Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:48 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Killer Animal Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Favorite Killer Animal Movies  (Read 15380 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »

While it's not a 'killer animal' movie, I've always liked this:
"Killer Rabbit" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Small | Large

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957)  - classic! What's not to love about giant, intelligent, 'talking', brain-eating crabs?

Agreed.  I was gonna post that as well.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 11:38:47 PM »

JAWS, ALLIGATOR, and PIRANHA are the big three for me. For pure camp value, THE BEES (Think THE SWARM done Roger Corman style). Though it is a terrible film I must confess a soft spot for SLUGS.

One the worst side, ALLIGATOR II: THE MUTATION instantly pops to mind. So does BATS. I can think of several Sci-Fi Channel stinkers that come to mind as well.

The folks behind the SHARK ATTACK franchise have a new shark flick coming to DVD in January. I already got my hands on a copy and reviewed it. Here's a link to my review of SHARKS IN VENICE

And for those interested, myself and some of the gang at DreadCentral.com did an hour long podcast entirely about killer animal flicks a few months back. Here's the link if you want to listen to or download DINNER FOR FIENDS: NATURE RUNS AMOK

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »

Those of us old enough to remember the Carter presidency were amused when, not long after this movie came out, Jimmy Carter experienced a real "killer rabbit". My memory of the incident is that the Secret Service shot a rabbit which they perceived as acting aggressively. I want to say that it was swimming after a canoe carrying the president, but my memory may be faulty on that point.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »

Those of us old enough to remember the Carter presidency were amused when, not long after this movie came out, Jimmy Carter experienced a real "killer rabbit". My memory of the incident is that the Secret Service shot a rabbit which they perceived as acting aggressively. I want to say that it was swimming after a canoe carrying the president, but my memory may be faulty on that point.

Your memory's pretty good.  Here's the full Jimmy Carter v. attack rabbit tale.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »

That's kinda sad, actually.  I wasn't alive during the whole Carter presidency.  At this point, I only know him as that 'Habitat For Humanity' guy.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Gigantor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 07:04:31 AM »

JAWS, ALLIGATOR, and PIRANHA are the big three for me. For pure camp value, THE BEES (Think THE SWARM done Roger Corman style). Though it is a terrible film I must confess a soft spot for SLUGS.

One the worst side, ALLIGATOR II: THE MUTATION instantly pops to mind. So does BATS. I can think of several Sci-Fi Channel stinkers that come to mind as well.

The folks behind the SHARK ATTACK franchise have a new shark flick coming to DVD in January. I already got my hands on a copy and reviewed it. Here's a link to my review of SHARKS IN VENICE

And for those interested, myself and some of the gang at DreadCentral.com did an hour long podcast entirely about killer animal flicks a few months back. Here's the link if you want to

listen to or download DINNER FOR FIENDS: NATURE RUNS AMOK

SHARKS IN VENICE airs on SCI FI December.14th,
Gigantor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 07:40:39 AM »

PIGS aka DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING

What did you think of this movie?
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »

I saw it on Elvira's Movie Macabre back in the early 80's, but it has stuck with me after all these years. It's a pretty twisted tale of a young woman who escapes from a mental hospital and takes up with an insane pig farmer, who feeds anyone who come poking around to his porkers.

Apparently it was a dream production by star/director Marc Lawrence, who was a very recognizable character actor, usually playing gangsters, from the 40s thru the 90s. His daughter Toni played the mentally disturbed woman. She was once married to Billy Bob Thorton!

I still remember that children's song that plays over and over in this!

Troma released a DVD a few years ago. I need to look for it.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »

I saw it on Elvira's Movie Macabre back in the early 80's, but it has stuck with me after all these years. It's a pretty twisted tale of a young woman who escapes from a mental hospital and takes up with an insane pig farmer, who feeds anyone who come poking around to his porkers.

I have the old VHS release of this film.  It has been years, possibly a decade, since I watched it.  My memory of the film, and the review reflects this, is that it was confusing, aggravating, and painful.  However, Raffine has proved to be very resilient to truly awful cinema, as evidenced by his Andy Milligan fetish.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 05:04:13 PM »

I have the old VHS release of this film.  It has been years, possibly a decade, since I watched it.  My memory of the film, and the review reflects this, is that it was confusing, aggravating, and painful.  However, Raffine has proved to be very resilient to truly awful cinema, as evidenced by his Andy Milligan fetish.

Ah yes, having experienced a number of Milligan film allows you to comfort yourself with "Well, that movie PIGS sure was terrible, but it was no BLOOD THIRSTY BUTCHERS."

Ha! I'd forgotten you had reviewed this one. Now that I clicked on the sound file I can count on that tune being with me for another 25 years.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »

1984's The Wild Beasts.

P.C.P. gets dropped in the zoo's water supply. Hell breaks loose. Lorraine De Selle does what Lorraine De Selle always does, though it doesn't quite resembling "acting." Awesome.

I'm a big fan of Razorback, too. Also, Squirm and Tentacles. Awful films, but I've got a weakness for worms and tentacles (anything gooey and gross, really).

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 03:40:21 AM »

Most of the good stuff is already up.  You need Day of the Animals, with its Leslie Neilson fighting a bear and all.

I also appreciate Razorback, though I felt the filmmakers didn't have enough confidence in their special effects team.  You see very little of the beast in the movie, and when it's over, you are left wondering if they built more than a head.

I'll go with the stuff that used to be on TV a lot when I was little. Devil Dog, Hound of Hell, Food of the Gods, and Frogs!.   I love Frogs!.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard interesting things about Shakma.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:41:56 AM by quabrot » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:52 AM »

Cujo!

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »

Cujo!

Oh, wow! I can't believe I forgot about Cujo!

I actually remember the first time I sat down to watch it. I'd heard for years how it was a classic modern horror flick, and I thought "what's the big deal? it's just a movie about a dog!" I just chalked up it's enduring popularity to "the Stephen King factor." But then I saw it and I was genuinely blown away at how good it was, to the point where now I think that Cujo doesn't get ENOUGH adoration. When it comes to Stephen King flicks, it kinda gets pushed to the back of the room in favor of the bigger, flashier movies (both good: The Shining, Misery, etc., and bad: Storm Of The Century, The Stand, etc.).

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 11:56:54 PM »

You know, I think Squirm is my all time fave. The weird kid voice-over, the spaghetti eating scene, the way Roger becomes more and more wormlike (even crawling upstairs which had me blinking in disbelief, then laughing until my sides hurt), plus the MST3K treatment. It was silly, creepy & unlike anything I'd expected. I like it, no matter how unbelievable it may seem to imagine a bunch of worms pushing a tree over onto a house  Twirling

Second place: Prophecy made by the late John Frankenheimer. I used to own a paperback book version of the film, and it really made me see this as more than a crappy eco-horror film. Katahdin was originally supposed to look like a mix of different animal traits- kind of like that Cathoga thing in The Relic- but ended up looking like the half-melted gummi bear we all know and love  Drink I still get a kick out of the guy who gets his head eaten near the end of the film. Crunch!

Least favorite: Tentacles, lame Jaws ripoff chose an octopus instead of something with speed. Devilfish was better- I mean, whales show up and take out the monster? Come on! The only highlight was seeing Shelley Winters get taken out by the beast  Wink Empire of the Ants sucked, too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Killer Animal Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.