Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:40:17 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Need help with a big life decision « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Need help with a big life decision  (Read 10958 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« on: November 06, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

This could be the most challenging decision I ever have made or will make.

I have two options.

I can pick one, the other, or both.

I need advice for the final decision.

Myspace or Facebook?  TongueOut

What?  Too much buildup?  Any advice on the subject is appreciated however.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Metropolisforever
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »

Neither. TongueOut
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »

Neither, joining social networking sites was one of the worst decisions of my life.

Metropolisforever
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:29:05 PM »

Neither, joining social networking sites was one of the worst decisions of my life.

If you want to share your story with us, you can... but you don't have to. Smile
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 05:45:17 PM by Metropolisforever » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »

I got rid of them both.

MySpace was populated by those who wanted 12 gazillion friends they were never ever really going to interact with,  just so they could list that they had 12 gazillion friends, and it was also overrun by people who kept passing around "you will die unless..." style chain letters and sparkly mindless messages with angels and rainbows and ponies and dead prom queens on them.

Facebook is a little classier, a little sleeker, but it left me having to be chirpy nice to people I hadn't talked to in ten years and didn't miss who kept finding me on there and wanting to catch up.  My rule of thumb, if I haven't talked to you since the '90's, there's probably a hint there.

But if you have to choose one, MySpace is far better just because all the colorful cyberstalkers there leave you feeling psychopathically appreciated.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Metropolisforever
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »

I once had an account on a social networking site... and I deleted it in a flash.Cheers
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »

If you want to share your story with us, you can... but you don't have to. Smile

I liked myspace originally because it led to me chatting with alot of musicians that I admired, but it was people being fake and buls**tting about their lives mainly. I met a girl through another site, which led to many troubles for me. She still uses myspace to my knowledge, it's like an addiction, sitting there for hours waiting for messages from creeps and liars.  Thumbdown

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 06:09:55 PM »

I've always thought these sites were for 20 plus people who haven't gotten over high school.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

I've always thought these sites were for 20 plus people who haven't gotten over high school.

17 year old girls who are "art photographers", crappy emo bands and 44 year old former metal bassists looking for sex.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:25:28 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Metropolisforever
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »

I had posted an "example" thread about MySpace conversations, but Andrew removed the text. Bluesad
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 06:30:25 PM »

I have never messed with MySpace as I'm 33 1/2 and I feel that if you're older than 17 than you don't really belong on that site.  I haven't really messed with Facebook so I can't comment on that.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »

I'd say it depends on how "into" either one you intend to be Mr. P.

I started a MySpace page because an attractive female friend was into it at the time and I'm weak when it comes to attractive female friends. I started another one just to promote the Tomb, but even though we've got 1200+ "friends", our weekly blog update only garners something like 30 views a week. Beyond that, the only thing I use it for is playing Mobsters.

As far as Facebook goes, that's another thing where I only joined because an attractive female friend/groupie of the Tomb wanted me to. I do very little with it beyond that and probably only sign onto it once every few weeks.

If you do choose to join either, remember to either keep it clean (a lot of employers search out pages like that when reviewing potential hires now) or sign up for it under an email account you're not going to put on your resume and don't use your real name anywhere on it.  Wink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »

As far as Facebook goes, that's another thing where I only joined because an attractive female friend/groupie of the Tomb wanted me to.

Dang, Anubis, you have groupies?  That seals the deal: I'm getting into the movie-reviewing biz!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Metropolisforever
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »

Not to sound insulting, but his groupies probably live next door to him. TongueOut
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 07:07:39 PM »

As far as Facebook goes, that's another thing where I only joined because an attractive female friend/groupie of the Tomb wanted me to.

Dang, Anubis, you have groupies?  That seals the deal: I'm getting into the movie-reviewing biz!
Yeah chicks just give it up for guys with extensive knowledge of movies like Zardoz.   BounceGiggle 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Need help with a big life decision « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.