Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:15:56 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  horror/blaxploitation recommendations? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: horror/blaxploitation recommendations?  (Read 7940 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »

If you care to venture into the plain blaxploitation AND you want cheese by the wheel-load, try Guy From Harlem or the utterly "WTF" Mr. Deathman.

For what it is worth, the fairly recent release of Abby is, from what I can tell, not complete.  There are some edits during the exorcism scene.  I can't believe there isn't a more complete version lurking around out there.

And let's not forget Dr. Black and Mr. Hyde with Bernie Casey.  Okay, it's mostly forgettable, but I love the one cop's line:  "That's a cross between The Abominable Snowman and Willie the Werewolf. "
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »

If you care to venture into the plain blaxploitation AND you want cheese by the wheel-load, try Guy From Harlem or the utterly "WTF" Mr. Deathman.

THE GUY FROM HARLEM is a real hoot!  I think I posted some comments in here about it a long time ago.  Even the theme song is funny.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 11:01:23 AM »

And let's not forget Dr. Black and Mr. Hyde with Bernie Casey.  Okay, it's mostly forgettable, but I love the one cop's line:  "That's a cross between The Abominable Snowman and Willie the Werewolf. "

I forgot to mention that one. It's one of my favorites of the genre. The exciting finale takes place on the world-famous Watts Towers.

I remember seeing it on Elvira's Movie Macabre back in the early 80s. Elvira comment about Casey's makeup was "Hey Bernie! Come stick your face in this bag of flour and BLOW!"

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »

I'd recommed the madtv paradies of thes movies.

also, the guy who did "splatter farm" has a black casted horror movie called "Holla if i kill you"  ( ?)
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »

Black Devil Doll from HELL
Even the cinemasnob is speechless! BounceGiggle
Small | Large
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »

got BLACK SHAMPOO through today. havent watched it yet but the synopsis on the back is hilarious.

"Jonathan is tall, muscular, black, and ballsy. His reputation as a lover has become so awesome that he is sought after almost as much in that capacity as in his experience as a hair stylist"

LOL

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 05:51:06 PM »

*TROUBLE MAN

*BLACK CESAR (spelling error?)

*BOSS n****r

*BLACULA

*SUPER DUDE

*SUPER SPOOK

*any Rudy Ray Moore film

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 05:55:44 PM »

How many films have a hairdresser as their ultra-macho hero? 

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »

How many films have a hairdresser as their ultra-macho hero? 

Good point.  I missed the link between BLACK SHAMPOO and ZOHAN until just now.   BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »

I'm surprised no one mentioned has mentioned 1975's 'Black Fist,' featuring a pre-'Miami Vice' Phillip Thomas. I own it, but have only watched about three quarters of it and it's pretty bad. I'll finish it soon. I also have one titled 'Manic' from around 1993 that I watched about half of. It was really horrible looking, had shoddy acting and poor sound quality. I can't wait to finish it, but I can't find it right now and I can't find information about it online. Too obscure for the internet? If anyone has information about 'Manic' from circa 1993, I'm all ears. None of them were a waste of money. Alco rocks!

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 02:40:56 AM »

the film you mentioned probably hadn't come up because i've steered the discussion back towards horror/blaxploitation films a couple of times now.

the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 03:13:51 AM »

I'm sorry, it wasn't clear to me until now whether or not you ment one or the other or just hybrids (although you've implied, I guess I'm too stupid to take a hint). I'll refrain from mentioning Pam Grier or Fred Williamson.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 04:15:10 AM »

To be fair, though, the latter film I mentioned fits your hybrid and also manages to pass itself off as an extremely amateurish psychological thriller, or its low budgeted cousin.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 04:24:09 AM »

sorry if i came off a little snippy there.

people are making a lot of great suggestions, here. i'm remembering a lot of films that i've heard of, but never got around to seeing.

i also came across a flick called "the glove" (1979) starring rosey grier and john saxon that sounds pretty exploitastic, although it's not a straight-forward horror flick, from what i gather.

the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »

Let me just say this: I WANT A COPY OF BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL! Man does that crap look schlocky! Reminds me of the "Unforgivable" videos mixed with Satan and Edward Wood, Junior. I'd have private screening of that film monthly with mild altering substances and a bunch of friends. New national pasttime.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  horror/blaxploitation recommendations? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.