Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:56:06 AM
714259 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thanksgiving Week Movie Selection . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Thanksgiving Week Movie Selection . . .  (Read 903 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: November 26, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »

Still haven't made it to see HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS -
But I have watched several movies this week, and two last night.  Here's the rundown:

SKYLINE :  Pretty cool alien invasion flick, awesome visuals, creepy monsters, dreadful ending.

2010 MOBY DICK:  I must say for an Asylum release, I was pleasantly surprised.  This is a fairly straight adaptation of Melville's classic tale, set in modern times with a high powered nuclear submarine and its obsessed captain, chasing the giant whale that maimed him years earlier.  Some pretty cool whale attack scenes, too!  A film from Asylum worth watching.  What a novelty!

JONAH HEX:  OK, I'll confess I never read any of the comics, so I was pretty unfamiliar with the character, but this isn't a bad movie.  Shades of THE WILD WILD WEST, only a better script and slightly more believable plot.  John Malcovich really chews carpet as the villain Gen. Turnbull, and Josh Brolin is perfectly gritty and rude as the title character.  Features Megan Fox as eye candy.

THE LOST TRIBE:  OK, a group of archeologists on an island in the Carribean discover a hominid skull that is not fossilized and all go missing.  Five friends on a pleasure cruise shipwreck on the same island and encounter a cannibalistic tribe of "missing links".  A hit squad headed by Lance Hendrickson is sent out to eliminate all those who have seen or heard of the team's findings.  What could have been a decent jungle creature feature instead becomes another opportunity for Hollywood to kick the church in the you-know-where's.  The assassination squad is sent in by the church to silence the finding of the "missing link."  First of all, if the church had that kind of power or inclination, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to take out Darwin?  Or the Leakeys?  I mean, the Pope has actually officially endorsed evolution!  More knee-jerk anti-Christian (and specifically anti-Catholic) propaganda masquerading as entertainment.  I must admit it ruined a pretty entertaining little movie for me.

Saw a couple of pretty good trailers also, including one for a film called BONNIE AND CLYDE VS. DRACULA.  Memo to self:  Must see this movie!

So that has been my holiday entertainment package thus far.  I'm not trying to replace the "Recent Viewings" thread here, but what did YOU watch over the holiday?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Thanksgiving Week Movie Selection . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.