Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:44:57 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Holiday Has The Best Candy? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of the following three holidays has the best candy?
Easter - 7 (38.9%)
Halloween - 8 (44.4%)
Christmas - 3 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Holiday Has The Best Candy?  (Read 7000 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: November 15, 2008, 08:08:32 PM »

I had to vote for Easter.  As time goes by they're coming up with so many different jelly bean varieties.  My most recent favorite is Smarties jelly beans.  I also love Peeps.  The ones they realease on the other holidays don't quite match up to the Easter ones. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »

Halloween. I think we can all agree it isn't Valentine's Day, since those little candy hearts can crack unholy heck out of your teeth.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »

Christmas, because halloween isn't really a big thing here in Sweden and Easter only got chocolate eggs, and on Christmas do we do homemade candy.  Smile
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:24 AM »

I've got to say Halloween, hands down. Easy to understand when the most important ritual of the occasion is to wander the streets and collect a huge sack of candy. Halloween has not only the largest volume of candy, but also the greatest diversity, including the truly marvelous miniature chocolate bars.

Christmas has some good candy, of course, but there's a lot of emphasis on peppermint and the like. Of course, if you count cookies and squares, it might give Halloween a run for its money. One of the things I find disappointing about Christmas candy is that some of the delicacies that would only appear in stores at Christmas eventually became year-round products.

Easter has one thing going for it - big hunks of chocolate.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 04:24:31 AM »

Easter has Peeps, but thanks to Peep Creep, we got Peeps for every holiday, including Arbor Day and Boxing Day.  Still, Peeps rule, and you can't beat the Easter shapes. (chocolate peeps are the best thing ever)

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:41:03 AM »

I think it was Shadow who said he hated Peeps. 
I agree with him.  Nasty things!  I remember disliking them when I was a young boy and have never been a big fan of marshmallow candies.

Had to go with Christmas candy.  Maybe it's the red, green and gold foil wrappers on everything.
Every year my relatives put out those multi-tiered glass dishes filled with them.  It's always fun to go over to them, see what's there and take a few.   Smile

Christmastime is always big for cookies in my family.  I remember helping my mom bake sugar cookies when I was young.  She would let me sprinkle that red and green colored sugar on them and we'd use cutters so they'd be in Christmas shapes like bells, trees and candy canes. 
Plus, nothing's better than a freshly baked sugar cookie right out of the oven.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:43:27 AM by Ash » Logged
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »

I defintely think that Easter has the best - large chocolate eggs, cream eggs etc.
That said I like the chocolate coins and footballs that proliforate round about Christmas.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »

Halloween, because you get pretty much every kind of candy imaginable, and it's free.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »

Halloween has the most candy, at a very good quality, but Easter is best.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 08:27:37 PM »

I think I'd vote for Christmas second.  Anyone like that old fashioned candy that comes out during this time of year?  I used to eat is as a kid but havent had it in awhile. 

DarkSider's Realm

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »

I get so much candy each holiday cited... I don't Trick 'r' Treat anymore, but I'll vote for Halloween 'cause I love the ritual of treat collecting.  I will say I"m most nostalgic for barley pops, which we used to get in school at Christmas time:

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 11:01:42 PM »

Halloween has a alot, but I would disagree about it being good quality, a lot of the time my load retains about a pound of chintzy stuff I eat last if at all: Tiny individual-wrapped twizzlers, taffy in wax paper, bags of pretzels... I like twizzlers and pretzels, but in small quantities for Halloween?? Buggedout

Candy canes are verrry good at Christmas, but candy-wise that's about all that comes to mind for the holiday. I would say Easter is the best juding by quality-per-quantity; milk-chocolate bunnies, caramel eggs, JELLY BEANS TeddyR mmmmm....

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 11:09:48 PM »

Halloween has a alot, but I would disagree about it being good quality, a lot of the time my load retains about a pound of chintzy stuff I eat last if at all: Tiny individual-wrapped twizzlers, taffy in wax paper, bags of pretzels... I like twizzlers and pretzels, but in small quantities for Halloween??

Yeah thats the thing with Halloween candy.  The holiday is awesome (easily my favorite) but the candy lacks a certain level or originality.  The only thing that comes to mind now that is strictly "Halloween" candy-wise would be Candy Corns or those silly gummies of body parts.  We've gave those out this year actually.   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 08:16:49 AM »

Christmas.  I gain so much weight over Christmas.  You've got chocolate turtles:

Every time I walk through the kitchen I grab one of those things.  And we usually buy a big box of them. 

Then my wife likes chocolate covered cherries, and we always buy a large box of chocolate covered you don't know what they are until you bite into them.  And candy canes.  And home made cookies - like Ash said, there's nothing better than a sugar cookie straight out of the oven.  And egg nog, LOVE that stuff.  We also make bark, which is basically liquified sugar rolled out on a sheet with nuts in it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »

I'm an Easter feaster!  Twirling

Halloween is just any old junk that's sold year round and I don't like X-massy candy/desert stuff, because it's all full of rum and intestines and old man spit.  Bluesad

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Holiday Has The Best Candy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.