Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:57:26 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BRUTAL MASSACRE - A COMEDY (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRUTAL MASSACRE - A COMEDY (2007)  (Read 2925 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: November 25, 2008, 12:16:23 AM »

I just finished this movie, and I LOVED IT!!!  Here is part of what IMDB has to say about it:

"Brutal Massacre: A Comedy. The film is a documentary style film tracking the hilarious misadventures of a well-meaning crew attempting to make a horror film. Among the crew is Harry (David Naughton, welcome back!) as a seasoned director looking for a hit to earn his credibility back, his incredibly strained assistant director Jay (Brian O'Holloran, Priceless), the electrician Carl (Ken Foree, can't say enough nice things about this guy), an ill tempered cinematographer (Gerry Bednob, watch out for the karate chop!), the deranged owner of the property the crew is utilizing (Gunnar Hansen, new king of the f-bomb) and Ellen Sandweiss of Evil Dead struggles to keep everyone and everything together even as things fall hilariously apart. The film has been completed on a decidedly low-budget, but it is ultimately the cast who make the movie what it is: a humorous, inventive, and entertaining skewering of horror film lore. Ellen Sandweiss, Gunnar Hansen, Ken Foree, and David Naughton are known for their work in the horror field so it is a pleasant, welcomed surprise when it turns out that they are quite funny. In fact, one of the film's main charms is the fact that every character in the movie tends to steal the scenes from each other! Not to give the movie such a big head, one must remember that a lot of the humor is hit and miss. The humor is sometimes subtle, drawing comparison to This is Spinal Tap, which is warranted in certain instances and sometimes the humor is more in-your-face. Even though not ALL of it works, one can plainly see that they are truly trying. And that means quite a lot."

I had seen the previews for this some time ago, and since Anchor Bay has churned out some pretty good horror lately (HATCHET, BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON), I decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did.  Comedic situations that are actually funny, every possible kind of confusion and mayhem on the set, and a few gratuitous boobies thrown in . . .  this movie has it all.  If you love horror films, you need to see this one.  Seriously.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »

Glad to hear it was good.  I saw it at the video store and came pretty colose to renting it.  I'll put it on my netflix queue.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »

This was a great one. I even showed my friend whos not into horror movies and she found it hilarious. "You need a killer? I was in fu***** Vietnam. Classic.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 03:08:54 PM »

I queue'd it up on Netflix, Thanks for the tip.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:20:45 AM »

i saw this the same week that i saw "behind the mask: the rise of leslie vernon", and i thought "brutal massacre" was much better. not exactly the same themes, but the two flicks share the whole "behind the scenes" sort of vibe. "brutal massacre" was a little uneven, but viewed as a whole it was quite fun.

Torgo

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »

I saw this for sale at Wally World a couple of weeks ago and was kind of intrigued by the premise. It's gotten pretty good reviews as well. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BRUTAL MASSACRE - A COMEDY (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.