Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:35:02 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Legend of the Seeker « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legend of the Seeker  (Read 4553 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: November 01, 2008, 09:30:05 PM »

Did anyone watch this?

If you did, and you've read any of the novels, I'd love to hear what you thought.  Myself. . . I was muchly irked. See my Legend of the Seeker post at Cosmic Cinema to find out why.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:24:06 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

As my initial post was a bit vague. .

For those who don't know Legend of the Seeker is (supposedly) the TV series adaptation of Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" fantasy novel series.  It recently premiered on the CW network, at least in my area.  This came as a bit of a surprise to me as there were a few teaser promos aired but no indication of who was going to be broadcasting this.  I literally tumbled to this 12 minutes before it came on Saturday night.

So did anyone else manage to tune in?  Were you even aware of this new sword-and-sorcery fantasy series?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 11:21:31 PM »

I had read it was picked up in 95% of the country, so far I can't find it around here. I was made aware of the show due to a topic on here some months back. An article I read the other day covered one of my main concerns about a show like this, apparently affiliates are looking for scripted dramas to fill out weekend schedules again; the UPN/WB merger into CW created a programming vacuum. News to me, still mostly reruns of network shows, stupid judge shows and endless repeats of Cheaters around here until the infomercials start.

I was looking for some good weekend filler shows during the dinner hours before I go out. Our ABC station poached DaVinci's Inquest (a show I actually like) away from our CW station and buried it late at night, found it by accident last week.I figured the CW station would pick up Seeker, but they seemed to have spent their money on getting a better package of syndicated movies from from what they were showing this weekend.

Seeker might be on our digital only station, which became a MY TV affiliate, after the WB went away. I'll have to check their website, since I don't have cable and haven't gotten my digital converter box yet, wouldn't be able to watch it anyway.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »

If you've got cable they are showing this on WGN, although I'm not sure of the time.  This show is being produced by Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert of Hercules and Xena fame.

I was hoping it would be better, so that maybe there would be some more first run syndication shows out there again.  I keep hearing that the CW may go under.

The WB and UPN pretty much killed the first run syndication business.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Legend of the Seeker « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.