Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:35:44 AM
714335 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The 10 movies you shouldn't watch online « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 10 movies you shouldn't watch online  (Read 6197 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: November 21, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081121/ap_en_mo/on_the_net_little_movies

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »

Personally, I don't think any feature-length films should be watched on youtube or the like, unless there's no other option. I'd rather pay a dollar or two for the rental and watch them on a nice screen with a decent sound system.     

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:21:17 PM »

2001: A Space Odessy.  Really, this film should only be seen in the theater on the big screen.  I love the shos of the outside of the spaceship.
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 04:28:34 AM »

Personally, I don't think any feature-length films should be watched on youtube or the like, unless there's no other option. I'd rather pay a dollar or two for the rental and watch them on a nice screen with a decent sound system.     

More importantly is the lousy quality.

For myself though, it's relatively easy to connect my laptop to my projector to watch streaming movies online.  I watched Killing Spree and Out For Justice this way, through NetFlix streaming.  Ok, not exactly Lawrence of Arabia is cinematography and big screen images, but still, watched em on a big screen.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 12:21:24 PM »

No.
Size and sound are killed by the computer. Thats what big screen tv is all about!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »

wow, i'm surprised that no one has posted the "
david lynch on iphone Small | Large
" video...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

wow, i'm surprised that no one has posted the "david lynch on iphone" video...

I'd never seen it before... but those are my feelings exactly.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:21:11 PM »

I've watched my share on movies on my laptop which doesn't do much justice overall, but when I was bored at work, it was a decent way to pass the time, even though it was just through my headphones and not a good surround sound system like I wanted to listen it to.  The only thing I would watch on a computer is a TV show that doesn't have a lot of if any explosions, or something very loud like gun fire or such.

HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »

Sigh* I'm so sick of lists by people who clearly stopped enjoying new movies after a certain era. I'm an 80s kid, so I can feel that nostalgic curmudgeon creeping in, but damn him, I won't be that guy.

Top 10 21st century movies that must be seen on a big screen:

I could have included LOTR, but it would have been too easy.

10.) Cloverfield

Disclaimer: I hadn't done this since my early teens, but I snuck in about 20-30 minutes after it started, so I skipped over the annoying banter and the ticket price. The handheld camera effect will either work for you or it wont. If it does work, I can't imagine watching it on a small screen. You might as well watch it on youtube.

9.) Transformers

Yes, the movie was corny. Newsflash! So was the cartoon. Over and underdone in many places, but rarely enough to destract from the GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!  Twirling

8.) The Cell

See also 'The Fall.' Frankly, they are both some of the coolest things, movies or other medium, that I have ever seen. I liked them, but to be fair, they are definitely for the foreign/art film crowd.

7.) The Incredibles

I won't see Cars, and I haven't seen Ratatoille, but as much as Pixar really does good work, the comic book geek in me just gushes for the rare well-done superhero story.

6.) The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:

Not since Jurrasic Park had I seen such a masterful blend of puppetry and CGI, and I waited a long time to see it again... 

5.) Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

...but I'll say it again: there are major flatfalling and wtf moments in the script, but the jaw-dropping visuals actually made up for it.

4.) Paprika

"Ugh, but Anime is so annoying."
Your loss.
"Eh, I'll watch it on my laptop."
Eyesight was wasted on you.

3.) Let The Right One In

A wonderful Swedish vampire film and a must see before the cheap American rip off comes along, but moreso a must see on a screen that captures the eerieness of vast silent winter landscapes.

2.) There Will Be Blood

As good as No Country for Old Men was, and it was very very good, it had a lot to make it good. TWBB did a lot with what was really very little. Everything overwhelming was somehow understated and it deserves to be treated like a film.

1.) Freddy Got Fingered

If you ever watched MTV or spent time on a pop culture list, you deserve to have this dominate your field of vision.  TongueOut

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »

I watched Return of the Living Dead on You Tube.
I won't be doing that again.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »

No.
Size and sound are killed by the computer. Thats what big screen tv is all about!

If you search you can find decent videos and you can hook up your PC to the TV, may cost you a bit in extra connector perhaps easier to get a projector.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »

I enjoyed Return of the killer Tomatoes on you tube...I guess I'm an idiot.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:43:46 AM »

I enjoyed Return of the killer Tomatoes on you tube...I guess I'm an idiot.

No it depends on the film. Troll 2 was enjoyable to stream on youtube.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »

I watch a lot of films on Netflix, most are decent especially the older b-movies films that the quality isn't that good in the first place.

Jim H

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »

Another note I have to add is that it's REALLY easy to connect current TVs to computers now.  I mean, the damn things have DVI and VGA ports built in, and support standard computer resolutions!  They practically ARE computer monitors, excepting the type of colors they use.

It isn't so much watching them online, as it is you shouldn't watch them in crap quality (youtube) on a small monitor.  I do feel there is a difference.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The 10 movies you shouldn't watch online « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.