Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:55:38 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Unhappy/Downer Endings « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Worst Unhappy/Downer Endings  (Read 33112 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »

There's a Robin Williams film...NO ...WAIT...COME BACK!!! Called Awakenings about a doctor who tries to get his patients out of long term comas. Very bleak ending.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

The worst ending I have seen recently (and probably in anything ever) was Dear Zachary, which is made 1000x worse because it is a documentary and actually happened. 

Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »

The mist had a very depressing end. While very enjoyable it did catch me totally off guard.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
tabonga
New Visitor

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »

The ending of Cloverfield really got on my nerves.
*SPOILER*
I sat through that pile of turd with it's whinging, cardboard characters only to see them run back into harm's way and die at the end. 
Not that I objected to the actual death - but maybe if it had happened 60 minutes earlier I might have felt a greater sense of satisfaction...  Hatred
BTM

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »

The Descent - utterly pointless ending.

SPOILERS

So we see at the beginning that this woman is disturbed by the death of her husband and son.  This has absolutely nothing to do with anything you'll see on screen for the next hour.  Then at the end, she kills the only likable character in the whole damned movie, and THEN we're supposed to care that she's nuts and just sitting there hallucinating and waiting to be killed?  I mean, you can't end an action movie with some nonsense like that.  Hell, it would be a lousy ending for a Lifetime movie of the week. Lookingup

You do know WHY she killed the other girl though right?  I mean, there's a good reason plotwise for it.  (Well, two actually...)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 11:14:57 AM »

I saw this movie called Benny's Video recently, the whole movie, to me, was just boring at pointless, and the ending sucked ass as well.  I guess you could argue it's a social commentary on how the overload of video images can desensitize us to reality and whatnot, but to me, the point is lost is a dull prodding film that gives no real reason for the protagonist acting the way he does other than being an uncaring amoral piece of s**t.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this though, as this film is also from the guy who wrote and directed Funny Games another in the "Pointless wastes of time" annuals of cinema. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:50:36 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:20 PM »

The end of the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Damn you Donald Sutherland! That movie ending made you want to jump out of a window.

If you want the authentic feel of accidentally backing up your car over your pet dog then watch Grave of the Fireflies [1988]. It's a great movie but man do want rip your heart out of your chest after watching it.

I absolutely hated the ending of the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I hate remakes in general especially remakes of movies which I like, but I was really liking this remake. I did up until what happened to the guy in the gun shop. That was just bad writing. They wasted too much of the movie developing a character which served no purpose. The movie just kills him off. The ending was lame as well.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 04:01:09 AM »

The end of the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Damn you Donald Sutherland! That movie ending made you want to jump out of a window.

If you want the authentic feel of accidentally backing up your car over your pet dog then watch Grave of the Fireflies [1988]. It's a great movie but man do want rip your heart out of your chest after watching it.

I absolutely hated the ending of the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I hate remakes in general especially remakes of movies which I like, but I was really liking this remake. I did up until what happened to the guy in the gun shop. That was just bad writing. They wasted too much of the movie developing a character which served no purpose. The movie just kills him off. The ending was lame as well.

The zombie films are awful when they become remakes.

Look at day of the dead following on from dawn of the dead but not this remake...

I can not stand any of the remakes. Its rare for me to enjoy a remake unless I hated the orginal even then its hit or miss.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 07:25:02 AM »

I though the ending for the film was pretty good.  It's sad but it really brings the whole horror's of war full circle.  The only thing I didn't like was that the character's are already dead in the beginning because while the main male character is naive about how bad things really are you just sorta wish that he would survive and become a better person and overall be less naive about things.  No he has to go and die on us so, instead of what would have been a predictable but acceptable and some what good ( I use good in this case VERY VERY loosely) ending, we get a shocker at the start about both of them being dead already. 
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »

Boys Don't Cry.

Bleak.
 Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Neville

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2009, 02:55:38 PM »

"Funny games" anyone? It got me on a killing mood, but then again, that was exactly what it was meant to achieve.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »

"Funny games" anyone? It got me on a killing mood, but then again, that was exactly what it was meant to achieve.

I LOVED the original; its one of my fav movies... however I haven't seen the one with Tim Roth yet. I actually really enjoyed the ending to Funny Games.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »

Troll 2 comes to mind when the song finds the mom being eaten.   Or perhaps Ghoulies. 

I was going to mention that.  It was totally unforgivable to do that.  Just another example of the lack of knowledge of the craft that troll 2's cast/ scriptwriter had. 

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »

Troll 2 comes to mind when the song finds the mom being eaten.   Or perhaps Ghoulies. 

I was going to mention that.  It was totally unforgivable to do that.  Just another example of the lack of knowledge of the craft that troll 2's cast/ scriptwriter had. 

I have watched that ending 3 times now. I am still confused if that was ment to be a nightmare or reality. It was very badly done well most the film was very badly done but the ending was awful.

The mist has hit me the hardest recently on shock factor.

Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »

Braveheart.  I thought it was a great movie but the ending just makes it hard to watch the movie again.  I don't know, I can watch the most disgusting slasher films, but I think Gibson's character was so well developed that I hated seeing the way he died . . . even if it was historically semi-accurate.  So great movie, downer ending.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Unhappy/Downer Endings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.