Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:29:45 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Anyone watch Sealab 2021? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone watch Sealab 2021?  (Read 6130 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« on: November 08, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »

This show has been off the air for quite a while, but I absolutely love it. It is juvenile, has absolutely no continuity, direction or order, but to me it's funny as heck. See, back in the 60's there was a kids' cartoon called "Sealab 2020", about an underwater research station in the year 2020, where there was always some disaster being averted. Someone took the old footage and made "Sealab 2021" out of it, where the year at the bottom of the ocean has made everyone insane, or at least largely stupid. Several episodes end with Sealab being destroyed, usually due to the crew's stupidity. TONS of cultural references in it to boot.

http://www.craptasticvoyage.com/video/SealabFFued.avi

Small | Large

Small | Large

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

One of the best shows ever on Adult Swim.  Although sometimes they got a bit too far out there and it lost it's initial funny value.  Hands down, the best one ever is when Murphy becomes "Howlin' Mad" Murphy and uses the emergency beacon to start a pirate radio station. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

I tend to like some of the Tornado Shanks episodes best. "Feast of Alvis" is my favorite with Murphy.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »

I'm also a fan of the Feng Shui episode which results in the oxygen tanks getting ripped out for the sake of the art. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »

I love the cultural and historical references. In "Neptunati", Quinn, while refusing to join the Brotherhood, calls Tornado "You sock- dologizing old mantrap" just before the miniature John Wilkes Booth shoots him in the face. That is the line in the play Lincoln was watching that Booth decided would be the best time to shoot him, and did. Then JWB jumps and breaks his leg (presumably). There's another where Marco and Murphy recite some lines from Apocalypse now, namely the "Are you an assassin?" scene between Willard and Kurtz, except Murphy adds "So WET WILLIE for you" to the end. You can also find some scenes where people are talking, and the scene changes mid-sentence and the new scene finishes the sentence changing the meaning (or just making an end-run around the censors). Funny one in "Splitsville" that's not real obvious.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »

Just ordered season 1 on DVD - thanks for reminding me of it Ghouck, you just cost me $8.50  TeddyR  My favorite episode was when they had the invisible monster, that whole thing was just a riot.  They strapped pork chops to the fat kid so the monster would eat him instead of them.  The one with the kid from the Make A Wish foundation was excellent as well. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:04:09 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:22:35 AM »

I have all 4 seasons.  I think it jumped the shark heavily when Herry Goz died.  My favorite episode is "the gert pilot"  though I like "Bizarro" more than i probably should.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 11:00:17 AM »

I used to watch the show a bunch a few years ago.  I sorta lost interest after I got a job that had me work Sunday mornings so I couldn't stay up and watch it. I would watch it now and then when I didn't have to go in early on Sunday or not work at all on Sunday.  After that I just couldn't enjoy it as much.  I liked it early on but later on it's appeal was lost to me.
Raffine

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

I went through a Sealab kick about a year ago and got all the DVD through Netflix. Hilarious, but it did seem to suffer in last season.

I'm also a fan of The Brak Show, which was also hilariously weird and dumb!
Great songs, too!

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Anyone watch Sealab 2021? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.