Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:17:18 AM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Karate/kickboxing movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Karate/kickboxing movie  (Read 6374 times)
jaydanz
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:18:04 AM »

whats the name of the movie where the guys all stand in a circle while the other two people fight and there singing a son that sounds like " bon na noway bonna noway bon na na"
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:46:58 PM »

Could that be the 1993 film 'Only the Strong?'

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:41:54 AM »

That was my guess to Rev. Here is a youtube clip from the film with the music that jaydanz mentioned:

Small | Large

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:51 AM »

Wow, Jordan, we did it! Go Team Venture! It's been forever since I saw that film. Too bad those clips didn't show anyone getting kicked in the head. I remember a dance teacher, field trips and gangbangers plus that goofy, catchy music, but that's about it.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:41 AM »

Hahahaha. I haven't seen it in a while myself, but your memories pretty much add up to the entire plot of the movie. This is the first Mark Dacascos flick I ever watched, and its second only to his kick ass role in "Brotherhood of the Wolf."

-----
The Vault Master
-----
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

'Brotherhood of the Wolf' sounds like a must see, although I regret I haven't heard of it. I guess I assumed that actor was a one film guy and didn't give it much thought. I've made mistakes before. I was young when I saw 'Only the Strong,' and didn't think of it again until I saw the new Mazda commercials. I'll have to check that guy out now. Does he appear in a lot of bad films?

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »

Most definitely check out "Brotherhood of the Wolf." (CLICK HERE for IMDB PAGE.) I was a bit disappointed with it at first (it is NOT a werewolf movie), but after a repeat viewing, I enjoyed it a lot more. It is loosely based on the "Beast of Gevaudan" (spelling?) which supposedly terrorized the French countryside way back in the day. This version of the tale has Mark Dacascos as a kung-fu Indian and some other cool surprises that I won't give away. (Well... okay, you see Monica Belluci's hooters! Sorry to ruin that for you too.  Wink )

Mark Dacascos has been in a lot of bad stuff most notably "Double Dragon." Check out his imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001092/  He also starred in "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven" which was cheesy as all heck!

He's actually had a pretty good career, but never managed to become a headliner for an A-list movie. Quite sad really.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »

i saw bits of Double Dragon. Based on an old video game, right? I know it had an Andy Dick cameo, but the antagonist was... Gary Busey? Kurtwood Smith? I cannot seem to remember.

Bellucci? Really? Wasn't she in 'The Matrix: Reloaded'? But that film does sound worthy of a midnight screening.

Is that 'Crow' film where he puts a coin in a dead guy's mouth and kisses him? That film was horrible.

Most A-films are unwatchable celluloid excrement, in my opinion, and staying in the lime green spotlight of debauchery of B-films sounds infinitely more appealing.

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 05:04:45 AM »

"Double Dragon" is very, extremely, loosely based upon the classic Nintendo game. I don't recall an Andy Dick cameo though Michael Berryman has a small cameo in it. The antagonist was Robert Patrick. Hard to believe he was the menacing T-1000 in Terminator 2.

Indeed it is Monica Bellucci from "Matrix: Reloaded" (and "Shoot 'Em Up" as well). If you give it a watch, lemme know what you think.

As for your final inquiry, "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven" was actually short-lived TV series. Just think of the classic "Incredible Hulk" TV series and substitute a kung-fu fighting' undead hero. Don't know which of the Crow films had a guy kissing a dead dude.... but truthfully, aside form the original film and "Crow: Salvation" it really is best to forget about the other two flicks.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »

I hear you... was the Edward Furlong one worth watching? I will check them out and give you my take. It was Robert Patrick in 'Double Dragon'! That's who I was thinking of! It also had Alyssa Milano and cameos by George Hamilton and Vanna White (as news anchor people) and Andy Dick (as the weather man). Unfortunatly, I haven't seen 'Shoot 'em Up,' either, but I hear good things. I wonder if the topic poster checked on this topic to find out the film he wanted to know about. What's you opinion on Robin Shou?

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »

The new Crow with Eddie Furlong was f*ckin' atrocious. It was extremely disappointing, considering that it was directed by Lance Mungia, who also did the super-fun "Six-String Samurai."

Ah, I forgot Andy Dick, George Hamilton, and Vanna all had cameos on the TV news in "Double Dragon." Good job on that one Rev.

Check out "Shoot 'Em Up," but be prepared to NOT take it seriously. If you go into it expecting a ridiculous action movie, then you will be rewarded. Go in expecting Shakespeare and you'll probably turn it off after ten minutes.  BounceGiggle

I don't know if the topic poster has seen that his mystery movie is figured out, but I suppose this can be moved to the SOLVED section at this point. lol.

Robin Shou is pretty cool in my book, though it seems he has dropped off the radar in recent years. The last time I remember seeing him was in the not-so-good mockumentary "18 Fingers of Death." I personally think that "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" pretty much murdered his career, though he was in the "Death Race" and is starring in the new Street Fighter movie that comes out next year.

I personally think Jason Scott Lee is a better actor than Robin Shou. Jason's role as Bruce Lee  in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" was pretty darned good in my opinion. Ironically, he lost the role of Liu Kang in "Mortal Kombat" to Robin Shou.

What do you think of Tony Jaa Rev.?

-----
The Vault Master
-----
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 04:22:53 PM »

The Mortal Kombat films sucked ass. As a fan of the games, I was dissapointed to see my beloved storyline butchered beyond recognition. The first one was entertaining, though. I miss Bridgette Wilson. Shou was in the 'Death Race' remake? I am honored that you evoked the hallowed name om Jaa Panom, the Siamese contribution to the international badass community. That man is nothing short of amazing. I can't wait for Ong-Bok II and I look forward to following what looks to be long, exciting and promising career. I simply adore that man's talents.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Karate/kickboxing movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.