Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:42:28 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THUNDER OF GIGANTIC SERPENT (1988) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THUNDER OF GIGANTIC SERPENT (1988)  (Read 1811 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 13, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »

Here's an obscure Chinese laugh riot you should put on your "need to see" list.  It starts out with a group of gangsters (people in the movie refer to them as "terrorists," but they seemed more like gangsters to me) talking about stealing a secret growth formula.  The main villain makes a typical ranting speech about how powerful he will be and how nations all kneel before him if he possesses the formula.  Then he throws his head back and laughs like this, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

The gangsters attack the laboratory where the formula is being tested.  One scientist escapes with a contraption that looks like a fish tank, but her car crashes and a little girl named Ting-Ting finds the contraption.  She brings it home and puts her small pet snake in it.  Then we see jolts of electricity and the snake instantly grows and becomes a large snake-puppet!  At one point, Ting-Ting climbs on the snake's neck and rides it like a horse!

Meanwhile, there are a few scenes that may have been filmed separately and edited into the movie later.  There's a guy in camouflage fatigues and a red beret who calls himself Ted Fast (played by Pierre Kirby).  He goes around getting in gun battles and martial arts fights with the gangsters.

Eventually, the snake grows even larger and there are several scenes of the hilarious snake puppet slithering through sets of miniature cities as people run away from rear-projection tidal waves, fires, and  crumbling buildings!

Ting-Ting gets kidnapped by the gangsters and her giant pet snake comes to the rescue.  One of the gangsters whacks the girl across the face with the remote control for a television and says, "I have ways of making you talk!"

This movie has some of the funniest dialogue and cheapest special effects of any movie I've ever seen.  The snake puppet even nods its head "yes" or "no" when Ting-Ting asks him questions!  This movie would appeal to 6-year-old children, but there's too much violence and swearing for little kids.  Watch it if you dare!

Small | Large

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:48:58 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:28:03 AM »

MST3K grade indeed.
And that can be a saving grace.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:19:18 PM »

I'm pretty used to seeing jet fighters flying at 35 MPH, but a Cessna firing tracer rounds?  That IS a first!   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:48:01 PM »

UPDATE:  I forgot to mention the part where Ted Fast throws his beret like a frisbee and knocks a gun out of a guy's hand . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »

UPDATE:  I forgot to mention the part where Ted Fast throws his beret like a frisbee and knocks a gun out of a guy's hand . . .

ODD JOB: The early years.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »

This movie looks like it was made for me.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THUNDER OF GIGANTIC SERPENT (1988) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.