Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:44:40 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Space alien looks like mound of red spaghetti « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Space alien looks like mound of red spaghetti  (Read 4896 times)
Cheshire_Cat
New Visitor

"We're all mad here."

« on: November 03, 2008, 02:02:08 AM »

Hi people! 

I'm trying to remember the name of this movie I saw on tv when I was a kid.  I don't remember much, but I think it was made in late 70s/early-mid 80s.  The movie was about a crew of people on a space ship, who might have been scientists.  Either they went aboard another space ship or their ship was invaded by these aliens.  The only visual image that I can clearly remember is that the aliens (might have just been one alien) looked like tall mounds of red spaghetti, no eyes or appendages.  I remember because as a child of the 80s it used to remind me of playing with the playdough fun factory and making "playdough spaghetti", lol.  The only other thing I remember was that a woman (one of the crew members) was running through the halls of the ship(maybe dressed in a yellow flight suit?), trying to escape the alien, who moved slow and blob-like.  I don't remember if she died or not, but I think the aliens killed by consuming people and swallowing them up in their spaghetti-like tentacles.  It was very suspenseful and creepy...or at least that's what I thought as a little kid.  Any guesses?   Question
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:55 PM »

My guess is that this one is "Star Crystal" (1986). Here is Andrew's review of it: http://www.badmovies.org/movies/starcrystal/

An alien is released within a scientific space vessel and begins devouring people. It starts off as a sort of blob, then eventually morphs into "ET's retarded cousin." It uses tentacles to ensnare its prey and then devours humans for sustenance. It only stops after it reads the Bible..... or something like that. It's been a while since I watched it. The monster doesn't really resemble a pile of red spaghetti though.

Another film you may want to look into is "Alien: Sulla Terra" (a.k.a. Alien 2, a.k.a. Alien Terror) This one is a little hard to find, but if you take a good look around the web I'm sure you could at least download it.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Cheshire_Cat
New Visitor

"We're all mad here."

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

I checked out the reviews and summaries from Star Crystal and Alien: sulla terra.  The idea of being trapped in a spacecraft and pursued by an alien definitely sound familiar, but I don't remember there being any eggs or morphing of the aliens.  Doesn't mean there aren't those aspects in the film, I'm not sure I actually watched the entire thing, but the alien image I remember was a full grown "adult".  That and I'm almost 100% certain of the red spaghetti description. 

Now that I think about it the alien itself didn't look very scary.  Really, how menacing can a big mess of red spaghetti/yarn/playdough be afterall?  And I think that was the scary part...the fact that it was very unassuming, with no nasty teeth or claws or anything, and yet it was still devouring people in a very quiet, almost polite manner.  It added extra suspense to the movie because you couldn't hear it approaching and I don't remember that it made any noise.  I can't even recall how it moved, being a big blob of spaghetti with no discernable legs.  I think the only reason that it was able to kill the crew members was because they were stranded in space, with no means of escape...otherwise they could have just outrun the things! Maybe there was some mind control involved, that surely would have made more sense.   Twirling
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »

I am trying to brainstorm this one, and can only come up with loose matches:

Galaxy of Terror
Deep Space
The Green Slime

Did you see this in the US, or perhaps another country?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cheshire_Cat
New Visitor

"We're all mad here."

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »

I'll check out those three suggestions.  I saw the movie on tv in the US.  I think it might have been a Sunday Matinee showcase type thing.
Cheshire_Cat
New Visitor

"We're all mad here."

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

Just going by the IMDb summaries, Galaxy of Terrors is a maybe...though I only remember one kind of alien in the movie.  Deep Space is too late I think. I saw the movie when I was maybe 8 years old, which would have been 1986.  There was also nothing slimey about the alien, so it couldn't have been The Green Slime.  I could also describe it as a creeping pile of red/pink silly string.  I don't suppose there's a gallery site anywhere of movie aliens that I could browse through?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Space alien looks like mound of red spaghetti « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.