Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:22:04 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Need help with a big life decision « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Need help with a big life decision  (Read 10956 times)
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 08:58:17 PM »

I have both, though I hardly ever use the myspace one anymore. I'm in a circle of friends who communicate a lot over facebook, and I never really have a problem with people adding me "just because" (though I did with myspace). We play D&D and post side stories and stuff for our characters, also it makes it easy for the DM to work with the players, either individually or as a group.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 04:42:03 AM »

Facebook is the preference, though Myspace serves it's purpose.  Before Facebook got 'bigger' my friends and I used myspace all the time.  Now I just use it for free movie preview screenings and 'secret gigs' which are a really cool idea:

Everynow and then this myspace Australia funded group hosts free gigs from various acts, which is great!  Also everynow and then a different offshoot of this group also hosts free movie sessions of upcoming movies before they are actually released.  Because of that I managed to see Spiderman 3, 300 and various other films FREE and before their official release date.  Woo hoo! 

But beyond that Myspace is just full of too much crap and people just wanting to spam out messages etc.

Facebook is my preference: most people I know are on it, some use it regularly and some just check it everynow and then.  I like it because you can set your privacy settings up quite high, thereby making it more a 'you and your friends' thing.  I don't add people who I don't like to talk to as a general rule: that guy in highschool I occasionally talked to, but don't any longer?  Forget about it.

I also find it's alot easier and cheaper to organise events on Facebook: Having a party?  Save the text message and just post it on facebook: you can set it to be private so people you don't like won't just rock on up, and it just makes life easier.

That and I have friends who use either myspace or facebook to tactically get girls, either by stalking their sites to glean useful information, or to basically use it as a propaganda site of 'look at me, I'm socially acceptable, fun and worthy of dating' etc.

This has had mixed results.  Especially with my one friend who is very particular about content on his wall: he'll delete it if it's too dirty or casts him in a bad light.  So of course we just start a conversation of rude content until he gets cranky.

Either way, it's a good way to pass time at work...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »

I use Facebook. It's cool as a tool to find long lost friends and family although there's definitely some truth in that it probably won't bring you any closer together than you ever were before. I rarely visit it truth be told but do like playing some of the word games from time to time. Still I would rather be on the badmovies.org forum more often than not. The most annoying aspect of Facebook since they changed it is you can't change your settings on chat, just appear offline or online. Sometimes that means people you really aren't wanting to chat with could message u out of the blue or even when you're busy doing something else.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Need help with a big life decision « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.