Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:38:20 PM
714192 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Funniest TV moments ever.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Funniest TV moments ever....  (Read 20097 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »

Whose Line's Party Quirks with Colin being the one who has to make sure that the person's gender is that person's gender

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 08:51:04 PM »

Tim Conway and Harvey Korman's famous dentist sketch on the Carol Burnet Show . . .
and, more recently, Bob Newhart's "Stop It!!" skit on MADTV.  I laughed until I lost bladder control at that one!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 09:14:47 PM »

There's two tv shows that used to crack me up.

There used to be a tv show called "Soap", 1977-1981.    Basically, it was a comedy that ran like a weekly serial.  My favorite character was a guy called "Burt Campbell".  There was a running gag for awhile where he thought he could make himself "invisible" and another where he was abducted by aliens and is replaced by an exact replica of himself who is really an oversexed alien.

Speaking of aliens, who could forget Al Bundy (Married with Children) and the little green men who stole his dirty socks and used them for rocket fuel! TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »

There used to be a tv show called "Soap", 1977-1981.    Basically, it was a comedy that ran like a weekly serial.  My favorite character was a guy called "Burt Campbell".  There was a running gag for awhile where he thought he could make himself "invisible" and another where he was abducted by aliens and is replaced by an exact replica of himself who is really an oversexed alien.

Wasn't there also a weird episode where he bumped his head and couldn't remember who he was?

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

Not sure about that, Circus.  I did a little reading up on the show, and in the article it says Chester Tate had some kind of operation and then developed amnesia, and as a result, can't remember who he is. I do kind of remember that ....

There was also a character called the MAJOR (an old man who seemed to think he was a retired military general or something) who always wore a uniform covered in medals. I do remember him having some kind of stuffed doberman pincher dog that he was always dragging around with him, especially down a flight of stairs! Remember, him?

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »

I don't know the name of the television show, but I think it was British. I saw a clip, and I'm sure somebody here can identify it. Anyway, it was a game show where the three contestants have to answer questions to reveal portions of looping animated picture, presumably to solve something about the picture. Anyway, as the portions of the animated picture were being revealed, it had the unintended appearance of an animated character masturbating. It was just something you had to see to get the unintended comedic effect, but the contestants and the host were cracking up to the point of significant delays in the game. I wish I knew the name of the show so I could look it up, as it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen anywhere.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 02:41:35 PM »

I don't know the name of the television show, but I think it was British. I saw a clip, and I'm sure somebody here can identify it. Anyway, it was a game show where the three contestants have to answer questions to reveal portions of looping animated picture, presumably to solve something about the picture. Anyway, as the portions of the animated picture were being revealed, it had the unintended appearance of an animated character masturbating. It was just something you had to see to get the unintended comedic effect, but the contestants and the host were cracking up to the point of significant delays in the game. I wish I knew the name of the show so I could look it up, as it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen anywhere.

That would be Catchphrase with Roy Walker. My favourite gameshow of all time.  Smile

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »

THAT'S IT! Thanks ever so much Circus. Now that was some of the best uninteded comedy ever.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »

For me it would have to be the Amanda Bynes Show, especially that black kid who played the Jamaican taxi driver.

I remember one time where he picked up the guest star and took the poor guy on a knuckle whitening ride.  Then his mobile phone rings and it's his wife calling him because their house is on fire.

And he says, "why you calling me?  You should call 911."  and he hangs up on her!

Man, I just laughed until I couldn't breathe!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »

The episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY with Sammy Davis, Jr. as a guest star.  Two scenes stand out:

* Before Sammy arrives at the house, Archie warns Edith numerous times not to mention Sammy's glass eye.  When Sammy arrives, Edith gives him a cup of coffee and Archie asks, "Would you like sugar in your eye?"

* Sammy gives Archie a kiss on the cheek.  This scene used to hold the record for the longest audience laugh in television history . . . maybe it still does.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »

The episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY with Sammy Davis, Jr. as a guest star.  Two scenes stand out:

* Before Sammy arrives at the house, Archie warns Edith numerous times not to mention Sammy's glass eye.  When Sammy arrives, Edith gives him a cup of coffee and Archie asks, "Would you like sugar in your eye?"

* Sammy gives Archie a kiss on the cheek.  This scene used to hold the record for the longest audience laugh in television history . . . maybe it still does.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle I remember those 2 episodes!

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »

A couple of TV moments.

A number of years ago, on "Disneyland," there was a two-part episode called "Sammy, the Way-out Seal." The funniest moment being towards the end of the second part, when the dogs in town chase the seal through the town's supermarket.

We talk about ROTFL!, mostly figuratively, but this was literally ROTFL! My mother, younger sister, and I found this scene so funny, that we were literally rolling around on the floor laughing about what we saw on our TV.

Another moment.

On the original "Hollywood Squares," when the host Peter Marshall asked Paul Lynde, who was sitting in the center square, this question: "How many films has Vincent Price made?"

And Paul's reply: "Well, he made two or three last week."

Vincent, who was sitting in one of the corner squares, and seemingly taking offense at what Paul said, then said: "That's more then you made all year."

To which Paul, replied: "Well, some of us are choosy."

If anybody said anything after that, I couldn't hear it, because I literally drowned out the sound from the TV, I was laughing so hard.

Yes, those were the good old days.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:18 PM »

Since BSK mentioned Hollywood Squares, it reminded me how much I really used to enjoy the show.  Smile

Flu-Bird
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »

VITAMEATAVEGEMIN from I LOVE LUCY
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 05:41:06 PM »

Another one for me. To understand this, you need to know I had not seen "The Shining" at the time. Johnny Carson used to do primetime specials of the best moments from "The Tonight Show". One year I plopped down to watch the show and instead of the normal opening, a clip I realized was from "The Shining" started to play. I thought someone at the network had hit the wrong button and I wondered how long it would take to switch to the real show. So Jack Nicholson chops a hole in a door, sticks his face into it and says, "Here's Johnny!" and the show started. I can't remember ever laughing harder at anything on TV. Since I hadn't seen "The Shining", I had no idea what was coming. It was the perfect setup. Just a great moment.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Funniest TV moments ever.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.