Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:07:27 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old SciFi Channel Show... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old SciFi Channel Show...  (Read 4508 times)
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« on: November 18, 2008, 12:31:35 AM »

Years ago, I used to watch this show on the SciFi Channel that was similar to 'Tales from the Crypt' in format. The introduction would show an average American family sitting down to watch a film together, but being revealed to have tentacles and stuff. The camera would zoom into a dropped piece of popcorn and continue to the subatomic level until it revealed a feminine robot with massive 'breasts.' 'Her' 'nipple' would then open up and the camera would zoom inside for the show to begin. The episode I remember featured an old guy in a wheelchair and his attractive wife. Her boyfriend (who reminded me of Guile from 'Street Fighter II') that had gone missing in action shows up one day, surprised she moved on. The old guy tricks him into shooting himself in the head, but tells her he tried to talk him out of it. They take his body and put a cybornetic implant where the now missing head used to be and use him as a maid. He somehow remembers what was done to him and... I don't remember what happened after that. Can someone help?

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 03:50:19 AM »

That is the introduction to "Perversions of Science," though I do not remember the episode you describe.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »

Ah, thank you Andrew. You are right. I believe I mixed up that show on HBO with a similar show on the SciFi Channel. Now if I can only figure out what show has the episode that I described. I know that it played on the SciFi Channel late at night before or after the Munsters several years ago. My query was half solved and I feel pretty good. Thank you.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »

Well, the show "Monsters" has a similar intro (a family of monsters sits down to watch TV) and reruns of it aired on Sci-Fi, if I recall correctly.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:47 PM »

'Perversions of Science' was one show and 'Monsters' was the other. The episode was a 'Monsters' episode called 'The Young and the Headless.' I had indeed confused the introductions to both shows with my prepubescent mind. Thank you for all your help. I feel a little better. Mystery solved.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old SciFi Channel Show... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.