Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:45:59 AM
714260 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  To all my Democrat friends . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To all my Democrat friends . . .  (Read 3113 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: November 04, 2008, 11:44:57 PM »

Congratulations.

Your party has won the Presidency of the United States, as well as control of both Houses of Congress. America has elected its first African-American President; the Civil War is finally over.   It is a historic moment.

I wish President-elect Obama a long and happy life and a successful administration.  I will support him when he is right, oppose him when he is wrong, and pray for him daily. 
In light of all the spirited exchanges that have occurred here, a little history lesson is in order.

Thomas Jefferson said in his first inaugural: "The recent contest of opinion we have passed through may have imposed on those unused to speaking or thinking as they please an aspect of unpleasantness . . . but every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Federalists; we are all Republicans.  If there  be any here who would oppose this principle, or seek to end our republican form of government, let them stand forever undisturbed as a monument to the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated, as long as reason is left free to combat it."

Enjoy your moment, and make the most of it.  Our turn will come around again some day.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:39:59 AM »

Well said.

It's all our turns, though.  If we're going to get out of the situation we're all in, for this country we've got to all do our parts.   The voter turnout is a great start, but I think Obama put it well when he said he needs everyone's help.      The real work begins.
raj

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:42:17 PM »

Well said Indy.  Karma for the graciousness.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »

Well, I hope this new government understands that not everyone can move upward on the ladder, because someones gotta do the grunt work. So, they shouldn't the workforce and allow them comfortable working and living conditions so they can actually buy stuff and keep the economy rolling!

Otherwise we'll all be forced to live in rat-holes on the worst welfare, and the only engines of the economy will be McDonalds and Wal-Mart.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »

Well, I hope this new government understands that not everyone can move upward on the ladder, because someones gotta do the grunt work. So, they shouldn't the workforce and allow them comfortable working and living conditions so they can actually buy stuff and keep the economy rolling!

Otherwise we'll all be forced to live in rat-holes on the worst welfare, and the only engines of the economy will be McDonalds and Wal-Mart.

I'm a little confused about what you're worried about because a crucial verb was missing. If it was "tax" as in ... "they shouldn't TAX the workforce" the tax policy is very clearly stated, has been for at least 18 months. Everyone making less than $250K will have their taxes reduced. Any other version came from McCain scare tactics, by saying that *somebody* would have their taxes raised, he let his supporters believe that it was them who would end up paying more.

In contrast, McCain's tax policy would have ended up costing those same workers more. His policy was (a) less income tax cuts than Obama's at every income grade below upper class, (b) new taxes on employer-based health insurance and (c) incentives to encourage employers to stop providing health insurance so that people would have to go on the open market to find insurance.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »

I meant to write spite the workforce.

As for Obama, I give him critical support, not that I'm a Republican, but I consider myself Labour/ Social-Democrat-- which  really isn't a significant force in the USA, and is a tiny faction within the Democratic Party, but more buddy-buddy with the Greens (wherever they are).

Obama wanted to get more of the independent voters, and he did. He better remember us. Well he's talking about, among other things, universal healthcare, job protection from relocation, and rethinking FTAs. Let's see what happens.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  To all my Democrat friends . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.