Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:36:28 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Words of Wisdom for Your Internet Life « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Words of Wisdom for Your Internet Life  (Read 12572 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »

Metropolisforever, Like others have said, you have some good ideas and thoughts, and have put up some pretty interesting viewpoints. BUT, when you decide to go on a tear, you just try and push the edge, and for no real good reason. I think the problem is you just don't 'get' this forum and the people that participate, or even HOW to participate. Want an example, look and ANYONE'S 'Karma Given' stats and compare them to your own. Look at the threads started by others, and look at your own. Look at people's attitudes toward others, including Andrew, and then look at yours. You really come off as a smart-alek kid, and you'll not get much respect for that. Most people here are grown adults, and those that aren't grown adults ACT as mature as the adults, even moreso than some of the adults. That said, this is still a family-level site, and none of us want to have to wait until our kids are out of the room to post here, there's a better way, and that is keeping it relatively clean. Andrew called you on posting crap that many find offensive, and your reply was "I apologize if anyone was offended, but the Internet can be like that". Yes, we know it can, you're not telling anyone anything they didn't already know with that. Might be new news to you, but it's not to the rest of us. But, because "but the Internet can be like that", we tend to hang out here, and many seem to do so to stay AWAY from that. Not myspace, not the sherdog forums, not usenet, not 4chan, but HERE. The thing is, that about half of your initial post in this thread is pretty good. But 'good' wasn't enough, you had to get into the swearing and such, a few of which seem like were racial slurs, (for the record, many of us would not want our kids hearing the N-word any more than the F-word). My advice to you is to sit back and lurk for a week or two. If what is posted bores you or doesn't interest you, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Menard
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 10:03:02 PM »

...and those that aren't grown adults ACT as mature as the adults, even moreso than some of the adults.

I resemble that remark. TongueOut
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 10:53:41 PM »

I guess I should just go away.  I'm obviously not wanted here, and you probably don't need me to cause any more trouble.

Oh stop babbling and just post.

If you post something stupid or explosive, they'll tell you about it. Take a moment to absorb it, then follow your own advice...

...GET OVER IT!!!

TongueOut

Menard gives good advice, if this was the first or second time.  By my count this is the fourth incident.  Metropolis seems like a smart fellow, so I can't see why he can't seem to figure out what he's doing over and over to annoy Andrew. 

I guess I should just go away.  I'm obviously not wanted here, and you probably don't need me to cause any more trouble.

Of course we don't need you to cause trouble.  If you're here to deliberately cause trouble, then yes, you should go away.  If you're still figuring out the rules, then you need to keep showing progress in behaving like an adult on a family friendly forum.  You'll go along fine for a week or so, then some new issue will arise.  The way to stop causing trouble, is to stop causing trouble. Just think: does my post contain nudity, or dirty words, or anything that would cause the MPAA to give it an "R" rating (or even PG-13?)?  If so, don't post it, or re-word it so it doesn't offend. 

If you actually can't tell the difference between something that will cause offense and something that won't, that's a serious social problem that will stick with you through life, not just on this forum. 

Andrew's been very patient with you.  I think we'd all like to have you here if you would just stick to the games and movies stuff you do best, and stop trying to push boundaries/buttons.  If you can't do that, Andrew will ban you.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 11:32:27 PM »

Menard gives good advice...

Just thought I would extract the most pertinent part of your post. TongueOut

...does my post contain nudity, or dirty words, or anything that would cause the MPAA to give it an "R" rating (or even PG-13?)?

Uh...yes...frequently.

Metropolis seems like a smart fellow, so I can't see why he can't seem to figure out what he's doing over and over to annoy Andrew.

MF is trying to get attention.

Ever been in a room,  or classroom, with several people, when the popular guy is getting all the laughs, so you try to butt in with a remark you think is witty, but everyone looks at you like 'who's the dork?' and then turn back to the popular guy?

Just wondering. Never experienced that myself. Lookingup

MF has made a comment about how old or unfunny he (assumption) thinks my usual lewd thread title followed with a 'what did you think I meant' is.

According to what these guys say, MF, you can be creative and relevant (personally, I don't know as I just simply ignore you). The problem is, sometimes you try to force that. Unfortunately, it is not going to make it any more funny, creative, or whatever; it's just going to make them say 'who's the dork?'...

...and then they'll turn their attention back to me. TongueOut

Like the girl says, 'Hey, don't push so hard'. If you keep pushing so hard, you'll not get the response you are wanting and instead end up p**sing someone off.

Don't try to emulate someone else on this board who seems to get attention. You can get people's attention without rubbing them the wrong way (get your mind out of the gutter Lookingup).

I know, getting attention is second nature for you; though you should know how to do it first, and you don't quite have that wrapped up.

It's kind of like saying that if you touch a girl the wrong way and get kneed in the nuts for it, if it's the tenth time you've been kneed in the nuts you have obviously missed the signals that you should not touch her that way.
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50:34 PM »

I never said that this forum will "be like that", and I never intend to cause controversy, although I WAS blowing off steam with this thread.  However, I was not intending to start any fights.  I was just humorously writing about some of my frustrations with the Internet.

TeddyR TongueOut

I agree with Menard. Just keep posting and if you're about to post something that you feel that someone could find offensive or something, just take the safe route and don't post it.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 07:04:52 AM »

Metropolis ~ just a word of advice from an old man, well, someone quite a bit older than I would imagine you are.

Andrew's provided a wonderful site for all of us to enjoy and while we have free space to share our views, I think you should know that there are rules here. Not terribly restrictive rules but rules nonetheless. I've been here for about a year and a half and I know those rules well.

Please count your words before you post anything as I consider everyone here friends and I wouldn't like to see anyone (you included) banned. Also, please remember that Andrew pays for this site to be up for us all to enjoy and it is not a good idea to make him angry or offend him in any way.

As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome here: just please watch the language and what you write.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Menard
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:15:41 AM »

TeddyR TongueOut

I came short of saying it, but that picture delivers it in so many ways words can't express. Thumbup
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:40 PM »

and those that aren't grown adults ACT as mature as the adults, even moreso than some of the adults.

YEAH!   Thumbup

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »

Menard gives good advice

I bet saying that hurt worse than passing a kidney stone the size of a Buick. BounceGiggle

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 10:36:20 PM »

Menard gives good advice

I bet saying that hurt worse than passing a kidney stone the size of a Buick. BounceGiggle

Nah, remember, I'm a lawyer.  I've been trained to say things like that with a straight face.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:02 PM »

Menard gives good advice

Nah, remember, I'm a lawyer.  I've been trained to say things like that with a straight face.

I'm just glad none of you smart alecs have tried to turn advice into head.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »

I thought you were a bartender. . .

Menard
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »

I think it was that he passed one bar, then passed out at the other one. Drink
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 01:46:22 AM »

I think it was that he passed one bar, then passed out at the other one. Drink

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 04:44:13 AM »

Whoah! I just came in right now and noticed that Metropolis is now a guest. Which means he's quit the forum. Me thinks some one might be over reacting a tad. He's not just crying over spilt milk he's putting a bullet in his brain because of it!

Now on one hand I'd like to say that probably wasn't the most profane post on a forum I've ever seen. On the other hand that's fairly profane for THIS forum. I've always noticed that people in this forum like to avoid profanity for one reason or another so i've kept it to a minimum. At least by my standards. Smile

Note: I didn't realise that there was another bloody topic on this before I posted. Ah well!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:47:15 AM by FlaK Bait » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Words of Wisdom for Your Internet Life « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.