Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:45:09 AM
713338 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Let's Help RC « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Let's Help RC  (Read 13365 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: November 11, 2008, 12:08:24 AM »

A few days ago, Zapranoth sent me this private message:

"Hey everyone -- I had a thought as I read the thread about RC -- let's make him a care package from all of us, what do you say?

I figure that we could all send things to one of us, who could compile it to one package and send it to his real address, if we have that.  Ash, perhaps you could do that part of it?

I was thinking we could send him a variety of things -- maybe some movies in a format we know he can play (of course!), perhaps gift cards for groceries, maybe a little money, some cards from us personally.  I think it could help him a lot.  Anyone interested?"

I talked to RC last night on the phone and mentioned to him that we all wanted to help him out.
He grudgingly said no.  He didn't want us to do that for him.
I know how he must feel.  He has too much pride to take our charity.
He hasn't been on this board because his internet got shut off.

You know what?  I say let's help him out anyway.  He says no...but I could tell by his voice that he needs our help.
He would never admit it, though.   Bluesad

If you want to help RC out, please send me a PM and what you want to donate.  Or post it here.
I will collect all donations and make a record of each one here on this board so everyone can see what has been collected.
If you want to donate cash, you can send it to me via Paypal or check.  (send me a PM for Paypal donations or for my physical address)  Once the donations are complete, I will withdraw the money from my Paypal account, have it changed into a money order and mail it to him.
If gift cards are donated, they will be included in the envelope.
Either way, everything will be documented.

I know he told me that he didn't want us to help...but I don't care.  I'm going to help him whether he wants it or not.  And so should you. 
He won't refuse it if it's sent from me.

Sure, he'll be a little irked that I sent our donations to him, but he'll just have to deal with it.
We all care about him and he's going through some tough times that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. (if I had one  Wink)

What do you say?  Want to help RC out of a bind?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:18:51 AM by Ash » Logged
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »

If nothing else, just tell him that this isn't charity they're gifts. If he insists that the money is charity, tell him that it's our way of keeping him on the board. He can't contribute to the forum if his internet's shut off, he can't use his computer if his power gets shut off, and he doesn't have a place to store his computer if he doesn't pay his rent.  Cheers

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:50:06 AM »

Bumping this back up.

Another thought, if someone thinks it may produce anything or not, is to have a donation button through which visitors can make a donation via Paypal.

Of course, we would need the following:

1) Someone willing to use their Paypal account to accept the donations (which also means, depending on any donations, you will have to pay the taxes out of that; of course, depending if Paypal reports that or not).

2) Webmasters on this forum who would be willing to place the donation link on their homepages.

3) RC...yeah...we don't give a damn whether he likes it or not; it's for his own damn good. TongueOut

Before Ash posted this thread, I had considered the donation angle. I am not a good organizer and this would require someone who is. Ash and Zap's idea is better; I'm just wondering if you all think we could do a little more using the donation option or is it likely to flop, and not worth the effort?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:55:25 AM »

I wouldn't be able to assist Ronnie in any way financially because our currency is worth almost nothing to the US$ ~ I think you can get almost ten South African rand for one US$ and I don't have a credit card.

But if there's any other way I could help, I most certainly would. Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »

Joy and I will be happy to help RC in any way we can, he's a great guy and a good friend, just tell us what we can do.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Ash

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »

To send cash donations, my Paypal address is ash the cat3 @ gmail. com

(I separated it with spaces so web spiders/bots can't harvest my e-mail address.  When you go to Paypal, just enter it in normally as if there weren't any spaces)

Remember, all donations of any kind will be documented here on this board, so if you send money through Paypal, please include a comment to let me know who it's from.

If you wish to send gift cards or any other items, please mail them to my home address.
My home address is:
2115 Westdale Dr Sw
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Once any physical gifts like cards etc... are received, I will put them all into one package and mail it.
Maybe we should set a date by which all items must be received.  I don't want to wait around forever not knowing if someone is still sending something.
Let's make it November 30th.
All items must be received by that date.  That'll work out nicely as RC will receive it during the Christmas season.   Smile  Thumbup

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:37:54 AM by Ash » Logged
Ash

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

Let the documentation begin.   Smile

Instead of creating a new page for each donation, I'll just keep re-editing this one, posting each new donation here.

One other thing I wanted to mention.  Paypal takes a percentage off when I receive a payment in my account from some folks.  AndyC made a donation and it subtracted $1.08, leaving a remainder of $18.92.  I'm not sure if that's because he's in Canada or not. 
On the other hand, Anubis made a donation and .88 cents was subtracted leaving a remainder of $19.12.
Anyone know how much they take out for each transaction?  I'm gonna have to dig a little on their site to find out, but if anyone here knows, please post it here.
So if you want to pay whatever percentage Paypal takes, over the amount you originally wanted to donate, you can do that.  I'll note each subtraction here in the post.

