Main Menu

Saturday Morning Cartoon Schedules

Started by ER, November 24, 2008, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Neat site, full of nostalgia. This section has the Saturday morning TV schedules for all the networks, showing what was on at what time from 1979-1990. I remember many of the later series. Pee-Wee's Playhouse, was, of course, the king of all media as far as I was concerned back then. Screaming the word of the day, almost making my grandma have a car wreck....ah, memories.

http://www.inthe80s.com/saturdays.shtml

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Flu-Bird

retrorussell

Quote from: Flu-Bird on March 29, 2010, 03:04:27 PM
Can anyone remember WACKY RACES?
Yeah.. that was late '60s.  Then they kinda revived it with "Yogi's Space Race" in the late '70s.  Dick Dastardly was one of my favorite cartoon villians.  Drat, and double drat!
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

The Burgomaster

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

retrorussell

Also, it had a spin-off called "The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop".  Help a lady!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMtA8ahAwDI

And also "Dastardly And Muttley In Their Flying Machines".  Stop that pigeon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSIU9BG41U&feature=related
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

The Burgomaster

Quote from: retrorussell on April 01, 2010, 02:22:26 AM

And also "Dastardly And Muttley In Their Flying Machines".  Stop that pigeon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSIU9BG41U&feature=related

I had a board game based on this cartoon when I was a kid. 
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

retrorussell

And they had one for the Wacky Races, too!

Jack

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

Flu-Bird

There was a cartoon THE GOODFEATHERS involving these pigeons living in central park there was BOBBY who was a sort of leader PESTO who had two different colored eyes and a hair trigger temper and SQUIT the only one ever in a good mood then there was their boss THE GODPIGEON  waddly who talked in a mumble only bobby and soetimes pesto could understand and the sparrows were their rivals

retrorussell

That was a skit from "Animaniacs".  Others were Mindy and Buttons, Slappy the squirrel, Pinky and the Brain, Rita and Runt, Chicken Boo, Flavio and Marita, Katie Kaboom, and Minerva Mink.

Flick James

Yes. The Wacky Races, though from the late 60's experienced reruns on Saturday mornings well into the 70's, which was when I was in my elementary years. Saturday mornings were EVERYTHING to a young kid back then, there were no other options. I would wake up, tune in while eating two big bowls of cereal, and watch show after show until heading out to spend the afternoon playing with friends. Sid and Marty Krofft rules 70's Saturday morning live-action shows. Lidsville, Sigmund and the Seamonsters, Land of the Lost, Wonderbug, I watched 'em all. Lidsville was one of the most bizarro psychedelic, nearly nightmare-inducing kids shows ever made, a show about a kid who fell into a giant magician's hat and entered an alternate world full of talking hats. Each hat was a caricature of it's type: the cowboy hat acted like a cowboy, the fedora acted like a cartoon gangster. All of this was through puppetry and costumes, all live-action. No animation. When watching Sid and Marty Krofft shows you just knew that they were LSD-tripping hippies from the 60's that started making kids shows.

Ah, the memories are flooding back. I think Sigmund and the Seamonsters and Land of the Lost were my favorites of the day. The 1980's had great Saturday morning shows, but nothing beats the psychedelic shows of the 1970's. Who needed drugs when you could just watch those shows?
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

retrorussell

Flu-Bird

I got the DASTADLY and MUTTLY IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES boardgame for christmas the object was to find the YANKEE DOODLE PIGEON with the mailbag and in our school room we had WACKY RACES coloring books

Doggett

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.

Flu-Bird

There was also a animated version of KING KONG put on by RANKIN.BASS WITH A COOL THEME SONG and TOM OF THUMB a tiny secret agent and his partner SWINNING JACK