Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:26:43 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Black Friday Accident Takes The Life Of Walmart Employee « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Black Friday Accident Takes The Life Of Walmart Employee  (Read 28171 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »

video update...note the damage to the door...
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=10885567&src=news

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »

What I keep thinking about is the guy who was killed.
The day before, he was probably happy and doing well.  Maybe he spent time with family and had a Thanksgiving dinner.  Maybe he played World of Warcraft.  Maybe he smoked a joint and got friendly with his girlfriend. (if he had one)  Who knows?
Little did he know that he was going to die the next morning.

I can imagine the 2000+ crowd streaming in, bleeting like sheep.  "BaaahBaaah!" 
Just following the herd...........

Seriously, who the hell waits in line in the freezing cold all night at WAL-MART of all places?
Don't they know that the items they want will eventually be in stock again?
And even if they aren't, can't they think of something else?  Perhaps something even better to buy their loved one for Christmas at a different store?

No, they can't.

I'd be willing to bet that the people who instigated this "push" for the ultimate bargain aren't very smart.  I understand that not everyone there meant to kill this man, but just by being there in the first place, they demonstrated their gullibility and blind stupidity.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:30:38 PM by Ash » Logged
Doctor Menard
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »

I think a potential solution to avoid such a tragedy for future Black Fridays would be, for any Walmarts that are not open 24 hours (or closed Thanksgiving Day), is for the company to require the store manager to be the one who unlocks the doors for the customers. If that were the case, you could damn well bet there would be every safeguard in place. It would be a good policy for retailers in general to practice rather than a manager having a redshirt do it for their yellow ass.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 07:25:31 PM »

They didn't help matters putting up a sign that says "Blitz Line Starts Here". The police should have secured the place and not let anyone out until they investigate and look over the surveillance tapes to find out which individuals were responsible.

This is also why I do all my shopping online.

But. . I did go to Anchorage on Friday, the traffic was about on par with a summer weekend, not much more.

If I was the manager of a place like wal-mart, I would consider moving all the big sales to the NEXT friday. That way you get all the people the couldn't find what they needed on BF, and the ones that didn't feel like dealing with the huge crowds.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doctor Menard
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »

If I was the manager of a place like wal-mart, I would consider moving all the big sales to the NEXT friday. That way you get all the people the couldn't find what they needed on BF, and the ones that didn't feel like dealing with the huge crowds.

The problem with that is Black Friday is the day after a major holiday; a day when people can get away with shopping at Walmart as an excuse for coming in late to work.  The next Friday, is not that traditional shopper's day and would take a degree of social engineering to turn it into one.

The retailers aren't going to give up their big day, and frankly should not. Aside from the problem being with the store where it happened, and not the day itself, the executives in corporate with major retailers, who are truly soulless people, will write it off along the lines of 'too bad he didn't have better reflexes, oh well'.

People have been trampled in retail rushes before. Injuries have come about due to that, but this is the first time a death has resulted.

It seems to speak in volume of something could have been done at the store in question to have prevented this, but was not. A manager should have unlocked those doors rather than their cowardly ass sending a low-level employee to do it.

No competent manager, having known the size of that line, should have sent anybody to unlock the doors without first implementing crowd control. This was not the Chicago riots; 2000 people are not that difficult to control, if you implement control procedures, and they did not.

The manager of that store should be fired, without the option to resign.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »

The police should have secured the place and not let anyone out until they investigate and look over the surveillance tapes to find out which individuals were responsible.

At the very least they should have gotten the names and addresses of everyone in the store, and taken a picture of each person to help them identify them by what they were wearing in the surveillance tapes.  A person's death was caused by other people;  even if it was "accidental", it still needs to be investigated thoroughly.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
maria
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »

I hope they catch the people who did this there was nothing in there ad worth even standing in line for i hope who ever did this has a really bad Christmas's  i cant even imagine what his family is going through
Torgo

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 04:11:14 AM »

It's crazy insane stuff like this that ruins the holidays for a lot of people.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Black Friday Accident Takes The Life Of Walmart Employee « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.