Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:27:28 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  60s-70s Occult Horror « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 60s-70s Occult Horror  (Read 10758 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« on: November 14, 2008, 12:42:48 AM »

A fellow poster posted this on another board. Wondering if anyone here knows what it is:

"Been meaning to pose this question for ages - probably since iMDB days.

I recall seeing a film on late-night TV in the seventies (yes, I was quite stoned) that, for ages, I had confused with 'Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things', because the tone (from what little I recall) was about the same: a low-budget, quasi-comedy that turns quite frightening in the third act. A few years ago in L.A., I re-viewed 'Children...' and, nope - that wasn't it. Then for some reason I thought it might've been another late-night stoner fave from the seventies, 'Let's Scare Jessica to Death'. No dice, daddy-o.

So here's all I remember: a group of young adults (hippies? period? hippies playing period?) experiment with witchcraft/Satanism/occult s**t and it all goes terribly wrong - the only scene I recall vividly is the very end where there is a long take of the dead bodies of the young people floating just below the surface of a stream. We see their dead, staring eyes looking up at us as they drift from right to left, one-by-one with really creepy music on the soundtrack. No credits. The End.

From the look of the color cinematography and scope, it may have been an Italian or Euro-mix production. Definitely early-seventies.

Anybody? Did I dream this? It has been haunting me for years."

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:50:31 AM »

Try I drink your blood (1970). Its got hippie satanists, and there's a scene at a river near the end, although it might not be exactly how you described it. I know netflix carries it, that's where I got it from. An interesting b film to watch, even if its not the one you're looking for.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067229/

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:03:25 PM »

It's not I Drink Your Blood

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »

I'd need to dig this DVD out and check it, if I can find the danged thing, but is it possibly Deathmaster?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068459/

It has hippies, a Manson-type cult atmosphere, and it seems like there is a freaky ending.  My god, do I have any brain cells left after the 70s?

The trailer is worth watching.

Small | Large
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »

java, kansas ain't THAT bad, lol! there a few "goddesses" who like us:)
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 10:22:46 PM »

java, kansas ain't THAT bad, lol! there a few "goddesses" who like us:)

Hmmm, I detect a hint of pagan? 

Have you tried Topeka on a weekend night?  It can drive a person to hope for an alien anal probe.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  60s-70s Occult Horror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.