Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:29:26 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 151
Author Topic: Reading anything?  (Read 747830 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2009, 10:44:42 PM »

That is my favorite Dean Koontz book!   

"OUR ANCIENT ENEMY" - Timothy Flyte

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »

Continuing on in our Short Story Unit in English class, we have justed finished reading A Rose for Emily.  It was rather interesting and I see it as a story that had another hidden story within it with how it is all set up.  Also, I have just dived into The Birds as well.  I finished reading it and I thought it was pretty good, though a couple of my friends said it was too long for a short story.  Anyways, we might be able to even watch the movie once the whole class is all done reading it.
A Rose For Emily is quite a fine story.  What do you suppose FAULKNER meant when he described her face as being "like an old flag"Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »

I downloaded "the sacredness of questioning everything" by david dark.  it's about spirituality and how to overcome the sort of fear based image of God to see the loving sort of God, if that makes any sense.  He calls the former "uncle Ben" for some reason

http://bit.ly/ii7mu
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »

I am currently rereading Congo.  It was a pretty interesting story the first time around so I am giving it another shot.  My English class just finish reading Teenage Wasteland and The Old Man with Enormous Wings.  As for my manga collection, I am still reading through Black Lagoon and Oishinbo.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »

I am reading "Thank You For Smoking" by Christopher Buckley and I am almost finished.  It's pretty good. The movie that is based on it is pretty good too but they are vastly different.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »

I just finished reading BECAUSE THEY HATE by Brigitte Gabriel.  A Lebanese Christian, Gabriel was 12 years old when the Lebanese Civil War began . . . she saw many of her country's Christians slaughtered by Islamic radicals before finally fleeing to sanctuary with her aged parents to Israel.   She had been raised to hate the Israelis, as all Lebanese, both Christian and Muslim, had been.  But when she saw what that country was like as opposed to the nightmare that Lebanon had become, she threw off her blinders and rejected Islamic propaganda forever.   She wrote this book after 9/11 to warn Americans of the very real danger she sees coming from the Middle East - not that a few fanatics have hijacked a noble, peaceful faith and turned it into an excuse for mass murder, but a rather more unpleasant truth - that Islam is, by its very nature, hateful and intolerant of all other faiths, bent on the forcible conversion of the whole world, and that the command to wage jihad is taken very seriously by most of its adherents. 

Obviously, the author is exceedingly biased.  But she backs every assertion she makes with quotations from the Q'uran and from leading Islamic clerics, as well as the words of the most dangerous radicals themselves.  For example, did you know that Hamas' charter dedicates the organization not only to the desctruction of Israel and the overthrow of the U.S. government, but also singles out Freemasons, Kiwanis, and Lions Club members as "agents of Zionist oppression" that must be rooted out and destroyed?  This is a VERY disturbing book.  I don't agree with all Gabriel's assertions or her proposed solutions, but at the same time, ignoring what she has to say may be a dangerous alternative.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »

I read the newsletter from my golf course today.  They're having lots of end-of-the-season deals on golf clubs and stuff.  Other than that, not much of interest.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »

The Devil you know~ Mike Carey~ It took a little bit to really get going but im enjoying it.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #265 on: October 08, 2009, 12:07:08 AM »

Finished Phantoms.  It was pretty good, especially towards the end. 

I recently bought a huge book of HP Lovecraft stuff called "Necronomicon."  Because of this, the two small Lovecraft books I have are pretty much obsolete, save for about five or so stories between the two that aren't in Necro.  So, I'm planning on read Celephais, The Temple, and The Moon Bog before plowing into anything else. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #266 on: October 08, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »

indiansmith-  the christians of lebanon aren't so innocent either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre

reading "The Jesus Myth" http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=1286423

it's a misleading title, it's not saying Jesus is myth but its about how the image of Jesus was created by the people of his time using whatever symbols were available.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:54:22 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2009, 04:22:01 PM »

Reading through Congo like I said before, but I am also started on Frankenstien.  With my manga, I am still reading through Black Lagoon, Oishinbo, Children of the Sea, and Vagabond.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2009, 02:06:19 AM »

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »

My English class just finish reading Teenage Wasteland and The Old Man with Enormous Wings. 

AN OLD MAN WITH ENORMOUS WINGS was made into a movie that has been recommended to me, but it's out of print and unavailable.  It would be cool if your English teacher showed you a copy. 

As for me, I am reading THE ANNOTATED WIZARD OF OZ and 1,000 RECORDINGS TO HEAR BEFORE YOU DIE.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 151
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.