Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:43:59 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Most Astonishingly Tasteless Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Most Astonishingly Tasteless Films  (Read 43624 times)
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »

I recently saw Shatter Dead and didn't find that bad. Then I watched Bloodsucking Freaks and almost vomited twice during it. That film is seriously messed up. I recently purchased Cannibal Holocaust, but lost it before I could watch it. I think it was stolen. Damnit.

Cannibal Holocaust is a waste. Animals are killed for real. Everything else is too expensive to be funny, but way too cheap to be entertaining. It is not a 'social commentary' or an 'exercise in poor taste'. I like both and it was neither. If you hated the Blair witch project you'll hate it, if you liked the Blair witch project you'll REALLY hate it.

BTW "KIDS" made me wonder whether a 'realistic' portrayal of teenagers was intended to be at all refreshing. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:00:48 PM by HarlotBug3 » Logged

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »

I was worried about the animal killing, too. The director has stated how he believed what he did was stupid all those years ago and would not do it the same way again. I figure I'd give it a chance. I don't endorse, encourage or condone animal cruelty, but as long as it doesn't inspire other film makers and the director of said feature is repentant, what's the harm in letting this film off the hook? I know it inspired The Blair Witch Project, but I couldn't care less, really.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 12:07:28 PM »

Cannibal Holocaust is a chunkblower classic of the Italian cannibal boom. Yeah, the animal deaths are atrocious and detestable, but the rest of the flick is great. Robert Kerman, in particular, is cool as heck. The Grindhouse Releasing D.V.D. has an option where you can actually watch an "animal cruelty"-free cut of the film.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 06:57:33 PM »

That's the one I got! But I never got to watch it. Only had it for three days...

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »

I've cited this movie in another thread, but by far, the worst movie I have ever seen is an art house movie called Vase de Noces (Wedding Trough). It has the worst qualities of human behavior on display, and it is completely tasteless. I can't fully go into it on a clean website like this, but if anyone is aware of what coprphagia is, that is only the tip of the iceberg. As a fan of avant garde and independent cinema, I grudgingly respect its motives, but I am utterly appalled by the means to said end. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Its very hard to find, so I'll send anyone a copy who wants to watch it, but be warned that I am not exaggerating!!! I almost lost a friend for having this on my hard drive! It is a horror to behold and will leave you empty and hurting inside. No joke!

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »

That's the one I got! But I never got to watch it. Only had it for three days...

That sucks, man. Hoover-style.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »

Visitor Q needs to be mentioned in this thread, its has more than a few things that I'd rather not think about ever again, and its played as a comedy.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

Currently watching Ebola Syndrome. Good lord this movie takes tasteless to a new level.

This is one mean flick. The movie will knock you on your ass then kick you in the teeth before you can get back up.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 12:44:01 PM »

Currently watching Ebola Syndrome. Good lord this movie takes tasteless to a new level.

This is one mean flick. The movie will knock you on your ass then kick you in the teeth before you can get back up.

Love it.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, let me just tease ya with this. In the first 5 minutes alone, the main scumbag commits adultery, stabs a man in the crotch, kills somebody with a mahjong table, slices off a woman's tongue, and tries to light a little girl on fire.

It's awesome.

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2009, 01:05:33 PM »

How does it compare to the Untold Story?  That's pretty extreme as well, same director and same lead actor (Anthony Wong is the man).
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »

how about *cough cough* Postal?

On a related note, why are there not more Uwe Boll movies on this site?

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 02:15:38 AM »

There has been mention about the animal crulety in Cannibal Holocaust.Yeah,I don't care for that part of it either,but what really turns me off is the way women are treated in this movie.Those rape scenes..ughh....Come to think of it,I don't know if I will ever watch that movie again.

What about Pasolini's Salo?I suppose there are some that would say it's an art film though I don't know what is so artistic about about sodomy,gential mutilation and s*it eating.
Skull
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »

how about *cough cough* Postal?

On a related note, why are there not more Uwe Boll movies on this site?

Because we only care about "Douche" flicks... :)
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »

Ebola has some animal violence as well, live frogs are chopped up in the resturant and a few chickens are decaptiated for a tribal ritual.

Interesting trivia, in Ebola his boss is Lo Meng who is one of the Shaw Brothers "Venom team," in Five Venoms he was the guy who studied Toad Style. Now in this movie he works at a resutrant famous for its frog fried rice. Wink
element19_98
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

What about a nomination for Feast:2 Sloppy Seconds,in that one we get postmorteum autopsy ejaculation,a dwarf sporting a cock as long as his legs,a baby disembowelment and a whole bucket load of disembowelments.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Most Astonishingly Tasteless Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.