Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:37:42 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Killer Animal Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Favorite Killer Animal Movies  (Read 15410 times)
Gigantor
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 01, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »

What are you favorite Killer animal movies?
What are your least favorites?
Do you know of any rare ones that you think most people have never heard of?
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:55 AM »

I've got a soft spot for the Aussie film "Razorback" about a giant, fast moving wild boar on the rampage in the Outback. I also derive plenty of enjoyment from "Alligator".

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
peter johnson

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »

As I've said before here, "Night of the Lepus" pretty much tops the genre --

I'd give "Megalon 3" a vote too, though --

Giant killer bunnies are one thing, but badly enlarged Great White Sharks are something else entirely.  Both films full of cheesy goodness --

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 11:40:06 AM »

Anything with massive sharks  Thumbup

Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »

There's a lot of good ones out there. I love Robert Forster in Alligator and I also like Swarm and Pirahna and of course Shatner in Kingdom of Spiders. There's also a littel film called Day of the Animals. It's got cougars, grizzlies and Leslie Nielsen

Small | Large

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »

The original Willard. A friend brought a bag of mice that he bought from a local petshop and dropped them from the balcony during the scene when the rats eat Ernest Borgnine. He practically emptied the theatre. Good times.

Babies taste best.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »

A tossup between "Strays" (1991), with killer house cats, and "Squirm" (1976), with killer earthworms. Of the two, "Strays" is slightly more plausible. Anybody who's ever lived with a cat knows they want to kill you and might be capable of it. But earthworms? What exactly is it they're supposed to do to you when they attack?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »

"maneaters are loose" because two tigers are loose and it just so happens a world famous safari guy lives right there where they are randomly loose, let out by a drunk
peter johnson

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »

It's been a number of years since I saw "Squirm", but I think they were mutated by electricity(!?!) when a power line goes down, and they develop nasty pincers.  "They bite!"  was one of the taglines of the film, I seem to remember.   Some people eat them by accident in salads, and they burrow out from the inside.  Plus they eat people who fall on them.  I recall it had some good unintended laughs along with some intentional humor, and parts were genuinely suspenseful.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »

Hard to pick one, but I have a soft spot for Kingdom of the Spiders. I have good memories of watching it with my best friend as a kid, and thinking it was a kick-ass movie, and of checking it out later and finding a lot of unintentionally funny stuff in it. Good memories, cheesy fun, and I can watch it again and again. I guess its my favourite.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »

All those mentioned, plus:

GIANT SPIDER INVASION
FOOD OF THE GODS
EMPIRE OF THE ANTS
THE PROPHECY
PIGS aka DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING
BUG
FROGS

All dripping with 70's-style cheesy goodness!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 07:04:04 PM »

It's been a number of years since I saw "Squirm", but I think they were mutated by electricity(!?!) when a power line goes down, and they develop nasty pincers.  "They bite!"  was one of the taglines of the film, I seem to remember.   Some people eat them by accident in salads, and they burrow out from the inside.  Plus they eat people who fall on them.  I recall it had some good unintended laughs along with some intentional humor, and parts were genuinely suspenseful.

I believe it wasn't earthworms but rather bloodworms shown in that movie. Bloodworms are big, nasty-looking and have teeth.
Small | Large

---------------------
peter johnson

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »

Apparently, you can find anything at all on YouTube these days -- Bloodworms!
But weren't the "Squirm!" worms thick and black?  I seem to remember thinking they'd made them out of snorkling hose or something similar.  The edible ones were probably molded from liquorice --
I just thought of another fave:  "Them!".  Can't beat that scene with the giant puppet ant stading over a pile of skulls --

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 11:21:53 PM »

Apparently, you can find anything at all on YouTube these days -- Bloodworms!
But weren't the "Squirm!" worms thick and black?  I seem to remember thinking they'd made them out of snorkling hose or something similar.  The edible ones were probably molded from liquorice --

I remember them being reddish brown, but I can't say for sure. The closeups of the ones with teeth were bloodworms.

The Wikipedia entry for bloodworms actually mentions Squirm. Apparently, they used some 250,000 live bloodworms in that movie, in addition to all the surgical tubing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycera_(genus)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:25:59 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 11:33:34 PM »

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957)  - classic! What's not to love about giant, intelligent, 'talking', brain-eating crabs?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Killer Animal Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.