleashed upon humanity.  "Vulgar" doesn't even begin to describe this one.

Chaos (2005) - Dreadful indie rip-off of Wes Craven's The Last House on the Left, in which two young women, Angelica, who has returned home for the summer from UCLA, and Emily, go off to a rave in the woods, where Angelica hopes to score some ecstasy. There, they meet Swan, who, unbeknownst to them, was sent to find two naïve young women and bring them back to his father, Chaos, and his depraved cohorts, Frankie and Daisy. As the helpless girls are brought into the woods to be tortured and murdered, Emily's loving parents grow worried that their normally levelheaded daughter has missed her curfew and is not answering her cell phone. After a frustrating encounter with the local police, they decide to go and look for the girls themselves.  Basically, this is almost a direct copy of Craven's film, with a lot less plot, and a lot more scenes of teenage girls being mutilated.  There is also a new ending, which is so stupid that you might even forget about the depravity you've just witnessed.  If you thought Craven's film was bad... well, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Can you think of any more films like these?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:39:59 PM by Metropolisforever » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »

Was PINK FLAMINGOES too obvious to mention?   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »

Pink Flamingos makes me think Waters sat down with a bunch of weirdos in a chemically-fueled brain-storming session and started the meeting by saying "Think up a dozen or so of the most disgusting, perverted, yet original things you can think of, and we'll weave a very thin plot through them". "Desperate Living" and "Female Trouble" were no better. Tasteless doesn't begin to describe Pink Flamingos.

"Bad Taste" is way up there, but as far a pure offensiveness, lack of any moral fiber in any way, I'd say "Meet the Feebles" has to be near the top. 

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »

Pink Flamingos makes me think Waters sat down with a bunch of weirdos in a chemically-fueled brain-storming session and started the meeting by saying "Think up a dozen or so of the most disgusting, perverted, yet original things you can think of, and we'll weave a very thin plot through them". "Desperate Living" and "Female Trouble" were no better. Tasteless doesn't begin to describe Pink Flamingos.

"Bad Taste" is way up there, but as far a pure offensiveness, lack of any moral fiber in any way, I'd say "Meet the Feebles" has to be near the top. 

After watching Pink Flamingos I couldn't eat eggs for a while.  Every time I saw an egg that old lady with the eggs would come to mind and I would get about half disgusted and just walk away from the eggs.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »

After watching Pink Flamingos I couldn't eat eggs for a while.  Every time I saw an egg that old lady with the eggs would come to mind and I would get about half disgusted and just walk away from the eggs.

I had a related problem.  I couldn't use a chicken in the bedroom for months afterwards.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »

Maybe something more watchable than the ones mentioned above, yet still tasteless  would be...

"Shakes the Clown"

The opening scene features America's Mom, Carol Brady. So it couldn't be THAT bad, right?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »

SLEEPAWAY CAMP  

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,114752.0.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »

Small | Large

I guess Troma movies go without saying.

One scene from The Blue Jeans Monster springs to mind.  Two characters, a pregnant character and her friend, are discussing sex - or rather, how the pregnant one hasn't had sex with her husband since she got pregnant.

"Men without sex go crazy!"
"How could we when my belly is so big?"
"Why couldn't you?"
"People say that it would flatten the baby's nose."
"The baby knows how to doge it."
"How?"
"He can hold it with his mouth!" (mimes mouth grabbing with hand)
"What!?"
"Now you know why babies are toothless!"
"....You are so disgusting."
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »

I second Meet the Feebles.

I actually thought Freddy Got Fingered was hillarious because it was too crude, stupid, and vulgar for the mainstream to find funny. Scream Bloody Murder kinda reminds me of Freddy Got Fingered.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »

Revenge Of The Living Dead Girls. Pointless gore and violence all for no apparent reason.  They have a point where a woman has a miscarriage in the shower from a rotting hole in her stomach.  Its probably one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen in a movie.  Forbid I mention the prostitute who gets sexually assaulted with a knife. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »

Revenge Of The Living Dead Girls. Pointless gore and violence all for no apparent reason.  They have a point where a woman has a miscarriage in the shower from a rotting hole in her stomach.  Its probably one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen in a movie.  Forbid I mention the prostitute who gets sexually assaulted with a knife. 

Now, I wanna see this!

I have issues.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Javakoala
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »

I just watched Revenge Of The Living Dead Girls.  If this is what France has to offer, let them go back to praising Jerry Lewis movies.  Inept and pointless are the keywords for this movie.  But the woman being penetrated by the sword  -- how about a shotgun?  Gator Bait has a fairly innocent young woman penetrated by a shotgun that is then discharged.  Not bloody really, but it just makes you feel bad for Mankind that someone would think of such a thing.  But then, I DID watch it, so what does that say about me?
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 10:31:41 PM »

Pieces?
Small | Large
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 08:53:05 AM »

Gator Bait has a fairly innocent young woman penetrated by a shotgun that is then discharged.  Not bloody really, but it just makes you feel bad for Mankind that someone would think of such a thing. 

Ah, it's just a movie.

I've seen Gator Bait and, personally, I love it.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »

Gator Bait has a fairly innocent young woman penetrated by a shotgun that is then discharged.  Not bloody really, but it just makes you feel bad for Mankind that someone would think of such a thing. 

Ah, it's just a movie.

I've seen Gator Bait and, personally, I love it.

I'm sorry.  Did I give the impression I DIDN'T like "Gator Bait"?  I loved the movie.  But that scene was mostly tasteless.  But this comes from a guy that actually finds "Necromantik" vaguely erotic.  I'm consistently inconsistent...or is that incontinent?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Most Astonishingly Tasteless Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.