Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:17:48 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Curse You, Netflix!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Curse You, Netflix!!!  (Read 16749 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 11:35:27 PM »

When I first got Netflix the only problem I had was getting movies from everywhere in the country but my local distubtor. Those were they days when "Throttling" or whatever was a problem but after they got in trouble for it that stopped.

The local distubtor is actually only a couple of miles from were I live so turnover is quick.

One thing I learned though: Never ask for a replacement right away as most of you guys have posted and noticed. Anytime if theres something wrong with the disc (Broken, mislabeled etc.) just send it back and put in your queue again. Everytime you ask for a immediate replacement they will send the exact same one. It happened to me twice and twice I got the same broken disc.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Jim H

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »

From my understanding of Netflix, at times they actually don't know exactly where things are.  Things get scanned and shipped immediately, and if there is no shipment for them they just get tossed back in a bin to be scanned the next day.  I don't think they actually have a warehouse full of DVDs.  Or am I mistaken?

BTW, from my understanding they do listen to the Requests, but if only one or two people are requesting it, they're not going to bother - it wouldn't make financial sense.  Why is why I wouldn't request anything - the stuff I'd like is too obscure for them to bother.  Then again, they DID have Long Arm of the Law, which has been out of print for several years and was never released in Europe or North America.

I Just got Net Flix, and I've been mostly happy with it.  They have a good selection of Chinese movies.  Not great, but good.  I've had several of them have to ship from the west coast though, which was kind of annoying (I'm in Missouri).  I also wish they'd carry region 3 discs, but I understand why they don't.  There's a ton of those Celestial Shaw Bros. films I'd like to see, but am unwilling to buy.  There is eHit, but ALL the DVDs there are on the West Coast, so every disc would have a 3 day wait each way, meaning too few rentals to be worth the cost.  I'd also like it if NetFlix had more Full Moon flicks, but that's Full Moons fault.  I DID finally get to see Doctor Mordrid though!

But yeah, I do like NetFlix.  From my understanding, they pick the display picture based on the disc they get first, and that is why you may get a poor version of the film.  I haven't experienced it yet, but it is a concern of mine - MANY Hong Kong films have multiple versions, often with one or two bad ones and a rare good version (like Hong Kong Legends VS Mei Ah).  Still, for the price and speed of the service and excellent response you generally get, I think they're great.  Just remember no service is perfect - mistakes will happen at any business, especially when a business is as big as NetFlix.

BTW, I did try the online viewing on NetFlix.  It's not bad, but I wish it was better quality.  Looks about like VHS I'd say.  Very few obscure titles on that service though.
Jim H

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »

I just got my copy of Phenomena.  Uh-oh, it's by Westlake as well!  Heh.  Haven't looked at its quality yet though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Curse You, Netflix!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.