Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:31:52 AM
714337 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Horoscopes « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in them?
Yes - 1 (12.5%)
No, it's all baloney! - 6 (75%)
Don't care - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horoscopes  (Read 2652 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »

Here's mine for today:

Scorpio (10/23-11/21)

"If you are still preoccupied by a career issue, you need to have a conversation with someone you trust before it turns into a career crisis. These concerns aren't going to go away unless you share your woes. Keeping it all bottled up inside will only increase your stress and make the problem seem bigger than it truly is. Get a fresh perspective from someone who has been there before. They'll have some sound advice that will help you relax and see a new way to handle things."

It's actually spot on, although I don't really buy into the whole astrological thing.

Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:02:33 PM »

I don't think so but I don't really care, I think they should put out really specific one's to freak out just a couple people reading them like, "Break up with her Jim, all your friends think she's a b!tch and she's cheating on you."

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »

Here's mine for today:

Scorpio (10/23-11/21)

"If you are still preoccupied by a career issue, you need to have a conversation with someone you trust before it turns into a career crisis. These concerns aren't going to go away unless you share your woes. Keeping it all bottled up inside will only increase your stress and make the problem seem bigger than it truly is. Get a fresh perspective from someone who has been there before. They'll have some sound advice that will help you relax and see a new way to handle things."

It's actually spot on, although I don't really buy into the whole astrological thing.

It's spot on for me too, and I'm a Gemini.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:09 PM »

I don't believe in horoscopes, and I don't consider myself a superstitious person, but I do find myself reacting unconsciously in a superstitious manner. I avoid the typical superstitious things like 'walking under a ladder', but don't tend to take them too seriously, and usually don't notice what I've done until after I've already done it.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »

Pretty sure they just write vaguely about experiences common to most everyone and of course each individual person can then relate to it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 06:53:24 AM »

I'm a Virgo (11 September 1967) and while I don't buy into this whole astrological thing, I am pretty similar to what the astrologers say.

They never say anything about my underpants, thankfully.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »

They're nonsense. I was born on December 24th, Jesus was born a day later, yet we're nothing alike, y'know?  Wink

I remember the time in high school I was cutting up magazines for my friend's art class collage project, and we read the horoscope section for the same time period in two different magazines, like Vogue and Seventeen or their ilk, and the advice given to the identical star sign was completely opposite and along the lines of "now is the perfect time for love or business" while the other said "now is the time to concentrate on yourself and not begin a new romance or launch a new career." It was stupid.

Not that I base my disbelief in horoscopes in this one thing alone but it goes to show you.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »

I said I believe in them, but only in the vaguest sense.  The general personality traits for a person's sign usually tend to be somewhat accurate.  Well, I don't actually believe that, but it's kind of an interesting coincidence I've noticed.  Don't believe in the daily advice thing though, like Jase said, it's just general stuff that most anybody can relate to.  I hate reading those damned things - just what I need, somebody predicting I'm going to have a really bad day.  I'd rather not know that 'till it happens, thank you.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

More thoughts on this...

If you think about it, if horoscopes were accurate and the time, date, place of your birth determined much of your personality, then all babies born at the same hospital at the same general time would have nearly identical personalities, life circumstances, lucky and unlucky days, and of course we know life isn't like that. Heck, if it was, people would do their level best to just have babies strictly during desired astrological times. We'd know via some sort of astrological profiling that "this group of kids in the nursery today will grow up to be dishonest, self-centered risk takers, so we better keep an eye on them, but those kids born here last week will have a predisposition toward generosity, so they're all right."

Astrology is a game, that's all.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 12:08:27 PM »

More thoughts on this...

If you think about it, if horoscopes were accurate and the time, date, place of your birth determined much of your personality, then all babies born at the same hospital at the same general time would have nearly identical personalities, life circumstances, lucky and unlucky days, and of course we know life isn't like that. Heck, if it was, people would do their level best to just have babies strictly during desired astrological times. We'd know via some sort of astrological profiling that "this group of kids in the nursery today will grow up to be dishonest, self-centered risk takers, so we better keep an eye on them, but those kids born here last week will have a predisposition toward generosity, so they're all right."

Astrology is a game, that's all.

Village Of The Damned?

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Horoscopes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.