Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:36:32 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who's a badass? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Who's a badass?  (Read 32791 times)
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »

Barry Newman, anyone? TeddyR

Nah...I would go with Gary Newman   Buggedout

Small | Large
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:04:02 PM by Magnus » Logged
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2008, 08:58:31 AM »

You have to include the dyspeptic Urbano Barberini in the schlock-gasm that is the two Italian Gor movies (the latter of which made it into the annals of MST3K). And who could forget the beefiest man yet to emerge from the Canadian wasteland, Jon Mikl Thor? He killed more people as a zombie and a demonic hair-band singer throughout the 80's than I have family members (btw Jon Mikl Thor, please don't read this and kill my family.)

Oh, and Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Thomas (Yakmala!!!!!!!!!!!!)

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »

Was that gold medalist in a film or television show? If not, what's he doin' here?

I don't think she qualifies yet, but Mary McCormack might soon.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Doctor Menard
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »

Was that gold medalist in a film or television show? If not, what's he doin' here?

Somebody must have invited him.

Okay, who invited the olympians?
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »

While he did not win a gold medal for anything done in a television show or movie, he should have won at least a silver in the Parmistanian Smiting Event for killing a man with his thighs and maiming thirty-seven people with a pommel horse as Jonathan Cabot in the documentary (I think) Gymkata.

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 12:38:39 AM »

Okay. Hadn't seen it; heard it's terrible (I mean "worth watching").

Has anyone mentioned Richard Lawson?

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Doctor Menard
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 04:21:50 AM »

Has anyone mentioned Richard Lawson?

Not that I recall, but I would like to mention that Richard Dawson is a badass.

BounceGiggle
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »

Derf mentioned James Cagney in passing -- Cagney deserves more than a passing reference --

While he thought of himself primarily as a "hoofer"(dancer), Cagney pretty much set the bar for badass in films like "Public Enemy" and "White Heat".

In "White Heat", for but one example, he's locked one of his own gang members in the trunk of a car.  The gang member gets jostled around a lot & then they stop the car to take care of some business.  When Cagney comes back to the car, the gang member in the trunk is saying "Hey!  It's hard to breathe in here!".  Cagney says "Oh, you can't breathe, eh?  Well let me punch you some air holes!!", and empties his revolver into the trunk --

Um . . . yeah.  I think that sort of employee/employer relationship pretty much defines badass --

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »

Derf mentioned James Cagney in passing -- Cagney deserves more than a passing reference --

While he thought of himself primarily as a "hoofer"(dancer), Cagney pretty much set the bar for badass in films like "Public Enemy" and "White Heat".

In "White Heat", for but one example, he's locked one of his own gang members in the trunk of a car.  The gang member gets jostled around a lot & then they stop the car to take care of some business.  When Cagney comes back to the car, the gang member in the trunk is saying "Hey!  It's hard to breathe in here!".  Cagney says "Oh, you can't breathe, eh?  Well let me punch you some air holes!!", and empties his revolver into the trunk --

Um . . . yeah.  I think that sort of employee/employer relationship pretty much defines badass --

peter johnson/denny crane
Ah, so Darth Vader is of the Cagney (Can't remember the characters name...) school of managment skills.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2008, 01:43:32 PM »

Cynthia Rothrock

the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »

I nominate Albert Popwell. Has he been mentioned on this site at all? He damn well better have been!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

If Vincent Price qualifies, does that mean we can add Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre?

Karloff was definitely a badass in THE BODY SNATCHER.  He killed a puppy with a shovel for barking too loud, for goodness sake.  Plus, he killed Bela, which makes Bela a wimp in my opinion.  (I can say this because RC Merchant isn't around right now).

[/quote]

Ah...but Bela killed Karloff...skinned him ALIVE no less! -in the BLACK CAT (1934)
And Bela walmost always was an evil charecter...most of Karloffs charecters had some redeeming qualitys-ie-the Frankenstein Monster, all those misunderstood mad doctor movies. Bela was almost always just plain evil....he enjoyed his evilness! Laughing all the way in some instances! "Yes! I LIKE to tor-ture!"-the RAVEN (1935)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2008, 08:05:49 PM »

If Vincent Price qualifies, does that mean we can add Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre?

Karloff was definitely a badass in THE BODY SNATCHER.  He killed a puppy with a shovel for barking too loud, for goodness sake.  Plus, he killed Bela, which makes Bela a wimp in my opinion.  (I can say this because RC Merchant isn't around right now).

Ah...but Bela killed Karloff...skinned him ALIVE no less! -in the BLACK CAT (1934)
And Bela walmost always was an evil charecter...most of Karloffs charecters had some redeeming qualitys-ie-the Frankenstein Monster, all those misunderstood mad doctor movies. Bela was almost always just plain evil....he enjoyed his evilness! Laughing all the way in some instances! "Yes! I LIKE to tor-ture!"-the RAVEN (1935)
[/quote]

Rats!  Foiled again!  Let's just say they're BOTH badasses, shall we?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

Simon Pegg has impressed me lately and I am looking forward to his upcoming role as Montgomery Scott.

Also, Peter Stomare has reeked of badassery several times.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2008, 05:22:01 PM »

Rats!  Foiled again!  Let's just say they're BOTH badasses, shall we?
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong...Karloff could be as bad as you wanna be! Check out BEDLAM -where he is the evil head of a nuthouse. Karloff made more GOOD horror films...Lugosi struggled through garbage...yet he made them memorable just because he was in them. Karloff and Lugosi are BOTH LEGENDARY badassess...along with one I would think should be on here....Peter Lorre...whatta evil ittle SOB he was!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who's a badass? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.