Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:01:49 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Conqueror « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Conqueror  (Read 32709 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 02:41:03 AM »

The "sailor" bit amuses me, because I tend to hear it said online to me - but never in person.  Odd, that.

TeddyR TeddyR That's more material for Dr Menard to work on.  Wink

At our film lab the other day, a guy told me "Sit down, girlfriend, I'll see where Jenny is."

Girlfriend?  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
atommo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »

Great job, Andrew, as always. I've always wanted to review this movie. Is it known whether or not Howard Hughes actually knew the affects of the radiation would be that bad? Perhaps back then there wasn't as much information about it.

On another note, responding to Reply #5: I first learned the meaning of the word "perfidy" by reviewing I Was a Teenage Frankenstein. "Perfidy, thy name is woman!"

Visit Atomic Monsters
http://www.atomicmonsters.com
Kate1982
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »

Actually, the only motivation in the film I halfway understood was the female lead. The reason she had the change of heart after watching Ghengis Khan get beaten was because it was her first time seeing him as a vulnerable human being rather than a horrible, loud brute trying to rape and beat her every few seconds.

But as you say, yes. It's a wonderfully bad film in every way.
Rich L.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »

A tad peeved at women? Whoever wrote this obviously hates women. My word the things he said. And for the record, not all men think like you do. Very few in fact.  Thumbdown
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 08:57:29 PM »

A tad peeved at women? Whoever wrote this obviously hates women. My word the things he said. And for the record, not all men think like you do.

True enough.  Only the ones with a sense of humor think like that.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »

A tad peeved at women? Whoever wrote this obviously hates women. My word the things he said. And for the record, not all men think like you do. Very few in fact.  Thumbdown

Was this the part that annoyed you?

Quote from: The Review
That insane unpredictability is why men want to conquer the world. We are trying to get away from the craziness that women subject us to on a daily basis. The fellows whose homes we are pillaging know exactly why we are out burning and looting everything in sight. They want to fight us. They're like, "Woman driving you crazy? Yeah, mine too! I'll get my sword! Thank goodness you came along when you did!"

Girls, I am not joking. Us men think like this, and it's your fault.

My reviews tend towards free association essays that are influenced by the movies.  If you have not seen the movie, you really should.  Genghis Khan (John Wayne) spends the entire movie slapping the bejeezus out of Bortai (Susan Hayward), while saying the rudest, sexist things.  Suddenly, she falls in love with him.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Conqueror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.