Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:26:20 AM
714195 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Who Here has Read WATCHMEN? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who Here has Read WATCHMEN?  (Read 11817 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »

You know, all things considered, V for Vendetta is a pretty good adaptation: I enjoyed it a hell of a lot, and it got most of the bits in the comic that I liked [though the end was a bit meh in the movie].

I've heard vague rumours about changing endings in Watchmen the movie, so that'll be interesting.

Mofo, how's the Absolute Watchmen?  Other than great of course!  What does it give you other than a massive awesome looking book version? [I see it everynow and then, and think about picking it up, but it's always sealed and I can't get a look at what's in it]

SPOILERS for the ending of Watchmen the movie and the comic!!!

The basic themes and disastrous deaths at the end are the same, from what they've implied, but the giant squid monster thingy isn't there.  They said it just wouldn't play right in a film.  Other than that, it ends basically the same, including the Rorchach's novel being handed in.

**END**

WHAT?! No gelatnis tenticaled monstrosity?! That this is ESSENTIAL!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »

You know, it could be a really good screen adaptation.  I don't hold high hopes... but, I said that the Lord of the Rings couldn't be pulled off on screen, and Peter Jackson basically knocked that one out of the park, as far as I'm concerned.  So I don't know the director for this project, but I am sure it can be done well.

WILL it be done well, though, is hard to say.

Whoever plays Rorschach, and whoever plays Adrian, have to knock their parts out of the park.  Like Ledger did with the Joker -- they have to nail their parts that well, I think, for it to be a good adaptation.    Nite Owl can be somewhat bland and that'll be OK (he is bland), and Dr. Manhattan as a deus ex machina type character can be done well without huge acting chops.  But Rorschach and Veidt have to be effing spot on.

I will watch it, oh yes.

That book is full of so many awesome moments.  Some of my favorites:

1.   "Oh, yeah whatever happened to him?"    "Rorschach dropped him down an elevator shaft!"   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2.   "What do you see?"    -- "A pretty butterfly."

3.   "Well, I guess I'd just have to catch it."

4.   "I'm not stuck in here with you... You're stuck in here with me."

How could I forget the Comedian?  Who is going to play him as he should be played?
Jim H

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 08:31:09 PM »

Zack Snyder, of 300 and Dawn of the Dead remake, is the director.  He's proven he can do the visuals and the action scenes (the newest trailer definitely shows it will have some of those scenes like in 300 where things go fast then slow then fast) but I have my doubts about his ability to handle the more serious aspects of the film. 

Jackie Earle Hayley is Rorschach.  He got nominated for an oscar a little while ago for something or other, but I'll always remember him as the "bad kid" pitcher from the Bad News Bears.  Other people are nobodies, though they all look good in the trailers.  Most are too young for the parts though, i have to say. 

Small | Large

Newest trailer.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 07:53:46 AM »

They're not all nobodies.

And, personally, I'm not terribly worried about Snyder's handling of the serious scenes. Frankly, I think that Moore's stuff is so good that you could just stick a camera in one place, turn it on, point it roughly in the direction of the actors, walks away n' get a soda, and it'll still be good. I'm more concerned about the screenwriter's handling of all of Moore's dialogue and the structure of the narrative and it's revelations.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 05:55:48 PM »

I didn't like any of the character in Watchmen.
In the trailer Nite Owl looks cooler than Batman  Question...I thought the whole whole point of him was to prove who stupid he seems...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »

In the trailer Nite Owl looks cooler than Batman  Question...I thought the whole whole point of him was to prove who stupid he seems...

Actually, Nite Owl was primarily inspired by the Blue Beetle. And, I guess that's your interpretation (which you are free to) but I don't think that the character was ever supposed to show how "stupid" Batman is.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »

I'll see WATCHMEN, but I'm not holding my hopes too high.  I think the story is too complex to squeeze into even a three hour movie.  I think it would almost have to be a six hour miniseries. 

Torgo

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »

As I guess you all have heard by now, Warner Bros. and Fox settled out of court on the right to distribute Watchmen by Warner Bros. paying a butt load of money.  So the movie is still coming out on March 6th as planned. The final run time is 2 hours 43 minutes.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BTM

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 11:15:27 PM »

We need a "spoiler" filter here... that or maybe if I turn the text black... hmm.. I'll try that..

Question on Watchman for those who read the whole comic (massive spoilers, don't highlight unless you want it spoiled!)

Okay, I have issues 2-10, and I skimmed over the last two issues from a collected edition at Barnes and Nobles (been meaning to BUY a couple of all the issues, but haven't got around to it.)  Anyway,  I think I missed a few details, but my main question is: why did that blue guy kill Rorschach at the end of the series?  I thought that part was a bit of a letdown, as I really liked the character...

Anyway, if you want to msg me the reply instead of posting here, that's cool!

:)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 11:48:44 PM »

We need a "spoiler" filter here... that or maybe if I turn the text black... hmm.. I'll try that..

Question on Watchman for those who read the whole comic (massive spoilers, don't highlight unless you want it spoiled!)

Okay, I have issues 2-10, and I skimmed over the last two issues from a collected edition at Barnes and Nobles (been meaning to BUY a couple of all the issues, but haven't got around to it.)  Anyway,  I think I missed a few details, but my main question is: why did that blue guy kill Rorschach at the end of the series?  I thought that part was a bit of a letdown, as I really liked the character...

Anyway, if you want to msg me the reply instead of posting here, that's cool!

:)

He did it because Rorschach was going to tell the world exactly what just happened and who was responsible, thus destroying Ozzymandias' new peacful eutopia. Its one of those "the ends justifys the means" thypes of things.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »

Actually, Nite Owl was primarily inspired by the Blue Beetle. And, I guess that's your interpretation (which you are free to) but I don't think that the character was ever supposed to show how "stupid" Batman is.

No..but he was supposed to be out of shape and not ready for superheroics anymore.  He was a charcther who was past his prime.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 09:35:18 PM »

I haven't yet, but it is on my list to read along side Civil War released Marvel and Children of the Sea, coming in June from Viz.  I have heard good things about Watchmen and I want to check it out, because if I like it, I'll probably check out the movie.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Who Here has Read WATCHMEN? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.