Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:04 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 151
Author Topic: Reading anything?  (Read 747831 times)
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #435 on: March 21, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »

Finally got into reading The Demon Redcoat. I think I'll go outside to read today, its too nice to stay indoors.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #436 on: March 22, 2010, 06:24:03 AM »

I'm currently digging into Michael Slade's Ghoul, which was sent to me by AndyC! So far, so good...  Smile

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #437 on: March 22, 2010, 10:28:20 AM »

I'm currently digging into Michael Slade's Ghoul, which was sent to me by AndyC! So far, so good...  Smile

Great. It didn't take long to get there.

I've finished Primal Scream and jumped out of order for the newest, Red Snow. I'm already halfway through, and the story is full of surprises. Slade brings back characters from a few earlier books, kills off a couple of regulars, and has a criminal mastermind attack the Olympics at Whistler, BC. with both large-scale terrorism and more intimate homicide.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #438 on: March 23, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »

Just started UNCLE TOM'S CABIN by Harriett Beecher Stowe

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »

I have 76 pages left in The Chosen by Chaim Potok.

I'm really enjoying it so far!     

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #440 on: March 24, 2010, 06:23:06 PM »

Just finished ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER.  A fascinating look into a little-known aspect of the life of our 16th President, based on his recently discovered journals.  By the editor of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.  It is an amazing tale of heroism, and the REAL meaning behind America's Civil War!  Best line so far, from Lincoln's journal:

"I cannot escape the conclusion that as long as this nation is cursed with slavery, it will likewise be cursed with vampires."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: I just finished Dangerously Funny. It is about the Smothers Brothers and their late 60's TV show. It starts with their rough childhood and go thorugh to present day. However, much of the focus is on the problems with network over their TV show. It clears up many misconceptions about the show and the ultimate termination of the show.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #442 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:07 PM »

Finished Red Snow in just a few days. Very easy read. I must say that the title is very apt. It's as if Slade decided by the 13th Special X book to cull some of the supporting characters he's accumulated since the early 80s. I mean, he's killed off one or two before, but he totally cleans house in this book. I can imagine it must get hard to write a taut thriller with an army of minor characters who continue to multiply as their backstories get longer and longer.

This was the third appearance of the criminal mastermind Mephisto, who aside from being an insane genius with lots of ill-gotten money and a penchant for seeking out other maniacs to do his dirty work, is also very concerned about global overpopulation. He'd like to get that number back to a nice, comfortable 700 million people. And after being foiled in two previous books, he has a real hate on for the RCMP.

Now, I can't decide whether to start another Slade book, since I only have two left in the series, or get into Peter Straub's Koko.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »

Ye-es.

The Indiana Jones Omnibus

In the early '80's, as a movie tie-in, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was published as a monthly comic book over a period of three months by Marvel Comics.

Then, some fourteen months later, a demand was seen to publish the further adventures of Indiana Jones as a monthly comic book.

Some of the adventures lasting only one issue. Some two issues. And some three issues.

Then just recently both the comic book version of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and the further adventures was repackaged and republished by Dark Horse Comics. Which is how I read 'em.

I don't know how long the series lasted, as I've only read the first dozen issues, but it lasted at least one more issue after the first dozen.

Next time: Rick Geary's "A Treasury of Murders"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #444 on: March 27, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »

I'm still reading The Beast House by Richard Laymon.  Not nearly as good as The Cellar.  It feels like he had a quota to make and decided to do a sequel to The Cellar, but also padded it out with romance.  I'm almost 200 pages into this 334 page book and there has yet to be much of anything scary in it at all.  Just a lot of raunchy sex and powder puff nonsense between characters.  I'm hoping the last 100 pages will make up for it.  I enjoyed The Cellar because it was fresh, well written, and succinctly narrated.  There was a little romance and some screwing now and then, but he at least kept the ball rolling. 

It's one of those books that pretty much isn't good, but I have to finish it.  I'm still reading the next book in the series next, that being The Midnight Tour, and I'm hoping that one will not disappoint like this one has. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:08:30 AM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #445 on: March 27, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »

http://mises.org/daily/4183 - lord acton on the american revolution

audio version:  http://mises.org/media/4758 (mp3) 27 mins

Basically, once the french threat to the colonies was gone, england was useless to them and The American Revolution was inevitable
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »

I read a British history of the Revolution a few years ago - I think it was called A FEW BLOODY NOSES - that adopted that same premise, and also insisted that it was actually the French that won the Revolution, which I feel is stretching things a bit.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »

IS- I agree. It's his pro liberty sentiments that got it reproduced on that site and they are very nice
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #448 on: March 28, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »

I've started reading a compilation of time based short stories in a book named Time After Time edited by Denise Little. So far it's been kind of disappointing.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #449 on: March 29, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »

Love military history and this ones a good one so far.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 151
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.