EDIT:  Go to the Paypal "Fee Schedule" page for info. 
I have a Premier account and it charges me a fee to receive money.

1.) Donation by AndyC
     Amount $20.00 (minus $1.08 Paypal fee)

2.) Donation by Anubis
    Amount: $20.00  (minus .88 cents Paypal fee)
    DVD also was received

Thanks guys!   Thumbup

3.) Donation from Allhallowsday
     Amount: $50.00 (minus $1.75 Paypal fee)

4.) Donation from Trek_geezer AKA Cap'n Trek
     Amount: $30.00 (minus $1.17 Paypal fee)

You guys are awesome!   Smile  Thumbup

5.)     Donation from JaseSF
            Amount: $30.00 (minus $1.47 Paypal fee)

Thank you very much!   Smile

6.)       Donation of 12 cool old Mad Magazines by Darksider

7.)         Donation from Andrew
                 Amount: $20.00 (minus .88 cents Paypal fee)

Sweet!  Thanks a bunch guys!    hot

8.)           Sealed red envelope (holiday card + $100!)
                   Donated by Dennis and Poogie

Wow! A hundred bucks!  RC will love it!  Thanks!  Smile

9.)               Donation of several items by JaseSF
                    They are:
                    CD:  Bad Movies inspired CD mix
                    DVD's: Forbidden Planet
                              The Black Hole
                              The Fifth Element                    
                              TV Favorites 100 pack DVD box set 
                              Sci-Fi Classics 50 movie pack DVD box set 
                    VHS Tapes: Black Cobra
                                     Journey to the Center of Time
                                     It Came From Beneath the Sea
                    Books: Asimov's Science Fiction
                              7 issues of The Incredible Hulk comic
                               Plus one letter in envelope

Thank you very much!

10.)                     Donation from Raffine
                         Big book of horror comics + card

11.)                      Donation from Dean
                               Amount: $50.00 AUD (minus -$2.25 AUD fee)
                               Total in U.S. currency= $30.68 USD

Awesome!  He'll love it!  Thanks guys.  Thumbup

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:30:32 PM by Ash » Logged
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 05:08:15 PM »

Hey Ash, just noticed you posted your address in the thread, so ignore my previous request. I'll mail the DVD out to you tomorrow. Thumbup

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

Hi ASH, I like this idea.  I have Ron's address and have been planning to send him an old copy of TALES FROM THE TOMB but felt it was inappropriate, so I've been sitting on it.  What do you think?

I will send him some cash, too.  I'll paypal it to you right now.  Please note, you probably have a limit to the amount of cash you can receive at paypal without paying their fees (I think it's usually $500, unless you have a seller's account).  My contribution is sent. 

THANKS!  We LOVES BELA

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 06:19:50 PM »

I should be able to hopefully donate some near the end of this month when I get paid. Money's pretty dry right now but I'll try to do something then.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »

Hi ASH, I like this idea.  I have Ron's address and have been planning to send him an old copy of TALES FROM THE TOMB but felt it was inappropriate, so I've been sitting on it.  What do you think?

I will send him some cash, too.  I'll paypal it to you right now.  Please note, you probably have a limit to the amount of cash you can receive at paypal without paying their fees (I think it's usually $500, unless you have a seller's account).  My contribution is sent. 

THANKS!  We LOVES BELA

I have an anthology of horror comics from the 50s-80s I'm planning on sending him. I know what you mean about wondering about the appropriateness - but all in all I think he'd get a kick out of them.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »

THANKS!  We LOVES BELA

I have an anthology of horror comics from the 50s-80s I'm planning on sending him. I know what you mean about wondering about the appropriateness - but all in all I think he'd get a kick out of them.

Money is extremely tight for me right now but I want to help brighten his day a bit too.  I know he loves MAD magazine and I have quite a few MADS dating back to the 80s I'd like to contribute.  If you're ok Ash with adding this to the care package let me know.  I'll hopefully sort through them tommorow.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 10:56:51 PM »

I'll be able to kick in something near the end of the month.  I like RC and the forum isn't the same without him.  Kudos to Ash for thinking of this!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
dean

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 04:13:19 AM »

AUS$1 = approx US$.6.   Hatred

I need to get myself reaquainted with paypal before I do anything on that end.  I also want to send something interesting from here for him, but anything I send will most likely not make it by Nov 30th.  [Though I could be wrong]

Ponder I will and get back to you.  RC deserves as much as he can get!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »

I have the same problem as TheDarkSider I'm afraid, money is very tight for me too.  Bluesad My income is extremely sporadic right now. Plus I'm in England, so anything I send will probably not get to Ash by Nov 30th. If someone PM's me RC's address, I'd like to write to him and maybe send him something myself.  Smile

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Let's Help RC « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.