Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:47 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  kid's sci-fi flick/candy commercial tie-in movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: kid's sci-fi flick/candy commercial tie-in movie  (Read 7841 times)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« on: November 07, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »

Okay, I've looked all around the internet but nobody seems to no one what I'm talking about. First, let me make it clear I am NOT talking about Spaced Invaders, nor E.T., nor this (http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/629.html).

Okay, here goes:

I have only vague memories of an ad campaign that was for I think Nestle and Reese's, but I could be mistaken, and the aliens were all over the candy ads and whatnot, and there was a movie, and it took place on and/or around Halloween, and it was something where all these little friendly aliens come to Earth and everybody just assumes they're kids in costumes, because they're basically midgets. And I think one of the aliens had a big, round helmet (a little like the helmets the troopers wear in Spaceballs). I'm pretty sure there was a movie, but maybe my childhood memories are just jumbled up and I'm thinking of just commercials. Either way, it doesn't matter because I can't find anything about 'em, movie, commercial, or otherwise, anywhere.

Does anybody know what the heck I'm blathering about?

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »

Spaced Invaders (1990)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100666/

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:03:48 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:34:38 PM »

My two other suggestions are;

Attack From Mars (1988)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095630/

Mac & Me (1988)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095560/

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »

Negatory. Thanks anyway though.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »

The hard thing here is that I believe you did not see the movie (if there was one), but rather only the commercials.  With that, whoever was making the commercials to promote the product might have taken the movie's characters and used them in the best way to sell the candy.

Since that is the case, the trick is identifying films with aliens from around the time you saw the commercial.  Was it around the mid-80s?  If so, "Explorers" could be a possibility.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »

I was just looking up Explorers, but it doesn't look right. I fear that my memories are just so old and vague that my brain just cobbled together some movie that never existed and I'm gonna be searching forever for something imaginary, because there's another part of my brain that just SWEARS that, no way, this thing really existed. That same part of my brain SWEARS I remember seeing a movie of this, too. I'm gonna have to watch some Explorers sometime soon to be sure, and I guess I should probably go back and give Spaced Invaders and Mac & Me (though I'm fairly certain it isn't Mac & Me) another viewing since it's been a while, just in case. I think I can safely say it wasn't Attack From Mars though.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:56:29 PM »

There were only two ad campaigns involving aliens that tied into a movie that I remember.  1) E.T., the tie-in was for Reeses pieces, or whatever those peanutbutter M&Ms were called;  2) batteries not included*

(*) I could be wrong about this title.  It's not a movie I ever saw but I do remeber the title was written all in lower case and it involved these ridiculous tiny alien robot things.  They also had a toy tie in with Happy Meals.

If it's not either of those my suggestion is to start Googling for "movie tie in" or "movie tie-ins" AND _whatever_.

Good luck.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:54:41 AM »

Not E.T. or Batteries. Yeah, I've Googled the crap out of this sucker, using all sorts of word combinations, but I've come out pretty empty-handed. I've been looking for this thing on-and-off for upwards of a year now. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel and admit that my brain is messing with me.

Thanks anyway, though!

quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »

I do remember that, but I don't think that was a movie.  I'm pretty sure that just  was a commercial from maybe 10 years ago.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »

My brain (or what's left of it) swears there was a movie, or a made-for-T.V. special, or something made as a tie-in, although like I said... it's perfectly possible that I'm mistaken. Even if was just a commercial, I'd give my left nut to anyone who could find me some webpage or image or video online of this ad campaign-commercial-T.V. special-whatever the heck it was, just so I know I'm not certifiable (even though I probably am, candy aliens or no candy aliens).

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »

Was it this?

Small | Large

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 12:35:34 PM »

Nope. That's one of the things I stumbled across in my search, too.

DaNay4422
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 01:37:52 AM »

I used to love this movie.  For years I never knew what it was, but I just found out.  It's called The Last Halloween.  Made in 1991, and it's apparently only 22 minutes long.  Here's the imdb page for it...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156727/
Glad I could help you out!  :)

Also you can find it on youtube in three parts:
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:05:41 AM by DaNay4422 » Logged
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »

HOLY CRAP!!!

Thank you DaNay! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I honestly thought I'd never find it. I was really starting to believe that I'd entirely made up the thing in my head in a mishmash of mixed-up memories.

Lizabelle
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:59 AM »

OMG!!! I stumbled upon this... looking for a movie I saw when I was like 4 or 5. I couldnt remember what it was called, but I loved it and remembered watching atleast two or three times always on Halloween!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  kid's sci-fi flick/candy commercial tie-in movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.